Daily Thread Day 5: Favourite Christmas song

• Question in the title, i will be making a thread every day with a differant question to learn more about the akp user base

Given it's Christmas day, what is everyone's favourite christmas song (dosn't need to be kpop related)?

My Answer:

Stray kids - Christmas Evel

Having worked in reatil for 3 years, i have grown a deep hatred for most of the popular ones, but the one stray kids released was a breath of fresh air for me lol

Hope everyone has a nice day with family and friends

Ults: Enhypen, Xikers | Jungwon, Yujun

Bias: Woonhak | EJ

BOYNEXTDOOR | &Team

"Stray kids does not mean strait kids"

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That's funny because I was going to put Christmas EveL as well! Great minds think alike. I always liked the beat, but I used to not like the lyrics as a Christmas and Christmas song lover. Yes, I was that one person who put on Jingle Bells in the middle of July, sue me. The funny thing is that never once did I stop to think what Christmas EveL might be about based on the name. My mind just went: "Finally, my favorite group is releasing a Christmas song! I'm excited," so imagine the betrayal I felt reading the lyrics when the song dropped. It really shouldn't have surprised me, but it somehow did. I'm a clown now I guess. I still enjoyed the music video because of all the references and funny moments and the beat was good, so I just ignored the words.

After a couple listens, my perspective started to shift towards said lyrics. So many Christmas songs praise Christmas, but I have never heard before I song that openly dissed it. That was new. There are people who don't like Christmas, so now they can have a Christmas song just for them. Not only that, but the beat doesn't sound like what you would expect a Christmas song to sound like. It sounds like a Stray Kids type of song. Speaking of which, I also grew to like the lyrics because part of Stray Kids' brand, at least in the beginning, was rebelling and this song was rebelling against Christmas, so it felt more like them. Lastly, Lex's cover was so awesome, it helped the lyrics grow on me too.

Stray Kids (스트레이 키즈) - “Christmas EveL” English Cover - YouTube

Besides, at least they dropped 24 to 25 and Winter Falls for people that want a more traditional sounding Christmas song (in my opinion). Those are great songs too, but I think Christmas EveL is slightly better because it's more like them if that makes sense. HaPpY holidays and have a great day/night!

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i'm not biased at all...i'm not

External Content www.youtube.com

• YouChanDoThis "Yes, I was that one person who put on Jingle Bells in the middle of July, sue me"... you will hear from my lawyers shortly

BOYNEXTDOOR | &Team

all i want for chirstmas is you gives me ptsd

BOYNEXTDOOR | &Team

• I'm not particularly religious about Christmas so I tend to lean secular, but my all time favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Oh no! Not the lawyers! Guess I'll have to beat you and call my lawyers on you first for defamation of Mariah Carey. Unacceptable.

hey hey lets talk about this, no need for these costly legal fees is there?

BOYNEXTDOOR | &Team

• Sure, we can do that. What would you like to discuss?

How about i forget your heinous crime of Christmas songs before Halloween. And you dont need to call your own lawyers lol

BOYNEXTDOOR | &Team

• External Content www.youtube.com

• External Content www.youtube.com

At least for one that isn't like one of the super traditional carols like In dulci Jubilo, s I couldn't choose out of those ones so kpop it is.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!