Kep1er is probably going to be one of the most divided fandoms

• What's interesting is that non-Chinese Wiz*Ones never hard divided ourselves into named individual fanbases. Yeah we had a few akgaes at the start but they got segregated and silenced pretty fast. We just called ourselves Wiz*Ones with biases. OT12 was pretty strong and things were pretty peaceful. The fact that Kep1ians are drawing up battle lines and dividing themselves into Hiyyihlights, Youngwondans, etc is actually a little troubling. It might not seem like a big deal now, but it's not gonna help foster unity. Hopefully you guys don't have a rough 2.5 years ahead of you....

• That was the ethos before the strange 'all fan' ideas came forth.

It is just going back to the way it was, which I like since that increases the probability of a big star.

• What's interesting is that non-Chinese Wiz*Ones never hard divided ourselves into named individual fanbases. Yeah we had a few akgaes at the start but they got segregated and silenced pretty fast. We just called ourselves Wiz*Ones with biases. OT12 was pretty strong and things were pretty peaceful. The fact that Kep1ians are drawing up battle lines and dividing themselves into Hiyyihlights, Youngwondans, etc is actually a little troubling. It might not seem like a big deal now, but it's not gonna help foster unity. Hopefully you guys don't have a rough 2.5 years ahead of you....

The only complaints i've seen from the Wizone fandom in general are Hitomi/Nako/Hyewon/Sakura stans complaining about lack of lines and Wonyoung/Sakura stans fighting about who should be the center.

But overall, Wizones were pretty united as far as i could tell. I think you see it in the album sales of every Izone member's solo or group redebuts. 60k, 90k, and 250k sales is pretty damn amazing for four Izone members (Eunbi, Yuri and Ahnyoungz.). Hopefully Yena continues the winning streak. I dont think you see these kinds of numbers with just solo stans of these members, some OT12 fans clearly bought albums.

• The only complaints i've seen from the Wizone fandom in general are Hitomi/Nako/Hyewon/Sakura stans complaining about lack of lines and Wonyoung/Sakura stans fighting about who should be the center.

But overall, Wizones were pretty united as far as i could tell. I think you see it in the album sales of every Izone member's solo or group redebuts. 60k, 90k, and 250k sales is pretty damn amazing for four Izone members (Eunbi, Yuri and Ahnyoungz.). Hopefully Yena continues the winning streak. I dont think you see these kinds of numbers with just solo stans of these members, some OT12 fans clearly bought albums.

We also went through hell with the hiatus. I think that also served to solidify the fandom and quiet some of the individual grumblings. We were just mostly happy we got them back...

:waterr:

• The only complaints i've seen from the Wizone fandom in general are Hitomi/Nako/Hyewon/Sakura stans complaining about lack of lines and Wonyoung/Sakura stans fighting about who should be the center.

did you my friend?

Agreed, I pretty much always observed Wiz*ones as fairly peaceful.

The biggest problem will unfortunately be Hiyyihlights. They are already streaming the hell out of Bahiyyih's fancams to "prove that she is an important member and deserves lines" (just quoting what I have read).

I expected some divide at the beginning, there was with I.O.I, Wanna One and Iz*one, but this is pretty extreme already. 1.2m views for a fancam vs the next closest member at 400k views is insane. All it will do is create more hate towards Bahiyyih when what she really needs is time and practice to fit in and be naturally supported.

• Agreed, I pretty much always observed Wiz*ones as fairly peaceful.

The biggest problem will unfortunately be Hiyyihlights. They are already streaming the hell out of Bahiyyih's fancams to "prove that she is an important member and deserves lines" (just quoting what I have read).

I expected some divide at the beginning, there was with I.O.I, Wanna One and Iz*one, but this is pretty extreme already. 1.2m views for a fancam vs the next closest member at 400k views is insane. All it will do is create more hate towards Bahiyyih when what she really needs is time and practice to fit in and be naturally supported.

I mean with how many 0t8 fans there are what do you expect?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!