| POLL | G IDLE being under Cube

• Good or Bad? 12

1. Good (6) 50%
    2. Bad (6) 50%

Is it good or bad thing? Imo Cube gives freedom for Soyeon and other members and supports them, so it is not necessarily bad to be under Cube. I just saw twit that wishes Idle leave Cube but i don't agree. What do you think?

Edited once, last by NIKKIEF ().

• Bad, yesterday Soyeon told us that when they get 1th place, they told cube to not send any gifts, or meals for them. They didnt even want any celebration party from them. Looks like their relationship is over. They are just letting idle to create everything, give money for mvs etc etc and finish.

Tomboy era, they only had 6 music shows and 2 radio shows :))

At this point, they should move from the company

• Bad... and I say that in the sense of their management. Even if I ignore the Soojin situation and how that was handled, I feel like they don't step in and manage the group. Soyeon's English rap was the perfect example of bad management. CUBE clearly heard the song before it was released and gave her the green light. No one on their team was like, "Uhh wait a sec.. the English lyrics may need to be double checked for accuracy" or even "Why did you decide to rap in English when your Korean pronunciation, flow, [insert metric here] is so much better?"

Shuhua hardly having lines, the confusion about Miyeon and Minnie being the main vocalist (and yes, I know that Miyeon is the main vocal but usually the main vocal sings most of the lines... she does not ), etc. Either the in-house production and language teams are just not there or CUBE doesn't care, both of which are bad management choices.

• Bad... and I say that in the sense of their management. Even if I ignore the Soojin situation and how that was handled, I feel like they don't step in and manage the group. Soyeon's English rap was the perfect example of bad management. CUBE clearly heard the song before it was released and gave her the green light. No one on their team was like, "Uhh wait a sec.. the English lyrics may need to be double checked for accuracy" or even "Why did you decide to rap in English when your Korean pronunciation, flow, [insert metric here] is so much better?"

Shuhua hardly having lines, the confusion about Miyeon and Minnie being the main vocalist (and yes, I know that Miyeon is the main vocal but usually the main vocal sings most of the lines... she does not ), etc. Either the in-house production and language teams are just not there or CUBE doesn't care, both of which are bad management choices.

So let me get this straight. (I’ll also leave out the Soojin situation) You think it’s worth switching agency because it’s confusing who the main vocal is and one of the members wrote a cringey rap. Are you sure you’re not overreacting maybe a little

Shuhua not having any lines is sad but with her being the weakest vocalist in the group, not fluent in Korean and often getting criticised for her stage presence she would not get a lot of lines under any agency (and isn’t it Soyeon who divides the lines anyways). And didn’t Shuhua get an okay number of lines in Tomboy?

• So let me get this straight. (I’ll also leave out the Soojin situation) You think it’s worth switching agency because it’s confusing who the main vocal is and one of the members wrote a cringey rap. Are you sure you’re not overreacting maybe a little

Shuhua not having any lines is sad but with her being the weakest vocalist in the group, not fluent in Korean and often getting criticised for her stage presence she would not get a lot of lines under any agency (and isn’t it Soyeon who divides the lines anyways). And didn’t Shuhua get an okay number of lines in Tomboy?

Nowhere in my post did I say that they need to switch agencies. I said CUBE is bad at management.

Prior to this comeback, one of the biggest complaints that people have had is regarding Shuhua's lack of lines. I am not saying that there wasn't a reason behind her lacking lines but what I am saying is that it wasn't addressed by CUBE. Soyeon's rap is just the most recent example. All you have to do is look at how CUBE managed CLC and it's obvious that they are shit at managing.

• Nowhere in my post did I say that they need to switch agencies. I said CUBE is bad at management.

Prior to this comeback, one of the biggest complaints that people have had is regarding Shuhua's lack of lines. I am not saying that there wasn't a reason behind her lacking lines but what I am saying is that it wasn't addressed by CUBE. Soyeon's rap is just the most recent example. All you have to do is look at how CUBE managed CLC and it's obvious that they are shit at managing.

Cube is far from perfect, we’ve seen them screw over groups before, but is there any better agency that they can transfer to.

Sorry. OP mentioned people wanting Gidle to leave Cube so I assumed that’s what you were talking about. If you were just talking about ways Cube could get better at managing them then I’m onboard again. I agree with the things you said they just weren’t worth leaving the agency for. None of them were that big of a deal imo

• Overall I think Cube has done right by the group. They've given them creative freedom and a great deal of financial support. Of course, it's in their best interest to do that but at least they recognize it. Soyeon has many times through different interviews thanked the company for their support. Different people are just coming up with their own interpretation of what Soyeon meant with her recent comments.

I think Cube is blamed for a lot of things out of their control. Soojin's situation couldn't be avoided and handled differently without further detriment of the group. The group not getting as many variety appearances can be due to Covid, a packed schedule, or shows just not inviting them. Shuhua's lack of lines is due to her poor vocals and they can't come out and just called her out on that. Still, the company can do a lot better by the group.

I do think if the group was to leave Cube, they wouldn't have a problem finding success with another company. They've proven with their sales and charting they're worth picking up and spending money on. They're Cube's breadwinners. It wouldn't even surprise me if a group of investors was to invest in Soyeon to start her own agency. Look at how she's shepherd Idle and mentored the talent on her team from My Teenage Girl to debuting. She's praised throughout the industry and seems to know what it takes to be successful.

Edited 2 times, last by hokiedood ().

• Tbh its not garanteed that without cube gidle would be where they are today even if they had soyeon. So im sure cube is trying their best

I think GIdle could be successful under another "average" company too, maybe not better but kinda same imo

Nowhere in my post did I say that they need to switch agencies. I said CUBE is bad at management.

CLC didn't have "it", i think Cube did a lot for them. Other companies would have disbanded them eairlier if they had a group that does not make profit but loss like CLC

Overall I think Cube has done right by the group. They've given them creative freedom and a great deal of financial support. Of course, it's in their best interest to do that but at least they recognize it. Soyeon has many times through different interviews thanked the company for their support. Different people are just coming up with their own interpretation of what Soyeon meant with her recent comments.

I think Cube is blamed for a lot of things out of their control. Soojin's situation couldn't be avoided and handled differently without further detriment of the group. The group not getting as many variety appearances can be due to Covid, a packed schedule, or shows just not inviting them. Shuhua's lack of lines is due to her poor vocals and they can't come out and just called her out on that. Still, the company can do a lot better by the group.

I do think if the group was to leave Cube, they wouldn't have a problem finding success with another company. They've proven with their sales and charting they're worth picking up and spending money on. They're Cube's breadwinners. It wouldn't even surprise me if a group of investors was to invest in Soyeon to start her own agency. Look at how she's shepherd Idle and mentored the talent on her team from My Teenage Girl to debuting. She's praised throughout the industry and seems to know what it takes to be successful.

Yes definitely agree with your points, the only thing i cannot forgive Cube is they could have handled Soyeons plariagism controversy much better

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!