RE: Why do you think people glorify unstanning BTS so much ?

• Hmm an old thread getting bumped up.

This ARMY doesn't care at all re these announcements. Good-bye~

Music tastes change and artist evolves. It's natural. Just don't generalized ARMY - the entire fandom - or spread misinformation about BTS on your way out. Yes, there are toxic ARMY but there's still MORE non-toxic ARMY that continues to do amazing things for this community too. Like yesterday I saw that Indonesia ARMY has an on-going campaign against Hyundai starting a coal plant in Indonesia and using BTS to greenwash as ambassadors for sustainability etc.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think people get to doing it for a vareity of reasons some because the music/style had changed and those people weren't interested in the new directions and got off the ride. Others for ideological reasons because of fandom issues or some image/brand the group itself endorses or embraced at one time. You are correct there's many non toxic fans, but unfortunately we know most people end up interacting with the loud vocal minority of toxic fans and they hurt the worse from controlling a story narrative to doxxin and bullying etc that the affected people don't get to see the good folks beyond all of this and unfortunately choose to write off the whole thing. The ideological one would be fans and others trying to use BTS as some activist thing like this green energy BS, if the members were Greta thurberg level behind green energy they never would have done anything with Hyundai let alone them promoting the Hyundai SUV. People get tired of misguided or hypocritical messaging being peddled to them do that turns them off too. The last thing people want is their entertainment to be preaching to them.

Like you can't talk to me about being green and climate change while promoting a heavy industry car manufacturer that pollutes more in a year than the entire population of a city can. And produces products that are NOT climate friendly. I'll just see you as a hypocrite at best and a clown 🤡 at worse and ignore you. This is what most people think when they see shit like that.

• I think people get to doing it for a vareity of reasons some because the music/style had changed and those people weren't interested in the new directions and got off the ride. Others for ideological reasons because of fandom issues or some image/brand the group itself endorses or embraced at one time. You are correct there's many non toxic fans, but unfortunately we know most people end up interacting with the loud vocal minority of toxic fans and they hurt the worse from controlling a story narrative to doxxin and bullying etc that the affected people don't get to see the good folks beyond all of this and unfortunately choose to write off the whole thing. The ideological one would be fans and others trying to use BTS as some activist thing like this green energy BS, if the members were Greta thurberg level behind green energy they never would have done anything with Hyundai let alone them promoting the Hyundai SUV. People get tired of misguided or hypocritical messaging being peddled to them do that turns them off too. The last thing people want is their entertainment to be preaching to them.

Like you can't talk to me about being green and climate change while promoting a heavy industry car manufacturer that pollutes more in a year than the entire population of a city can. And produces products that are NOT climate friendly. I'll just see you as a hypocrite at best and a clown 🤡 at worse and ignore you. This is what most people think when they see shit like that.

I don’t stan BTS for their attempts at activism - I stan for their music and performances first - and I don’t hold them as real activists.

That said, I appreciate their support for being messengers for various causes and at least doing something e.g., speaking up, raising awareness, and donations.

Of course BTS’s attempts aren’t perfect - companies they partnered with greenwash all the time. Heck even the UN, iNGOs, and real activists greenwashes and mess-up occasionally too.

I will always think that ARMY that takes up various causes is a great thing. The fandom inspired to do good because of BTS’s songs and lyrics - we mobilized to do something.

If ppl think BTS and ARMY are hypocrites for trying - that is fine and fair game. It doesn’t bother me because I see the positive impact of BTS and ARMY daily.

https://www.oneinanarmy.org has a whole directory and good summary of ARMY doing positive things around the world because of BTS and their attempts at activism.

My original point was just to say that the ARMY is more than the loud, toxic minority.

It’s fine if ex-ARMY leaves the fandom because they no longer like the music or grew out of BTS or because of the toxic fans. It happens and natural. There is also a LOT of positivity which is ignored when discussions come up re ARMy has a fandom.

• but army are crazy people it's just the hard facts. look how they took over allkpop they are a satanic fandom it's just the facts and nobody wants to hear it, they are frauds, they make fraudulent streams, they are not a genuine fandom, they steal money from new jeans, it's just so obvious who they are. they are liars, they are not real people and i think BTS are from the matrix and they brought along this evil fandom and we should all unstan BTS because of this. it's just the truth.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!