I don't think it would be feasible for BTS to promote their next album, if they have to enlist.

• It's been more than a year since they released an album (make it two years, if we consider how their label promoted BE just as much as they would for a mixtape).

There's been too much discussion about their enlistment lately, and it has got me worried whether BTS is gonna even have a proper comeback before enlisting (if there's no exemption). Jin needs to enlist by the end of this year, and BTS most likely won't comeback until June bc of tour. That means we only have 6 months left.

Now BTS's full focus being on touring, after their american leg, they'll announce a full worldwide tour as their last OT7 concert tour before military service. That would take around 5 months. So at the most, they only have 1 MONTH LEFT?

Now, will they spend that time promoting an album with a hectic schedule or take a break for rest needed after touring, I have no clue.

No wonder HYBE told us that BTS is feeling stressed about the lack of clarity about the enlistment. How are they gonna schedule and plan for touring and comeback within such a short period? Even I would feel stressed if I were them. At this point, I would be glad even if they get to release the album.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

27dbe724372b809813a823b7367393edb58cad57.gifv

• rumours saying they actually put a brazilian tour date on hold because of the upcoming decision...so they might not tour much just us + japan and release the album ig?

but won't HYBE make them do a final OT7 concert tour if BTS were to enlist? Bc of the pandemic, I thought that would be their main focus. Also they've already toured in Korea and US (currently going on), so wouldn't it be redundant to go there again for promoting their album?

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• but won't HYBE make them do a final OT7 concert tour if BTS were to enlist? Bc of the pandemic, I thought that would be their main focus. Also they've already toured in Korea and US (currently going on), so wouldn't it be redundant to go there again for promoting their album?

us + japan tour legs are where they make the most money so thats why i focused on it

if they plan to promo the album before enlisting, i'd assume korea to be their focus

but who knows how the situation will develop, they probably do have a plan a and plan b

• I think BTS will release a single on May and followed by an album on June. Then focus on touring which is a form of promotion itself.

I agree touring is itself a sort of promotion. That's what they mostly did for LY:Answer. But if the setlist for songs being performed is the same as PTD tour, then I'm afraid they won't promote any song from the album expect the title track.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• Jin has to enlist before 4th December 2023. The rule for other Koreans is to enlist in a year after they turn 28. Since all BTS members got deferment of 2 years, all of them have to enlist in a year they turn 30. So even though Jin turns 30 in 2022, he doesn't have to enlist before his birthday in 2022. His last year of enlistment starts from then. I have explained this many a times already. But still none of the ARMYs seem to remember this :facepalm:

Anyways it's good that it doesn't matter since BTS will get an exemption. It's just about time.

• I agree touring is itself a sort of promotion. That's what they mostly did for LY:Answer. But if the setlist for songs being performed is the same as PTD tour, then I'm afraid they won't promote any song from the album expect the title track.

I don't think the new tour will have the same setlist as the PTD. :annoyedk:

Aside from their upcoming album, they are also working on their individual music.

Could they make this work? :pepe-notes:

• ...what? lol

• Jin has to enlist before 4th December 2023. The rule for other Koreans is to enlist in a year after they turn 28. Since all BTS members got deferment of 2 years, all of them have to enlist in a year they turn 30. So even though Jin turns 30 in 2022, he doesn't have to enlist before his birthday in 2022. His last year of enlistment starts from then. I have explained this many a times already. But still none of the ARMYs seem to remember this :facepalm:

With the amount of hype surrounding BTS and the exemption decision, I would've guessed the enlist date is this year. My bad :|

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• With the amount of hype surrounding BTS and the exemption decision, I would've guessed the enlist date is this year. My bad :|

This is how politics works. Politicians make "controversies" to make public discuss these "controversial" topics to hide something bigger happening behind the scenes. They make controversies around celebrities to distract public. These things always tend to be about celebrities because public sees and follows celebrities and hence are more ready to get involved in those discussions. The bigger the celebrity, the bigger is the distraction.

Since someone from HYBE also asked for clarification around this, it has added fuel to the fire. I do understand HYBE's reasoning for bringing up this topic now but I think they should have just waited it out by a little. I mean this guy is still a new president who hasn't even taken his charge and is a very controversial figure himself so little more patience from HYBE's side and there wouldn't be so many flames as we are seeing now.

• they will definitely release an album because it's been like 1.5 years since BE and hybe being the money greedy mfs they are will definitely not let this opportunity pass. but i feel like they might release it when they're having their American tour (whenever it is) so they could do a few schedules while they're in the country. they haven't promoted at Korean music shows in over 2 years anyway

but regarding enlistment, they might get it but the public outcry might be huge idk. their own words are being twisted against them..

• I mean they did okay promoting their last four singles with pre-filmed performances and whatnot. It's not like they HAVE to go to music shows or anything if they release an album.

• I mean they did okay promoting their last four singles with pre-filmed performances and whatnot. It's not like they HAVE to go to music shows or anything if they release an album.

It was bc of the pandemic that they had to promote their latest singles with pre-filmed content. I don't think they'll still continue the same when they can physically be present and perform live for the fans.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!