(G)I-DLE Soojin after school violence was revealed, we need to stay neutral (INTERVIEW) (from pannchoa)

• (I don't have any opinion on this, since I haven't paid attention to the scandal surrounding Soojin and Seo Shin-ae, the Korean comments to this are very negative towards the article)

note: This isn't copy-pasted, btw, you're unable to do that, so I sacrificed 20 minutes doing this.

1 October 2021

The controversy over school violence that heated up the entertainment industry earlier this year. Many idols and actors were exposed, and some dropped out of their work or stopped midway. Most of them claimed that the exposes were false, but the power of public opinion was strong.

Even before the police investigations' results came out, the victims and perpetrators were defined, and celebrities caught up in the allegations of school violence had to face a merciless public trial. Soojin of the group (G)I-dle also sparked a controversy over school violance on February this year.

A, who claims that her younger brother was bullied by Soojin in middle school, posted on an internet community, and additional testimony about damages perpetrated b Soojin spread quickly across social media. Soojin stated that she never unilaterally harassed A's younger brother, but with A's additional testimonies and the statement of her classmate, actress Seo Shin-ae, Soojin was branded as a perpetrator of violence. She officially left the group. Although the related investigation is still under way and the results have not been released, the decision was made with the belief that there was no further damage to the group (G)I-dle.

(Cut)

Accusations, whether true or not, have a tremendous impact.Shocking accusations leave a strong impact and cloud jugdement. Even if the facts are not clear, instead of maintaining neutrality, people join with the side of the informant.

However, as a result of the series of incidents, the public realised how dangerous it is to believe one-sided accusations.

(Article then talks about the Jimin and Mina incident and how the tides changed after their text messages were revealed)

It is not that Soojin is completely innocent or the exposer has spread false information. However, before the results of the police investigation come out, one should not make the mistake of pushing the other to the point of exile with one-sided accusations. Rather than accepting all information as it is, critically accepting it is the most important point.

1. Are you Soojin's friend?

2. What are they saying? She shamelessly asked the victims to release their statement. She's the one who's messed up while trying to get into a fight with them

3. Do they really think that AOA and her are the same case? kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

4. Did they really write an article about this?

5. Is this a Soojin akgae? Screw off

6. Just apologise to Seo Shin-ae instead.. this is ridiculous

7. Bullsh*t kkkk she was taking shots at Seo Shin-ae but it backfired so she disappeared and withdrew

8. Why aren't you writing an article like this for the victims?

9. Take Stray Kids' Hyunjin with you and leav

10. Basically, she went to the victims and said "yah, did I ever torment you? Say something" and the victims were like "yeah you did" and she withdrew...

11. CUBE-yah, aren't you guys sorry towards Seo Shinae?

12. They are slowly starting to media play again

13. April did the same thing and her fans are comparing her case to AOA to divert the topic.. wow...

14. Is this a preview for her solo activities?

15. Huh? But the journalist isn't being neutral though?

• I was talking about netizens and how they just can't stay neutral. Sad.

I was thinking if she did something really bad for everyone to turn against her like that, and I thought maybe the article writer was doing it for media play, since it's unusual for people to act like that to people with no reason.

• I realize now that the translated Korean comments and the English ones are actually coming from the same cesspool of rancid filth. It seems some koreab00s are really desperate to emulate the worst breed of knetz.

also there's a source link but I'm not sure if it works

I thought that the koreab--s were actually writing or mistranslating the comments lmao

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!