How well JYP new boy group do? Xdinary Heroes?

• I wonder if I spend too little time in media social or what but it still make me weird that I didn't heard anything about Jyp new boy group, Xdinary Heroes. I do wish they have better name cuz they sounds like a mobile game 🥲.

Anywhere, I'm questioning how actually Jyp promoting them as they're from the big 3 company, which the media coverage should be better than whatever they have done now. Although I'm not a fans of their debut song, I like and dislike some part of it but I really like their concept which for me really interesting.

• If you compare XH with Day6 I think it might look something like this. I'm comparing them bexause they are both bands from the same company

They might not be able to chart as well as Day6, probably even harder because their sound is not exactly the kind that is popular. It is very K-rock. Youtube views wise, they should do better than Day6. Like their debut MV is at 10mil Youtube views, which is the same as Day6 comeback in early 2021.

Sales wise, I expect them to do better? Maybe not instantly but I do think eventually they will surpass. Day6 arent really doing well with physical sales compared to typical BGs so surpassing Day6 I think will happen eventually.

Internationally Im not sure. I think for Korea Day6 will still be more popular because their sound resonates with the GP more. Like right now even on hiatus Day6 is probably the most beloved band in SK and I think it will be hard to beat that. But internationally they might be able to.

Touring I think they can do as well. Day6 went on 2 World Tours (covid stopped that) and with more songs and albums they should be able to tour with a solid fanbase.

• I hope they do really well. I suspect there's something deliciously subversive about their debut (think - the birthday party is kpop, the idols are clowns :clown: ). Plus it just slaps hard.

But I'm worried they will never be able to live up to such an opening tbh.

• Their sound isn’t appealing to a lot of people. So it will be harder for them to branch out compared to Day6. I feel like they will have it harder than Day6. Promotion wise I think Studio J is doing a good job so far. Day6 debut was overall messy. Not much activities and not a lot people knew they were debuting but they debuted on Melon despite all this lol.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!