• The finale just ended and here are the chosen members:

1. Won Jimin (2nd grade) 243,302.4

2. Kim Seonyou (1st grade) 241,179.9

3. Myung Hyungseo (4th grade) 217,370.0

4. Hong Hyeju (4th grade) 210,647.9

5. Kim Riwon (2nd grade) 209,053.9

6. Park Boeun (1st grade) 201,684.4

7. Yoon Chaewon (4th grade) 198,915.5

This line-up is not without surprises. The big one is, Kim Yooyeon didn't make it; she ultimately ranked #8. She could have made it if her team won the last battle during the finale.

Another big surprise is Hong Hyeju; this girl went unnoticed for most of the show and could even have been eliminated had she not won her 1v1 contest in the previous episode.

Also worth noticing: no 3rd graders in the final group. It's crazy that Kim Hyunhee didn't make it considering she ranked #1 at some point. But she went down the rankings gradually, and the other 3rd graders as well.

The show really built a lot of tension to announce the last qualified contestant; it was either Chaewon or Yooyeon but fortunately Chaewon was the final member. The other way would have been a travesty.

Final rankings of the eliminated contestants:

8. Kim Yooyeon (4th grade) 181,442.3

9. Lee Youngchae (2nd grade) 164,287.6

10. Lee Mihee (4th grade) 160,199.3

11. Kim Hyunhee (3rd grade) 148,918.6

12. Kim Yunseo (3rd grade) 146,454.9

13. Minami (2nd grade) 87,871.3

14. Choi Yoonjung (3rd grade) 21,818.7

Yoonjung's score is abysmal. Minami's is barely any better which surprises me a lot because she's really charming. Did she suffer from a bias against her because she's Japanese? Weird.

• Hyunhee is Yurina of My Teenage Girl...

from ranking #1 to being totally out of places even close to debut line-up (50k points difference)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hyunhee is Yurina of My Teenage Girl...

from ranking #1 to being totally out of places even close to debut line-up (50k points difference)

Yeah I saw people who made the same kind of comments in the live chat but I didn't follow GP999 so I'm not familiar with everything that went on.

For sure I'll keep an eye on some contestants who didn't make it, Hyunhee included. Especially since this final line-up is a bit underwhelming. The girls are good but I don't know; too many kids maybe.

• glad that jimin, hyungseo, and hyeju get in, they are really talented. Surprised yooyeon didn't, what's the calculation for this points?

I don't know for sure. If I'm not mistaken, they took into account both the last online rankings and the team score the contestants got during the finale. The provisional debut group (Chaewon, Boeun, Yooyeon, Minami, Hyungseo, Hyeju and Yoonjung) lost the battle against their opponents, and the score gap was quite high: 360 vs 479. So this score really took a toll on the losers' individual scores. I think that explains why Yooyeon slided off the top 7 (this, plus the poor performance she had and poor review she received in the previous episode), and why Jimin's and Seonyou's scores are so high.

• I don't know how I feel about this final lineup just yet

Minami was my favorite of those left, but I knew she couldn't make it in without some serious rigging so if she did make it in it would ironically make me less compelled to support knowing it was rigged

I really hope Minami gets picked up by a company looking to debut a group, I think she is a star in the making

Looking at the actual LIneup it feels a little too Young looking for me, Bouen, Riwon, Seonyou all look 13 to me, Jimin atleast doesn't look like a kid but I think that age discrepancy between the Kids and the Adults will make it difficult having a concept that works for all, I fear the older Girls will be overshadowed by an overly Cute concept that much more fits the younger Girls

• I really hope Minami gets picked up by a company looking to debut a group, I think she is a star in the making

I think most if not all the finalists have a good shot at debuting in the near future. They showed what they were capable of and got a lot of exposure from making it to the finals.

Surprisingly I think the contestant who might be the least likely to keep on pursuing an idol career is Yooyeon. I mean, the show made her understood how much she lacked to be a competent performer. And she can't afford to spend to much time as a trainee as it would make her "too old" to debut. Yeah, she could be picked by a smaller agency trying to capitalize on her MTG fame but I'm not even sure it would be a good deal.

For fans of Youngchae, she could debut quite soon. Right after the show she was officially announced as a JXENM trainee (I don't know who they are, they look quite nugu).

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Update: Looks like all participants have or will make a debut.

GGdZXg1WUAAR4QV?format=jpg&name=large

• kyaaa when r they debuting?!!!1

Class:y early in 2022.

Lightlight in 2023.

TripleS at the end of 2023.

MimiiRose also in 2023.

Rescene and CandyShop sometime in 2024.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!