Unpopular opinion about Aespa's stage presence

• I agree with this too. The four-member formations in regular camera work look so wrong. idkw SM doesn't hire backup dancers. A song like NL is amazing with a crowd. It's even worse that it is in a time where the audience cant chant. So many things that could make the stage great were missed.

lt64IYu.gif

• oh have I said a lot but I would like to add that before anyone comes for aespa's stage presence or skills to compare with all artists year-end performances, they need to think about what other artists stages would have been if every single one of them from music shows to festivals was the same lipsynced audio with a not-so-impressive-choreography and they took away their props, backup dancers, dance breaks, stunts, besides, all that with being told not to change expressions. I am pretty sure even if they survived because of their skills, everyone would still get bored eventually including the artists themselves. That is exactly what the performance management for aespa is instructing them to do so obviously, they should take part of the blame instead of shifting everything on "the girls lack skills".

lt64IYu.gif

• their debut stage was the best one so far. no doubt.

people are like a stage presentation? you mean Soyeon, Lisa and Yuna?

but no one pays attention to how what they perform affects their sense of the stage. aespa? there is no emotional connection, no baddie feeling, no feeling of anything. "unit" with music is important as hell. (G) I-DLE - 'Oh my god' - OOOOHHH MYYY GOOOOOOODDD SHE TOKE ME TO THE SKYYYY. probably you just get up and show it expressively and forcefully by eating noodles.

you must have this feeling.

savage? next level? it's just fucsdgng empty.

• I didn’t think red velvet were very good on stage either. Not sure why SM GGs aren’t raising to the occasion. RV have my favorite songs in 3rd gen but I’d much rather see twice and bp on stage. Even great songs like Psycho and bad Boy I wasn’t interested in RV’s lives.

Is it that the songs aren’t suited for lives or is the choreo not interesting enough I wonder.

Well aespa are new let’s see how they do in the future.

uhmm red velvet are definitely better performers than aespa still

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!