How did Lisa become the most famous female Kpop idol of all time?

• Lisa was easily the most underpromoted member of bp by yg . When people use to call them the second 2NE1, it was obvious everyone thought she’d be a minzy of the group. But fast forward and she is the most popular kpop idol after bts. I firmly believe she is also independently known outside her group because she has had so many viral dancing moments and her popularity in China and to an extent some sea countries can stand without her group, which isn’t the same for the other members and that kind of gives her the edge. And she lowkey might be the most talented member because of her dancing, and that could attract her more dance focused fans as opposed to the others who are good in their skills but not exceptional enough to have that skill based following, except for Rosé depending on the success of her solo. My question is what is the formula to creating the high level of fame Lisa has. She had no solo nor predebut hype or promotions. So how does one create an idol that can rival that. The closest female idol to her popularity is Jennie and Jennie’s Fame has a formula to it that I believe can be recreated once you’ve established the success of your group. So what do you think is the Lisa formula and is it possible to create another idol as successful? Or Lisa the peak for female idols?

Edited once, last by Sleepdeprived199: My post was misconstrued so I had to edit it. Sorry to whoever got offended ().

• there is no formula for success

lisa is extremely talented and beautiful inside out

she has the it factor and thats why a lot of people love her

There is definitely a formula for success. A lot of famous idols popularity are not organic and already premeditated and manufactured by the company. Most especially visuals. But that’s a discussion for another day

• :angryr:

is that something that can make you an it girl? dating? really?

Of course not. Seems I was misunderstood. All I meant to say was Jennie’s popularity exists because she’s Jennie. She is beautiful, talented, charismatic and charming enough for people to like her but for people to like her and know her she’s has to be in the public eye enough. Did the dating scandal make her famous? No. But it did play a tiny role in her being more talked about over a period of time? Yes.

• Of course not. Seems I was misunderstood. All I meant to say was Jennie’s popularity exists because she’s Jennie. She is beautiful, talented, charismatic and charming enough for people to like her but for people to like her and know her she’s has to be in the public eye enough. Did the dating scandal make her famous? No. But it did play a tiny role in her being more talked about over a period of time? Yes.

no it

didnt

only thing her solo and that dating scandal got was backlash and get her dragged every single day

• There is definitely a formula for success. A lot of famous idols popularity are not organic and already premeditated and manufactured by the company. Most especially visuals. But that’s a discussion for another day

lisa barely got promoted tho

she only started receiving solo promo in 2019

there is no formula for success

she gained fans and recognition on her own

• Lisa was never least promoted at debut lmao

She literally debuted with nonagon and moonshot as solo gigs when the others had none at debut individually

No need to lie now...

Also each member can pretty much stand without the group at this point too as they have the biggest individual fandoms in the industry other than bts members..

[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]

[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]

• Of course not. Seems I was misunderstood. All I meant to say was Jennie’s popularity exists because she’s Jennie. She is beautiful, talented, charismatic and charming enough for people to like her but for people to like her and know her she’s has to be in the public eye enough. Did the dating scandal make her famous? No. But it did play a tiny role in her being more talked about over a period of time? Yes.

kai is like half as popular as her and it made zero noise in Korea

They were literally asking “who” when they news was released💀

[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]

• lisa was the least promoted member predebut tho?

Rosé was actually least promoted predebut and at debut

She had no solo gigs other than a few collabs with YG artists that she wasn’t even credited for💀

While the others were in cfs and modelling.

[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]

First of all jennie already went viral in sk n had huge success with solo before her dating scandal got out and individually she is more known in korea n internationally even before her dating scandal than that of kai. All the scandal did was nothing and there were few annoying people getting more mad at jennie for dating because at the time it was public perception that bp had a dating ban n people considered her "spoiled" for that and every other absurd labels they like to attach towards her.

・゚ 🎀 𝐵𝓁𝒶𝒸𝓀𝓅𝒾𝓃𝓀 𝐹❤𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 🎀 ゚・

42880fa4ac96298e4b26e69acc7466df9c020cfb.gifv61d9d03079dcca08018fddc7e065366fd5b1cb33.gifvc36d4dbbfdddf670228a3e8d52e5040a4ad6850a.gifvb84a5edbd39d08ccaad6db639e0740f4562821c6.gifv

The dating scandal was released during award season. She was already talked about bc of her SOLO performances on award shows. If anything, it only did damage as people were criticizing her for "neglecting the group for love".

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• lalisa means in thai the one who is worshipped so that fortune teller was a fucking genius who predicted the future...

thus lisa was written in the stars, fate, prophesy...whatever you call it it was just mesnt to be

• Jisoo was very popular predebut, I knew her from producer. The others had collaborations with established artists of the company. I don’t think anyone but YG stans know what moonshot or nonagon is. And doing unknown brands isn’t being promoted, it is she promoting the brands. I hope you understand.

• no it

didnt

only thing her solo and that dating scandal got was backlash and get her dragged every single day

I really beg to differ. May be negative publicity but it gave her publicity nonetheless. 2018 was the year the solo stans and akghaes were born in the blink fandom. And that was triggered by fans believing she was heavily favored by the company and hence getting her hate, and the need for people to also defend her against that, hence her own solo fanbase outside the group. The reason she had the level of support she did from people who didn’t stan the group was her solo and the need to defend and stand up for her. Let us just agree to disagree. Whilst the backlash was unfair to her, I believe it gave her more fans and general public recognition.

• Jisoo was very popular predebut, I knew her from producer. The others had collaborations with established artists of the company. I don’t think anyone but YG stans know what moonshot or nonagon is. And doing unknown brands isn’t being promoted, it is she promoting the brands. I hope you understand.

yo they acting like having songs, video, live performance with GD pre-debut isnt a big deal lol

Why are blinks belittling GD? yikes

• First of all jennie already went viral in sk n had huge success with solo before her dating scandal got out and individually she is more known in korea n internationally even before her dating scandal than that of kai. All the scandal did was nothing and there were few annoying people getting more mad at jennie for dating because at the time it was public perception that bp had a dating ban n people considered her "spoiled" for that and every other absurd labels they like to attach towards her.

kai is like half as popular as her and it made zero noise in Korea

They were literally asking “who” when they news was released💀

I don’t understand. Exo is a famous boy group. Easily their prime was in 2018. In what world was she more famous than any member of Exo, the nation’s pick, a group that was straight off an Olympic performance in 2018? Please be respectful to Exo. If I said something that you felt was insulting to Jennie, my initial post was edited. But to act as if their dating scandal wasn’t huge and Kai isn’t famous is weird.

• I don’t understand. Exo is a famous boy group. Easily their prime was in 2018. In what world was she more famous than any member of Exo, the nation’s pick, a group that was straight off an Olympic performance in 2018? Please be respectful to Exo. If I said something that you felt was insulting to Jennie, my initial post was edited. But to act as if their dating scandal wasn’t huge and Kai isn’t famous is weird.

Exo as a group was popular than Jennie and blackpink in sk in 2018 yes but no individually not all members were and Kai was definitely not more popular than Jennie in SK in post d4, running man viral and solo release. Also the dating scandal didn't do anything.

42880fa4ac96298e4b26e69acc7466df9c020cfb.gifv61d9d03079dcca08018fddc7e065366fd5b1cb33.gifvc36d4dbbfdddf670228a3e8d52e5040a4ad6850a.gifvb84a5edbd39d08ccaad6db639e0740f4562821c6.gifv

• They are even afraid that she will be bigger than her group on youtube. So she is not allowed to post that she has a youtube channel opened. She couldnt even promote her video yesterday and with the promotion today. She still isn't allowed to post that she has a youtube channel. So the public just like her posts without knowing it's her YouTube projects.

While another member can post when ever she wants to. And what ever she wants to

• Kai was definitely by miles more popular during that era. What is this new narrative? Isn’t this a fact?

No he wasn't that time when the dating scandal got out. He definitely wasn't more popular than Jennie in sk at the time and how many times do i and others here have to repeat the dating scandal didn't do anything besides people hating on jennie for getting the whole group "in trouble". Bye.

Edited once, last by rosseannepark ().

• This thread contains 52 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!