Do you think CO-ED groups would be more common/successful if Big3 & Hybe adopt this concept?

• Of course, being part of the Big4 isn't a guarantee for a certain success like we've seen many many times. But if big companies start making co-ed groups, will this be a boost for the concept or will it flop because of the different tastes of the fans and the different standards for male and female idols?

• Hmm well, they probably wouldn't be successful as their purely male/female group counterparts... doesn't mean they'll flop, but even if they were successful, I wouldn't expect them to be as successful as bg/gg

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Co-Ed Groups never really seem to work as good in an Idol Group setting. Maybe a band, but every Co-Ed idol Group ever made failed. I think the only Group that had something you could call success was KARD, but even they went mia now.

I don’t think a Big4 Co-Ed group could change the dislike towards this type of Group constellation. They might be slightly more successful than others but I doubt make it big.

Unfair and preferential treatment of the members by the company and fans, but also heavy shipping of the members will always make it hard for them.

• Hmm I like the idea of co ed groups but the kpop genre is pretty restrictive for them to thrive in. Their concepts will get repetitive because skinship and other fanservice will be put under the lens.

I think a co ed group kinda ruins the bf/gf marketing point. That's usually a prominent part of a groups marketing that companies sometimes put down dating restrictions in contracts. It's sickening and hopefully abolished by now but yeah...

But even within co ed groups I'm sure there is plenty of shipping and fanwars that could hamper the addition of new members or collabs outside the group if fans are too invested in chemistry as a selling point...

Desbundar

• Co-Ed Groups never really seem to work as good in an Idol Group setting. Maybe a band, but every Co-Ed idol Group ever made failed. I think the only Group that had something you could call success was KARD, but even they went mia now.

I don’t think a Big4 Co-Ed group could change the dislike towards this type of Group constellation. They might be slightly more successful than others but I doubt make it big.

Unfair and preferential treatment of the members by the company and fans, but also heavy shipping of the members will always make it hard for them.

Well, the main reason KARD isn't as active now is because J.Seph is enlisted and COVID prevented touring (they are more successful internationally so touring is important). The April scandal might be another reason for them to lay low...

Anyways, these circumstances are kind of beyond their control. It doesn't have to do with them being co-ed. They will start being active again once J.Seph comes back for sure.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

Edited once, last by bunnyviolet ().

• It's very difficult for co-ed groups to thrive simply because the current landscape does not accommodate them whatsoever.

If any company does do it,it will be a huge risk,which I'm sure none of them are willing to take any time soon.

• I think they would solely on the fact that it's an untapped marked. There's countless boy groups and countless girl groups, but for co-ed groups there's...KARD and that's basically it.

Its untapped because historically it hasn't worked out and the groups have failed the only group so far that has succeeded as co ed is kard and even then their success isn't near the same level as a traditional boy/girl group. Other issues can hamper further success from fan unrealistic expectations especially the whole sex appeal bf/gf fantasy to the shipping toxicity among other things. I highly doubt tomorrow if hybe released the BTS of co ed that it will skyrocket into the stratosphere. If these groups right now were seen as the new hotness everyone would have rolled a KARD but i don't see a jyp yg sm hybe KARD yet. Soooo?

• I think a co ed group kinda ruins the bf/gf marketing point. That's usually a prominent part of a groups marketing that companies sometimes put down dating restrictions in contracts. It's sickening and hopefully abolished by now but yeah...

This is actually a great point and I guess a good portion of fanwars can happen exactly because of this. X member stans getting jealous of Y member and vice versa... The civil wars will be a daily routine for them lol

• Its untapped because historically it hasn't worked out and the groups have failed the only group so far that has succeeded as co ed is kard and even then their success isn't near the same level as a traditional boy/girl group. Other issues can hamper further success from fan unrealistic expectations especially the whole sex appeal bf/gf fantasy to the shipping toxicity among other things. I highly doubt tomorrow if hybe released the BTS of co ed that it will skyrocket into the stratosphere. If these groups right now were seen as the new hotness everyone would have rolled a KARD but i don't see a jyp yg sm hybe KARD yet. Soooo?

But what serious attempts have been made beyond KARD? Co-ed School is the only one I can think of and they were under MBK so of course they f*cked it up. There has never been a co-ed group under a big 3 company (other than AKMU and hey they're successful, but I get that they're a duo of siblings so that's different).

Also you're wrong because historically co-ed groups were actually super popular among the first gen.

Also SSAK3 a co-ed group got a perfect all-kill last year and had one of the biggest summer hits in Korea. I get that they are all icons in that group, but if Korea was so adamantly anti-coed like you claim, they wouldn't have been able to be successful. SSAK3 proved that it CAN happen even today.

Finally "unrealistic expectations especially the whole sex appeal bf/gf fantasy to the shipping toxicity among other things" literally that already happens among boy groups and girl groups. So it's not like it would be a new problem.

• Op I think you might like this! If you haven't watched this already....

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Desbundar

• ss isn't even comparable its a group of legendary icons of the country of course they will be loved. Now try this again with a group of unknown nugu people and see if that pans out again. Rain and jaesuk can literally win by just breathing alone 😂 that's how good they are

• Op I think you might like this! If you haven't watched this already....

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i haven't but I'm going to check it out. thank you!

• Co-ed groups hardly have ever worked anywhere. M.. so no.

Maybe able to get a hit here or there but I do t see longevity.

Koyote says hi. Debuted in 1998 and still releasing music in 2021

External Content www.youtube.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!