Unpopular opinion: G-Dragon is overhyped as a rapper

• ? 95

1. Agree (52) 55%
    2. Disagree (34) 36%
    3. ree (9) 9%

His stage presence and lyricism make him stand out but not his rapping ability itself.

Don't get me wrong. He's a great rapper and above average but I wouldn't say he's "the best rapper in K-pop".

Don't kill me :sweatr:

Okay imma head out now :pepe-back-away:

Discuss.

Edited once, last by yeet-me ().

• big bang as a whole is overhyped af. i never saw the crazy stage presence their fans claim they have. screaming into the mic is not stage presence. neither gd nor top are that much better than most idol rappers, though they might win out is lyricism, i don't know enough about their work to critique them there.

who's your favorite artist?

• big bang as a whole is overhyped af. i never saw the crazy stage presence their fans claim they have. screaming into the mic is not stage presence. neither gd nor top are that much better than most idol rappers, though they might win out is lyricism, i don't know enough about their work to critique them there.

Stage presence is subjective, but they do a hell of a lot more than screaming into the mic. And if you think T.O.P. and gd are the same as many idol rappers than you have either never listened to most idol rappers, or you haven’t listened to them.

• Stage presence is subjective, but they do a hell of a lot more than screaming into the mic. And if you think T.O.P. and gd are the same as many idol rappers than you have either never listened to most idol rappers, or you haven’t listened to them.

i used to be a big bang stan in 2012 and i have listened to releases from many bottom tier to top tier groups from 2nd gen onwards. its factual that there isn't much that makes gdtop that much better than most idol rappers. i never said they were bad, and i also don't think every idol rapper is straight up bad. i mean, especially not when there are idol rappers like bts' rappers. flow, diction, tone. neither top nor gd particularly excel in any of these things for me to place them on any sort of pedestal above most idol rappers. idol rappers who are just absolutely terrible are a different story. but that is kind of a rare case imo. most boy groups especially these days have rappers who actually enjoy rapping to some degree and are not completely skilless.

• i used to be a big bang stan in 2012 and i have listened to releases from many bottom tier to top tier groups from 2nd gen onwards. its factual that there isn't much that makes gdtop that much better than most idol rappers. i never said they were bad, and i also don't think every idol rapper is straight up bad. i mean, especially not when there are idol rappers like bts' rappers. flow, diction, tone. neither top nor gd particularly excel in any of these things for me to place them on any sort of pedestal above most idol rappers. idol rappers who are just absolutely terrible are a different story. but that is kind of a rare case imo. most boy groups especially these days have rappers who actually enjoy rapping to some degree and are not completely skilless.

I agree, absolutely nothing differentiates them from “risky risky wiggy wiggy” and “Shawty imma party to the sundown”. In fact, I would argue that the pure joy I get listening to those lines negates anything gdtop do for me. And before you argue those are anomalies in kpop, I think you’ll find that in fact, that is the norm in kpop. There are some better rappers yeah, but bts is not the norm for rapping, just like exo and b1a4 are not the norm for singing.

• I agree, absolutely nothing differentiates them from “risky risky wiggy wiggy” and “Shawty imma party to the sundown”. In fact, I would argue that the pure joy I get listening to those lines negates anything gdtop do for me. And before you argue those are anomalies in kpop, I think you’ll find that in fact, that is the norm in kpop. There are some better rappers yeah, but bts is not the norm for rapping, just like exo and b1a4 are not the norm for singing.

huh? didn't i already say i wouldnt say anything about their lyricism..? i was talking about rap SKILL, hon. and if you have nothing to say in regards to that it just proves my point. and gdtop have plenty of cringey lines too so whats your point exactly??

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!