People say "it could've been anyone" with their success

But looking back on it

There were moments where BTS were so obviously different

that you think it just HAD to have been them

What are these moments ?

For example :

2014 KCON LA

Eric Nam said it himself "BTS stole the show"

Some concert goers shared that they had the loudest cheers and more fans in the US than was expected

and they were still rookies.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

One comment said "You really captured the energy of the event. I found BTS in particular could generate excitement and crowd noise that approached Beatlemania levels."

and they were right

:pepe-notes:

Or this one

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The stylist said they will NOT look remotely close to other groups and dropped a rainbow on their clothes

Then the boys chose chaos

:peperun:

anyway ARMY this is your moment to shine

Drop more moments down below

:pepe-excited:

I wish to end this winter, how much longing must fall like snow before that spring day arrives?Spring Day

160837-for-gif

• This one.

External Content www.youtube.com

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• People say "it could've been anyone" with their success

But looking back on it

There were moments where BTS were so obviously different

that you think it just HAD to have been them

true :yesr:

Drop more moments down below

:pepe-excited:

there are probably too many, but the first thing that comes to my mind rn is this idol performance, I just think it was legendary and I can't imagine any other group/artist pulling it off the same way

in general, I totally agree about bts standing out. stage presence aside, their voices, their music, their concepts, their personalities .... everything about them is so special, they deserve all the success they have and more :pleading:

• External Content www.youtube.com

:lover1::lover1::lover1:

• This one.

I think for so many stans, this is one of their favourite ever BTS moments - them being ignored by the commentators even though they were in second, and them storming past by such an enormous lead… it’s just such a satisfying allegory for their musical career.

• For me, MAMA 2017 Hong Kong is the ultimate one because it changed me from GP to ARMY even though I watched other kpop groups performed and BTS was not the final act/head liner. Their energy was so fascinating and different from the others for me

• THIS.

• Them performing Baepsae! :ragec: Nuff said!!!

• Stan attractor... This is where my sister first noticed them - New Year' Rockin Eve

She doesn't really watch award shows, but like millions of Americans, she turns on Dick Clark every New Year's Eve!

• This one.

The way this was the perfect foreshadowing

• The moment that turned me into an ARMY: when they performed DNA on the AMAs. The most basic stage ever, confusingly bright outfits, and muggles like myself at the time figured they were lip syncing.

And yet they were the act that not only was (one of) the most entertaining/interesting that evening but they also grabbed both the news coverage and the attention of a new wave of ARMY (including yours truly) who had never thought of listening to anything kpop and most of us didn't even know what a kpop was.

All of us have said some variation of, "I don't know, there was just something about them. I just wanted to know their names." And it's true, there was something magnetic about them on the stage that night. If I'd known the phrase at the time, I would've said they were dancing like the rent was due and they'd got an eviction notice for the next day.

And I just wanted to know Yoongi's name and then I thought well I should see who else is in the group...

• There is so much I want to say after having observed the industry and Kpop community but will refrain to be politically correct and diplomatic.

There is no one like BTS and that is why they are the only ones who broke through and reached the position they did. It is a bitter pill for many to swallow so they make excuses and try to pin it on other extraneous things than BTS themselves.

The ones who are negatively biased against them and try to claim BTS are just like the rest and its marketing or fanservice or push that made them blow up while their own faves did not blow up cause their faves did not have the same, are just being wilfuly blind.

BTS are a complete package, I have not seen so much talent, charisma, passion and ambition in another Kpop group. They were destined to be one of the legends in the music industry and the greatest ever Korean musicians.

Edited once, last by paradis ().

• You cannot go from where BTS came to where they are now if you're not as special and unique as them. They are different from everything that came before that's why they are THE ONE.

• Stan attractor... This is where my sister first noticed them - New Year' Rockin Eve

She doesn't really watch award shows, but like millions of Americans, she turns on Dick Clark every New Year's Eve!

I love this performance. So fun. I kept replaying it even tho I wasn't that familiar with them back then.

They're just radiating with happiness while performing. :danceb:

• You cannot go from where BTS came to where they are now if you're not as special and unique as them. They are different from everything that came before that's why they are THE ONE.

Absolutely, its also one of the reasons why no one can do what they do as good as them. Just look at the songs BTS cover and make it their own while look at their songs being covered by others. Be it dark concept, light concept, heck any genre, they are just such consummate performers that they elevate every single moment they are on stage to a glorious event.

I will share some standout performances of BTS here in some time to just highlight what I mean alongwith member solo works to establish why BTS are a cut above the rest and possess both critical acclaim and massive commercial success.

Edited once, last by paradis ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!