HOLY SMOKES! If Yena Doesn't Blow TF Up I'm Gonna Quit (DANCE TEASER!!!)

• HOLY SMOKES! If Yena Doesn't Blow TF Up I'm Gonna Quit

Friends I don't think I've ever been as excited about a solo debut ever.....

Look at this. Am I..... Being crazy for being so excited about this?

But it just seems like way different than anything I've seen in forever in kpop.

And just god damn perfect for someone like Yena.

This sounds amazing. Looks amazing. It looks new and fresh and with energy.

I'm breaking all kinds of rules getting this hyped over a teaser but goddamnit I can't help it.

I've just watched this literally a few seconds ago and I have the stupidest grin on...

Like a chump.

Just sitting here smiling.

^^

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• emanresu

Changed the title of the thread from “HOLY SMOKES! If Yena Doesn't Blow TF Up I'm Gonna Quit” to “HOLY SMOKES! If Yena Doesn't Blow TF Up I'm Gonna Quit (DANCE TEASER!!!)”.
  • I am praying for mah girl. She has the killing parts in so many Izone songs like Rumor, LVER, and Panorama. And her fanservice content is second to none, she is HILARIOUS and a natural in front of the camera.

This song is giving me such perfect pop-rock vibes. Kpop and electric guitars are perfect together. Knowing shitty Korean GP taste, this might not chart, but i hope at the very least, it sells as well as Yuri and Eunbi's releases.

Also, Yuehua needs a win, theyve got talented idols and great music but they cant catch a break in Korea.

• Just made a whole thread after seeing that teaser.

Trust me, you are NOT overreacting. I felt the exact same way.

Seems like KPOP has been missing something, and I did not even realize until after watching that teaser.

This is like grade A teenpop. Of a kind you rarely see in KPOP. It's the PERFECT mix of cute and somewhat girl crush.

I compared Yena to the Powerpuff girls, and I think that is a spot on comparison. I also like the rock elements. So many songs lean more into hip hop these days, so the pop-rock anthem feels is SO refreshing. If her verses are half as good as the chorus, I think we have a hit here.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Yena's voice always make me feel happy. I love everything about this album, somebody need to remind me to preorder the album already <3

The concept too looks amazing, superhero Yena to save the world ;( , also Bibi's appearence at the end :pepe-comfy:

Her voice is perfect! And I'm so excited for this song.

She really makes people smile this is just the perfect concept!

Oh that's BIBI? I didn't know who that was? She's gonna be featured in the song?

• I am praying for mah girl. She has the killing parts in so many Izone songs like Rumor, LVER, and Panorama. And her fanservice content is second to none, she is HILARIOUS and a natural in front of the camera.

This song is giving me such perfect pop-rock vibes. Kpop and electric guitars are perfect together. Knowing shitty Korean GP taste, this might not chart, but i hope at the very least, it sells as well as Yuri and Eunbi's releases.

Also, Yuehua needs a win, theyve got talented idols and great music but they cant catch a break in Korea.

Like, I would be okay if K-netz slept on it because it's just not their taste, but I'd hate it if Yuehua was the reason Yena couldn't reach her full potential. Especially with as good as they have been to her.

It would be great if she charted in the Melon top 100, but I am not going to hold my breath after the other IZ*ONE solo drops. If she can sell 50k-75k, I'll be more than satisfied.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Her voice is perfect! And I'm so excited for this song.

She really makes people smile this is just the perfect concept!

Oh that's BIBI? I didn't know who that was? She's gonna be featured in the song?

She is! I think they met in the Girls mystery class show (I have to be honest that show has a lot of names) :eyes:

526d260695f1e6be7fc576a759a81ce9eccaa866.gifv8f41e2de19fd3e53503e1f9bbaecb661064e5000.gifv0a61d4ea7129206fb3db97ab12f606316444f603.gifv

I'm throwing you away for keeping me locked up

• YEEEESSSSS!

I didn't see your thread! I will go make some noise in it lol.

Oh my I'm excited.

This is so fresh and I'm loving the pop rock/punkish elements. With the right amount of fun cuteness.

It's just right for Yena.

The back of my mind is telling me not to get so dang hyped as teasers can be misleading.

But oh man. I'm pumped right there with you.

She's got such infectious star power. I hope it can overcome any pushback from her being from a Chinese company.

She d deserves the world and this looks like it's gonna be amazing.

Edit:. And for sure the pop rock vibe is so welcome in kpop.

• Teaser looks so promising, excited so see what she has to show :froghype:

• gotta admit, I had a lot of preconceptions about her solo debut. No offense to Yuri or Eunbi, but I thought Yena would also debut with a lackluster song that would fail to capture the general public (or casual listeners) outside of Wiz*Ones and would eventually decline.

But after watching Yena's teaser earlier today I was actually pleasantly surprised. I wasn't anticipating her before, but I definitely am now.

As we've seen with Chungha, sometimes it's the most unexpected ones that end up blowing up.

• So how long do I have to wait for the Song of the Year to drop?

It says under the video that the Album release is the 17th

DO I REALLY HAVE TO WAIT 5 WHOLE DAYS?

THATS LIKE NEARLY A WHOLE WEEK OR SUMTHIN

ARRGH YOUR KILLING ME YENA

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!