Brand Reputation Ranking Controversy?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Fake News?

Discuss

:pepe-popcorn::pepe-popcorn::pepe-popcorn:

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• well, the political views of the ceo are irrelevant unless he is manipulating the information to fit his narrative.

Which of course, happens with any kind of organization so I wouldn't be surprised...

But yeah I used to kind of trust brand reputation rankings but it's also like, it doesn't seem we know the exact ways those numbers are gotten so it's like... better to take them with a grain of salt rather than use it to prove your favs are better/more popular I suppose.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• individual brand rep makes sense

group doesn't because they count individual activities as group ones

through last years Girls Generation is group which gained most advantage from this

not active at all as a group yet members doin things separately individually are later counted and hella boost their brand rep as a group

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Not to be that person but I literally warned yall years ago in the old forum..... but brand ranking still has a lot of shooters. :pepenomad:

Fans need to stop citing Brand Reputation Rankings as some sort of objective measure of popularity
    This is not just often seen on Twitter either, but on many different forums and Reddit too, especially in the comments, I would often see people...
    www.reddit.com

Desbundar

• Brand reputation barely means anything. It never really has.

If it does not translate into CF deals, what's the point? There are only a handful of people on those polls whose real life appeal is translated correctly through brand rankings, and that's BP and Aespa.

Other than that, brand reputation is another lame way for fans to brag and act like they know what's really popular in Korea. This is why I only trust Gallup.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

fc48bd06c65bdda5a70662a95298c58967e2efac.gifv2388a663244f2a30b386bac2c9600bc97508161c.gifv

• What to discuss here? It's been known for quite a time already that br is an unreliable mess. I think more than a year ago Hoseok's k-stans digged whole information about that individual br when numbers in the criterias for Hoseok didn't make sense at all, after they + i-stans started to demand for an explanation and clarity in how it's all calculated and in respose to these demands br threatened to delete Hoseok completely from ranking (can you imagine any reputable and actually factual organization about 'statistics' to even think about deleting one of its major factors? :rolleyes: ). They have continued to do some strange and messy stuff to Hoseok's numbers, like, for example, on a month when we got a lot of articles about Hoseok and trend them all the index which suppose to showcase articles and involvement with them somehow goes down and even lower than a previous month where we got just few articles :S They seem to do it really intentionally, the reason is unknown but some speculate that it's cause ilbe is against uprising political movement which went in Gwangju and as we all know Hoseok is not only from that region and is proud of it but also is bold enough to bring awareness about political situation in Gwangju through his songs and lyrics. Ppl still think that that 1 single time when Hoseok managed to climb in top7 #2 on br was just cause they couldn't ignore his impact, he was just everywhere due to Dynamite dance break, all trends were about him on any platform. So we kinda stopped caring about whole thing, it doesn't mean anything after all especially in cases like Hoseok's.

• I saw a thread from a few months ago about the CEO and how he threatened to ban some idols from the list because their fans were questioning the rankings.

• individual brand rep makes sense

group doesn't because they count individual activities as group ones

through last years Girls Generation is group which gained most advantage from this

not active at all as a group yet members doin things separately individually are later counted and hella boost their brand rep as a group

does it rlly though

the CEO literally threatened to leave out an idol just because he was annoyed by his fans, and you got nugu idols ranking higher than more talked about ones

also the fact that he doesn’t even disclose how those are calculated. tbh it doesn’t

• most people know how this shit works. who cares about brand value at all. all these numbers have always been unfounded, based on nothing.

funny how only after Rose dropped off the ranking in one month that anyone talks about it. Twice, Hwasa, Tiffany and others can't relate. :peperain:

• does it rlly though

the CEO literally threatened to leave out an idol just because he was annoyed by his fans, and you got nugu idols ranking higher than more talked about ones

also the fact that he doesn’t even disclose how those are calculated. tbh it doesn’t

You have see in the top of the table the names/categories and points. This one is for individual brand rep. I don't know hangul so can't tell you categories but I'm pretty sure some are web searches, some media mentions etc. 1639879172-009acb94c362fbacc67733787b4b1d5f-1639870083-4533.jpg

External Content www.youtube.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!