Girls, question on periods

• What do you use? 45

1. Period pads (34) 76%
    2. Tampon (5) 11%
    3. Cups (1) 2%
    4. The specific underwear that soaks your periods in (1) 2%
    5. I switch stuff depending on my periods (4) 9%
    6. I use another item when I'm on my periods (0) 0%

I use pads since I had my first periods and I find it the most comfortable for me but what about you? I can't get convinced to switch to other stuff

People often say in videos how good washable period-underwear would be where you don't wear a pad or tell you about the cups you put in your V but I don't really trust this and also the cups sound pretty unhygenic when you are in a public restroom because you can't just walk pants down to the next sink to wash the cup ...

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Pads, I used tampons when I travelled one time (it was a place with rivers), but I didn't like it, I was unsure if would really work lol

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I switch depending on what I am doing and my flow.

• I don’t have periods any more (IUDs are a blessing), but when I did, it was too heavy for pads. I did that one time and then it was tampons all the way. I never tried the other things because I assumed they were not for people like me living that super plus life.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

:pepe-high-five:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I used these for years until I found Nana and I never looked back. Nana pads are softer and more comfortable.

I'm literally the opposite, I used nana for years and only switched to always a year or so ago. So far I'm liking it better.

I still prefer nana's daily pads though.

• External Content www.youtube.com

• pads

Tampons hurt

I would assume dva cups would hurt too

I have a very light flow, always did

Pads do the job

• Baeggi

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I'm literally the opposite, I used nana for years and only switched to always a year or so ago. So far I'm liking it better.

I still prefer nana's daily pads though.

• I use heavy flow pads (overnight during the night) during my heavy days (usually the first 2 to 3 days) and then thinner pads for my lighter periods. I would sleep with a towel for the first two days because I am prone to leaking.

• Baeggi

• I use pads since I had my first periods and I find it the most comfortable for me but what about you? I can't get convinced to switch to other stuff

People often say in videos how good washable period-underwear would be where you don't wear a pad or tell you about the cups you put in your V but I don't really trust this and also the cups sound pretty unhygenic when you are in a public restroom because you can't just walk pants down to the next sink to wash the cup ...

• Baeggi

• ..............................................................................................................perfume

• I don’t have periods any more (IUDs are a blessing), but when I did, it was too heavy for pads. I did that one time and then it was tampons all the way. I never tried the other things because I assumed they were not for people like me living that super plus life.

I went period-free for months one time and it was truly a blessing, even though it was because of chemotherapy :pepeshut:

But after I finished chemotherapy I had a very weird phenomena where my body would heat up for like 15 minutes and them I'd get chills and cold sweat immediately after for like 5 minutes and the whole process was accompanied with extreme fatigue (I remember one time it happened while I was grocery shopping and I had to sit down on top of bottled water boxes because I could no longer stand until it passed yikes). At first this happened once a day and then it kept happening more frequently until it reached a rate of once every 7 hours (I had literally set up a counter lol). This went on for 3 months. My doctor said this was my body protesting to the lack of period????? And sure enough it stopped all together once I started having my period again, 3 months after chemotherapy. And now I'm back to the 5 painkillers a day life :pepe-puddle:

• You have to have enough flow to "smooth" the way for the tampon. I knew a woman who said her period was a day long and light. I was bawling inside as she told me.

Mine is like 3 days

only kinda of a regular flow on the 2nd day, just spotting the first and 3rd day

What it lacks in flow, hits me in cramp and pain. I also violently throw up for that 3 days. I often lose a 1kg everytime I have my period bc I can't keep food down.

• Can I just ask?

Why are you using spoilers?

It's natural and normal to get a period.

I'm using because I'm talking about IUD lol It's kinda out of topic

• I went period-free for months one time and it was truly a blessing, even though it was because of chemotherapy :pepeshut:

But after I finished chemotherapy I had a very weird phenomena where my body would heat up for like 15 minutes and them I'd get chills and cold sweat immediately after for like 5 minutes and the whole process was accompanied with extreme fatigue (I remember one time it happened while I was grocery shopping and I had to sit down on top of bottled water boxes because I could no longer stand until it passed yikes). At first this happened once a day and then it kept happening more frequently until it reached a rate of once every 7 hours (I had literally set up a counter lol). This went on for 3 months. My doctor said this was my body protesting to the lack of period????? And sure enough it stopped all together once I started having my period again, 3 months after chemotherapy. And now I'm back to the 5 painkillers a day life :pepe-puddle:

That's exactly what happened to my mom after chemo.

She was kinda happy at first bc she thought it's gone forever and the they came back

• Can I just ask?

Why are you using spoilers?

It's natural and normal to get a period.

Yes they are, but as we are getting quite detailed, I’ve put under the spoilers just as if I was describing details of an illness or an injury. Just because you know something exists doesn’t mean every person wants all the details.

🤷🏽‍♀️

• They're newish - came out in the last 5 years I think.

They used to be a thing during my grandma's time, then they went out bc of mass produced single use pads. Now bc people are more conscious of single used products they are coming back again.

• why is it out of topic since it's been proven that IUDs do help with period pains and even length?

Because the question is more about what we use lol But Idk, I don't have a critea, sometimes I derail the topic more and don't use spoiler :pepe-shoooketh:

• Pad, my mom was very weird when it came to tampons (and birth control). She said they give you cancer, so I have always used pads.

Even though I've learned to question my mom's logic these days, I've gotten used to using pads. I'm thinking about getting Nexplanon, but until then, I don't see myself switching.

Also considered the underwear, but I hate the idea of walking around with wet undies all day.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I prefer extra thin pads but then they suddenly stopped selling extra thin Nana in my city for whatever reason. The thicker ones were uncomfortable for me so I had to switch for a different brand. Thankfully always offers extra thin pads that are also super long :froghype:

• This thread contains 130 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!