SinB Reveals She Didn’t Know “MAGO” Would Be GFRIEND’s Final Round Of Promotions + Talks About Possibility Of Reunion

• On the latest episode of “SCAN VIVIZ,” SinB spoke candidly about GFRIEND’s disbandment and confessed that she hadn’t known their 2020 release "Mago" would mark their final round of promotions together.

SinB regretfully explained that because she’d been depressed for a long time before their “MAGO” promotions—and because she hadn’t known they would be GFRIEND’s final promotions as a group—she hadn’t been as motivated as she would have liked during those activities.

“I think it started around our "Fever" promotions,” said SinB. “From then on, I hated watching myself perform. I used to really love watching fancams of myself, but starting around then, I stopped wanting to watch them, and I hated [the way I looked] in them. Because I wasn’t satisfied with [my own performances]. So starting from then on, I gradually began to lose motivation.”

She continued, “That feeling of depression lasted a really long time. The depression lasted through our final round of promotions [as GFRIEND], so to be honest, my motivation had really dropped before our [‘MAGO’] promotions. Because I didn’t know that they would be our final promotions [as a group]. So I went through the promotions feeling really unmotivated, because of my depression, and looking back on it now, I find myself thinking, ‘Why did I wrap up those promotions without any motivation?’ I think that might be the reason I’m burning with motivation now, the reason I’m even more motivated and determined to work hard.”

SinB went on to recall that GFRIEND had gone through a really tough time before the official announcement of their disbandment, sharing, “We didn’t know how to tell our fans, ‘We won’t be [promoting as a group] anymore. GFRIEND won’t be renewing our contracts.’ We weren’t allowed to tell the fans first before [the company’s announcement]. So if you watch our V Live broadcasts from about a month before the news [of our disbandment] broke, the members will suddenly start crying in the middle. There are clips of the members crying while watching videos of the fans cheering us on.”

“We cried so much beforehand that I thought we wouldn’t cry on the day the news articles [about our disbandment] were published, since we’d already cried so much,” she continued. “But we lived in two dorms with three members each, and I lived with Sowon and Eunha. And when we all saw the news in the morning, we all came out of our rooms crying at the same time, with tears running down our faces. Even though I’d thought we wouldn’t cry.

“Last year, we didn’t show it in front of our fans, and we didn’t show it during broadcasts, but it was a really, really tough year for all of us. I never imagined that I could cry so much during one year. I feel like I cried enough tears for an entire lifetime last year.”

However, SinB emphasized that she firmly believes GFRIEND will reunite someday, noting that VIVIZ had chosen not to pick a leader for the group because they still consider Sowon their leader.

“Honestly, I believe that GFRIEND will get back together again one day to release an album or do something as a group,” she said. “So we decided amongst ourselves, ‘We don’t need more than one leader: Sowon is enough. So let’s not pick a leader.’ And we didn’t choose a new leader. We left the spot of leader open for her.”

“I personally think we’ll only be apart for a short time,” SinB went on. “I think if we work hard and do a good job with our promotions [as VIVIZ], and each member hones her skills on her own, and then we reunite afterwards, that would look really cool too.”

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/kpop/…didnt_know_mago_would_be/

and

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The important thing about that interview was knowing that his depression began after Fever, that is, just when Source Music was acquired by Big Hit now called Hybe, it is also strange that despite the fact that it was known that the contract was going to end, the Source staff programmed schedules for that week that were deleted after the article was published on AsiaTen and then confirmed on Weverse, it is as if the Source staff did not know the date.

Then we must emphasize what SinB says and has already said in the past Umji and Sowon and Yerin also confirmed "Gfriend is going to return" which implies that they must be waiting for the trademark right claim to be resolved.

• So much for the "they probably didn't want to stay together" narrative. :suure:

I really feel for SinB because I know that that probably pushed her even farther into a depression. Their disbandment has to be one of the most poorly handled I've seen. I'm also really glad that all the members still speak so wonderfully of each and talk of reunion.

• The important thing about that interview was knowing that his depression began after Fever, that is, just when Source Music was acquired by Big Hit now called Hybe, it is also strange that despite the fact that it was known that the contract was going to end, the Source staff programmed schedules for that week that were deleted after the article was published on AsiaTen and then confirmed on Weverse, it is as if the Source staff did not know the date.

Then we must emphasize what SinB says and has already said in the past Umji and Sowon and Yerin also confirmed "Gfriend is going to return" which implies that they must be waiting for the trademark right claim to be resolved.

Hmm she mentions her depression was personal about not being able to look at herself, nothing to do with the acquisition - she couldn't even watch fancams of herself - it sounds alot deeper with personal issues than the "Hybe's fault" connection you are trying to make...

Also of course promotions would have still been scheduled by Source to give appearances that they were still doing them because as she said, they knew atleast a month before so it wasn't as sudden as people try to claim. They waited for the official announcement to cancel so it appears sudden to those who don't know. If they cancelled before folks would wonder whats up.

Sounds like mentally they could have been all over the place and the break as gfrend might give back the motivation that she lost. Hopefully they can come back rejuvenated and stronger together later..

• Wow, this is actually really sad... Wow, I'm really sad! GFriend didn't deserve such an end!! I hope they can reunite again and I'll be here for them! In my early kpop years their songs brought me happiness so i wish them just good things! I love how they didn't choose a leader in respect of their leader!! Truly admirable!!

• Hmm she mentions her depression was personal about not being able to look at herself, nothing to do with the acquisition - she couldn't even watch fancams of herself - it sounds alot deeper with personal issues than the "Hybe's fault" connection you are trying to make...

Also of course promotions would have still been scheduled by Source to give appearances that they were still doing them because as she said, they knew atleast a month before so it wasn't as sudden as people try to claim. They waited for the official announcement to cancel so it appears sudden to those who don't know. If they cancelled before folks would wonder whats up.

Sounds like mentally they could have been all over the place and the break as gfrend might give back the motivation that she lost. Hopefully they can come back rejuvenated and stronger together later..

Mentioning that it was after Fever, is a clear indicator that he was unhappy with the acquisition. Interpret it however you want, however being on Hybe only brought tears and suffering to Gfriend and his fans.

The schedule canceled by Source consisted of a Video that was later leaked by the staff, it was edited and uploaded but it was not made public, if it was really just a strategy to update the schedule they worked hard editing a video that never came out.
    The most likely thing is that if they return, the only thing that worries is the trademark that is being claimed by Source Music, hopefully KIPRIS will deny it as in the T-Ara case.

• Mentioning that it was after Fever, is a clear indicator that he was unhappy with the acquisition. Interpret it however you want, however being on Hybe only brought tears and suffering to Gfriend and his fans.

The schedule canceled by Source consisted of a Video that was later leaked by the staff, it was edited and uploaded but it was not made public, if it was really just a strategy to update the schedule they worked hard editing a video that never came out.
    The most likely thing is that if they return, the only thing that worries is the trademark that is being claimed by Source Music, hopefully KIPRIS will deny it as in the T-Ara case.

Ok I give up, I see you have a clear narrative that it's completely because of the acquisition and there are absolutely no other factors that could have possibly contributed despite what one member clearly said. Who knows how others may have been feeling mentally.

But yes that doesn't matter - They were all super happy and evrything was great and out of nowhere HYBE hit em with a hammer and said you're done. Disband now. Okie doke. :thumbup:

The only ones hit with a hammer were understandably the fans as SOURCE their actual label didn't handle this well at all.

• Ok I give up, I see you have a clear narrative that it's completely because of the acquisition and there are absolutely no other factors that could have possibly contributed despite what one member clearly said. Who knows how others may have been feeling mentally.

But yes that doesn't matter - They were all super happy and evrything was great and out of nowhere HYBE hit em with a hammer and said you're done. Disband now. Okie doke. :thumbup:

The only ones hit with a hammer were understandably the fans as SOURCE their actual label didn't handle this well at all.

Let's face it, Big Hit's acquisition of Source Music didn't bring any good to Gfriend, and now SinB even says her mental state wasn't good either.

It is no narrative to say that Hybe is the worst thing that could happen to Gfriend.

• Let's face it, Big Hit's acquisition of Source Music didn't bring any good to Gfriend, and now SinB even says her mental state wasn't good either.

It is no narrative to say that Hybe is the worst thing that could happen to Gfriend.

?( I would dissect this but I wont. Absolutely no point whatsoever because the tunnel vision is real.

Anyway on main topic I really hope they come back together as their bond seems so pure and I hope this new group helps SinB to get her confidence and motivation back, defo rooting for these girls.

• So much for the "they probably didn't want to stay together" narrative. :suure:

I really feel for SinB because I know that that probably pushed her even farther into a depression. Their disbandment has to be one of the most poorly handled I've seen. I'm also really glad that all the members still speak so wonderfully of each and talk of reunion.

Probably right, I my self am guilty of wondering if they was some issues between the members.

It seems they just did not want to resign with Hybe/Source anymore.

• Wait so I'm confused why they even disbanded in the first place..

Hybe dumped them for some inexplicable reason. :rolleyes: Could have something to do with Hybe wanting to grab Izone members for Source Music, Chaewon, Sakura and Minju.

The timing was very coincidental. Disbandment happened in May of 2021 after Izone disbanded, then we start hearing members of Izone being courted by Hybe in the summer.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!