Random question, how come 'ant waists' arent as common in western celebrities as they are in kpop?

• i mean they aren't super common in kpop idols either??? the majority of kpop idols are "square shaped" or don't have super defined waists because all bodies are different and not everyone is going to have the bone structure to have a smaller waist.

and ultimately it is just bone structure. the more space you have between your ribs and your hip bones, the more likely it is that you'll have an "ant waist"

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• because everyone is different. there are for sure some women in american media who have similar ant waist bodies, but it's a very uncommon body shape tbh.

Let me rephrase my question around your amswer beacuse my original wording appears to be a bit confusing. How come ant waist bodies are so uncommon in western media but common in korean media?

• Let me rephrase my question around your amswer beacuse my original wording appears to be a bit confusing. How come ant waist bodies are so uncommon in western media but common in korean media?

because there's more people in general in western media. unlike kpop, more people come and go i guess... so anyone with that body type in western media may be popular one year but the next she's a nobody..

also possibly western diet leads to more different body shapes.

• Because the west prefers the hourglass silhouette vs just a smaller waist.

• Different places have different beauty standards, now days, people here like that slim thicc body type which means big tits, a fat ass, and a flat stomach, but they're more open to the idea of bigger body types. If a artist is too thin or too big they're gonna face scrutiny tho

• I think western celebs tend to be larger framed in general even if they are very thin

Ant waist surely has been a thing in western high fashion world.

i mean they aren't super common in kpop idols either??? the majority of kpop idols are "square shaped" or don't have super defined waists because all bodies are different and not everyone is going to have the bone structure to have a smaller waist.

and ultimately it is just bone structure. the more space you have between your ribs and your hip bones, the more likely it is that you'll have an "ant waist"

Korean women tend to have small shoulders and less muscle mass thus, smaller waist.

Japanese women tend to have longer torso thus, longer gap between the rib and the hip yet, thicker waist.

• Ant waist surely has been a thing in western high fashion world.

Korean women tend to have small shoulders and less muscle mass thus, smaller waist.

Japanese women tend to have longer torso thus, longer gap between the rib and the hip yet, thicker waist.

Maybe I'm not sure what we're talking about here. Can you show me some western examples of ant waists?

• Maybe I'm not sure what we're talking about here. Can you show me some western examples of ant waists?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ooooh, I was thinking much much smaller. You just mean defined waists. I gotcha now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!