Are half white trainees virtually guaranteed to win survival shows?

• Half whites are pretty much western soft power inserted by the powers that be. The white worshipping countries like the Filippines and Latin America go crazy for these contestants (because they were colonized obviously)

Half blacks are barred from even entering. Did you know Saweetie and HER are actually half filo?? but they are not claimed by their asian country at all. Only the black community celebrates them.

• Half whites are pretty much western soft power inserted by the powers that be. The white worshipping countries like the Filippines and Latin America go crazy for these contestants (because they were colonized obviously)

Half blacks are barred from even entering. Did you know Saweetie and HER are actually half filo?? but they are not claimed by their country at all. Only the black community celebrates them.

Let's not forget about Lee Michelle and how Korea basically forgot about the girl

Half blacks are barred from even entering. Did you know Saweetie and HER are actually half filo?? but they are not claimed by their country at all. Only the black community celebrates them.

It also predates colonial times, as in the Philippines there are native people who look black but have been marginalized out of the mainstream

• He would have won if he didnt ask his fans to stop voting for him.

:pepe-smug::pepe-smug:

He's Russian

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• IDK about a lot mixed people in Korean shows but if I look at Japan where a half Mexican dude (and some other half foreign peoplr ) was on PDJ I don't think people care too much if you are foreign

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• reminds me of shannon williams who is half white and pretty but never got really far in her carreer.

She was not in a produce survival show afaik but I wonder what would have been if she participated in pd101

• lol you are dead wrong

somi being from sixteen helped her recognition a lot more htan just being half white

and the baiyiyiyiyiyiyi girl was 96% from her brother's fanbase

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

Half blacks are barred from even entering. Did you know Saweetie and HER are actually half filo?? but they are not claimed by their asian country at all. Only the black community celebrates them.

It's sad that the Philippines doesn't celebrate Saweetie and HER. I know a lot of us Filipino-Americans who do look up to those 2 and claim them but not having it done by our home country is sad.

Also it's the Philippines or Pilipinas if you want to use the non-colonized name.

~ ω

• reminds me of shannon williams who is half white and pretty but never got really far in her carreer.

She was not in a produce survival show afaik but I wonder what would have been if she participated in pd101

mbk really ruined her career

shannon was so talented too

it's frustrating seeing firms both ruin careers and burn their own (and investor) money in the process

I am from the balkans, more specifically Greece, can you explain to me how this "western soft power" logic applies to countries like Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, Albania, Croatia, and why not even include Cyprus, Esthonia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Ireland etc. I mean you specifically say western so by definition you do include these countries, right? I honestly can't wait for you to explain the colonization past of these countries...

• I am from the balkans, more specifically Greece, can you explain to me how this "western soft power" logic applies to countries like Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, Albania, Croatia, and why not even include Cyprus, Esthonia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Ireland etc. I mean you specifically say western so by definition you do include these countries, right? I honestly can't wait for you to explain the colonization past of these countries...

girl if they didn't colonize any country, then you don't even have to bring them up, i'm talking about the ones that did genius. White fragility i swear.

• girl if they didn't colonize any country, then you don't even have bring them up, i'm talking about the ones that did genius. White fragility i swear.

1.You say western you include everyone who is western.

2.can't believe that you just mentioned white fragility to someone whose family was butchered and thrown out of the lands they lived for millennia by the turks. What is next? will you deny the genocide of the pontic greeks? Will you the illegal occupation of cyprus and the transfer of illegal settlers from the mainland?

3.Are you asian btw? Can i generalize all asians as genocide maniacs, rapists and occupiers based on what the ottomans and the turks did, or are you going to call me racist?

• You say western you include everyone who is western.

right cause i have to be extra specific every time i post something so as to not offend every oversensitive uncle tom. There were more than one country. thats why i used a general term. get over it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can i generalize all asians as genocide maniacs, rapists and occupiers based on what the ottomans and the turks did, or are you going to call me racist?

I'm not even the same race as those two, so i don't even care :S

• right cause i have to be extra specific every time i post something so as to not offend every oversensitive uncle tom

If i say asians butchered and raped my family then people would call me out as generalizing and creating negative stereotypes and even behaving in a racist manner, and they would be absolutely in the right.

So, what gives you the right to do that? And then attack me, a person who specifically said that their family was raped, murdered and thrown out from the lands of their ancestors! And you are not asian, I assume you are not white, so what are you then?

• So, what gives you the right to do that? And then attack me,

and who told you to feel "attacked"? LMAO. the only ones that need to be mad are the ones it applies to. If you want to be an insecure anti-asian white person that ironically stans kpop at the same time, do you. No one's stopping you.

• and who told you to feel "attacked"? LMAO. the only ones that need to be mad are the ones it applies to. If you want to be an insecure anti-asian white person that ironically stans kpop at the same time, do you. No one's stopping you.

now I am anti-asian! And no, i am not a stan, you can be interested in a music scene and talk about it without being fanatical, or even being a fan at all.

As for the attack, you called me uncle tom and mentioned white fragility to someone whose family suffered through ethnic cleansing and genocide, after centuries of slavery and oppression, and were thrown out of their ancestral homes and lost everything. You are losing the plot here.

• now I am anti-asian! And no, i am not a stan, you can be interested in a music scene and talk about it without being fanatical, or even being a fan at all.

Can i generalize all asians as genocide maniacs, rapists and occupiers

Hey you said it not me ;-)

• Hey you said it not me ;-)

why don't you include the context properly? At this point you are embarrassing yourself.

"Can i generalize all asians as genocide maniacs, rapists and occupiers based on what the ottomans and the turks did, or are you going to call me racist?"

"If i say asians butchered and raped my family then people would call me out as generalizing and creating negative stereotypes and even behaving in a racist manner, and they would be absolutely in the right."

• why don't you include the context properly? At this point you are embarrassing yourself.

that was the context. you asked if you wanted to be anti asian? and my response was i don't give a damn. The rest of the stuff i didn't even want bother with because i knew you were being extra on purpose.

• Because thats exactly what you are and you do have white fragility based on your very first response. I didn't lie.

that was the context. you asked if you wanted to be anti asian? and my response was i don't give a damn. The rest of the stuff i didn't even want bother with because i knew you were being extra on purpose.

i was specifically making the point that generalising = bad, not was asking to be racist against asians. you are just making up things and you know it. Also, that was not your response, you did not say you don't care did you?

Last time i checked the theory of white fragility is applied to white americans (especially white of the anglo protestant variety) in the context of racial history and tensions in the US, because of how they perceive that equality = oppression of whites and how they react to perceived loss of institutional power. At least this is my understanding of it (not to mention that now there is an emergence of brown fragility and asian fragility narrative with regards to education and work in the IT sector, but that is another topic). Can you please explain how it applies in my case as a greek, born in greece and living in greece, having the specific family past, which has nothing to do with the US and the race relations and history there?

• I am from the balkans, more specifically Greece, can you explain to me how this "western soft power" logic applies to countries like Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, Albania, Croatia, and why not even include Cyprus, Esthonia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Ireland etc. I mean you specifically say western so by definition you do include these countries, right? I honestly can't wait for you to explain the colonization past of these countries...

When Americans say white they usually just mean fair skinned people of Northwestern European heritage, who dominate the West politically and financially. Other Europeans aren't really considered because they weren't any significant part of American history.

• When Americans say white they usually just mean fair skinned people of Northwestern European heritage, who dominate the West politically and financially. Other Europeans aren't really considered because they weren't any significant part of American history.

and yet you see it applied outside of that context just a few comments above. We are at a point were someone who is greek, born in greece, lives in greece, with a family history that has nothing to do with the US can be said that presents white fragility.

And greeks were a part of american history, just as the italians or the irish were and still are. Greeks were some of the groups specically targeted by the likes of KKK and other nativist organizations such as mormon organizations as foreigners and a danger to "pure americans" and christianity and whatnot.

you have cases of pogroms and organized violence against greek communities in the USA such as lynching and murder of greeks, destruction of greek businesses and even organized rapes of greek women, which led for example to the creation of organizations such as AHEPA (American Hellenic Education Progressive Association). I bet that you have never heard of any of these things.

• and yet you see it applied outside of that context just a few comments above. We are at a point were someone who is greek, born in greece, lives in greece, with a family history that has nothing to do with the US can be said that presents white fragility.

And greeks were a part of american history, just as the italians or the irish were and still are. Greeks were some of the groups specically targeted by the likes of KKK and other nativist organizations such as mormon organizations as foreigners and a danger to "pure americans" and christianity and whatnot.

you have cases of pogroms and organized violence against greek communities in the USA such as lynching and murder of greeks, destruction of greek businesses and even organized rapes of greek women, which led for example to the creation of organizations such as AHEPA (American Hellenic Education Progressive Association). I bet that you have never heard of any of these things.

most Americans are unaware about other cultures, so they'll just lump people together.

• Bahi has her brother and Somi had big 3, pretty privilege + sixteen popularity. Myah lost on Girls Planet and Alexa was voted out pretty quickly on Produce 48. Then on Idol School there were two half white/Korean girls that lost and weren’t even popular. Also, that one Russian girl that international fans hated. I think she was confirmed to be Asian after all that mess but moved to China now.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• This thread contains 33 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!