Is Dem Jointz (Step Back, Tank) the best producer in Kpop right now? Do you want your group to work with him?

• His beats are very intricate and catchy. It’s experimental but still feels coherent. Do you want your groups to work with him?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I dont see how he is the best producer now, most of the songs that you singled out have a mixed reception, and only step back charted high. BEP is a better candidate, considering StayC rise

• I dont see how he is the best producer now, most of the songs that you singled out have a mixed reception, and only step back charted high. BEP is a better candidate, considering StayC rise

But I’m not talking about charts. His song may be experimental but they still gets talked about and pushes the boundaries of Kpop, where Bep songs may do well but I don’t see how it’s giving any fresh perspective on music.

• But I’m not talking about charts. His song may be experimental but they still gets talked about and pushes the boundaries of Kpop, where Bep songs may do well but I don’t see how it’s giving any fresh perspective on music.

Controversial =/= Best. How I said, his common reception is mixed, maybe controversial or not, doesn't translate in people liking his songs enough or success, which are decisive factors in calling a producer the best.

• I don't think most K-Pop songwriters know how to approach his Hip-Hop/Rap production side effectively..at least the ones who have written over his Rap-centric tracks so far (i.e. many SM tracks and "freaky fishy" compared to a more effective hook like "Lalisa"). That's not Dem Jointz's fault. His R&B production style is easier to approach though.

• The best producer in Kpop is whoever did Cherry Bullet's latest album. Two SOTY contenders right there.

As for Dem Jointz, both Tank and Step Back are at least unique and interesting. They're actually let down by the vocals (mispronouncing "freshy" as "frishy", making poor Wendy and others scream to hit notes). But their instrumentals and arrangements are very catchy.

• My faves already have. I love his experimental side certainly, but I like the way he tailors the approach to fit the group (less experimental for EXO, more so for NCT 127) as well as his ability to put together a really well made R&B song too.

More traditional for RV and Taeyeon

External Content open.spotify.com

Slightly outside the box for EXO and SHINee:

All in for NCT 127:

I'm really curious to see what he'll do with NCT Dream's tt - I think it will be somewhere between EXO and NCT 127 (maybe like SHINee level?)

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• only with 127 and some other SM projects

but tank was pretty good so idk

:nct6:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!