What stops groups like Lightsum, Purple K!SS, TRI.BE, and woo!ah! from hitting it big in Korea?

• What stops groups like Lightsum, Purple K!SS, TRI.BE, and woo!ah! from hitting it big in Korea?

music is good, MV's are made with nice budget, so why it don't work as it should?

let's discuss

MV's for those who ain't familiar with mentioned groups:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Lightsum... I feel their identity is not that clear... I love vanilla,but vivace was meh!

Tri.be... maybe the Latin influences are not helping them? I love their songs!!! It's sad they are lacking recognition.

Woo!ah... I guess their company is too nugu.

They have the best chances to hit it big, their visuals fit more with the SK taste. Maybe more cbs!!!

Purple Kiss - it's weird... They have the full package.

Goeun has Taeyeon's aura.

I guess they just need the right song.

• brand awareness and brand recognition

they might or might not be considered nugu within kpop but the issue is they don't have the brand awareness to the Korean GP which makes them nugu to the GP

and thus if no one knows who you are no is going to listen to you regardless of whether their songs might be good or not...

• Lightsum is the only who got attention because they have Chowon, but Vanilla received mixed opinions

The others is more about the lack of company power. RBW has Mamamoo, but wasn't enough to make Korea check Purple Kiss out (well, Korea is failling mamamoo too nowadays...)

Woo!ah! songs aren't that strong (for me), but look at Busters, they had the visuals (strong woo!ah! point) and catchy songs, but still couldn't get out of nugudom, so idk if good songs only would make Woo!ah! hit big.

• Lightsum is the only who got attention because they have Chowon, but Vanilla received mixed opinions

The others is more about the lack of company power. RBW has Mamamoo, but wasn't enough to make Korea check Purple Kiss out (well, Korea is failling mamamoo too nowadays...)

Woo!ah! songs aren't that strong (for me), but look at Busters, they had the visuals (strong woo!ah! point) and catchy songs, but still couldn't get out of nugudom, so idk if good songs only would make Woo!ah! hit big.

Wooah! have been gaining some attention recently (they were on Queendom as a spectator group). Busters were really crippled by the bad management, majority male fandom, the age of the girls, and the sheer amount of solo stans (Fanatics had this problem to a similar extent).

Wooah! are just starting off but they're doing pretty good for a nugu company: they've performed at a few festivals, the company has been trying to diversify the fanbase and it's not only pushing Nana.

RBW amazes me in their incompetency...w Oh My Girl not doing so well w their latest song (reminds me a bit of Twice's situation where the individual group is trending and all but they don't like the song) , Mamamoo losing all international and domestic promotion (who knew they had a documentary), and releasing back to back singles to milk the fans money....without any international focus.

But they're pushing Purple Kiss only internationally? They aren't even known in Korea...only the PD48 girls. Send Yuki on a rap show! Send Dosie on a dance show...PK are a strong dance group. I don't think their sound is very liked by the K-GP though, w a dark concept. PK have also virtually no C-base where midtier groups have a bit at least.

Lightsum has creative direction problems. But they have 5 members w decent fanbases.

• 1 is they are all from very small companies so unless the group has a popular member the labels will fail to generate predebut hype. I know Lightsum and Purple kiss are from CUBE and RBW but its obvious idle and mamamoo are bigger than their labels. 2 each group wasn't able to capitalize and be known for a sound which I don't think its their fault as that comes down to luck but at this point there's already groups more popular who do what they do.

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!