Do You Think We’ll Ever Have Another Female Idol as Big as Lisa?

• Lisa is insanely huge in popularity and just about anyone who’s into kpop knows her. She’s the most followed Kpop Idol in Instagram history and has recently broken records with her organic hit, “Money”.

Lisa’s always been popular ever since Boombayah and Whistle dropped. So my question to you is will we ever see another female kpop idol be as big as Lisa?

Btw stream Lalisa

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• no but we will probably get another thread like this :cryingr:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Stream OTG and Solo while you’re here

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Stream OTG and Solo while you’re here

YGE Music Videos >>>>

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Why do you think so?

You can't really predict what will happen. And with that it's difficult to definitively know if there will every be a more popular female idol or not.

But, with kpop's growing popularity overall, you would think in some ways it would be easier to gain popularity because of that. In some ways, I think it does help, but that can only take you so far sometimes...

I suppose if the right circumstances were to happen, a female idol could become just as popular if not moreso, it's just difficult to be in that right place in time, but not impossible either.

I mean, it's not like we were expecting Lisa to get this big either years ago either. So I'd like to keep an open mind.

Sorry, I know my answer is very inconclusive and not 100% based on anything, but there are a lot things we don't expect to blow up that end up doing so, so I try to be open to possibilities.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• I feel like, every few years, there's a question about "How could anybody ever exceed X?!" and then someone does.

So I think it's possible. Before Lisa, people were asking if a solo could ever be as big as Jennie's. And before Jennie, it was Taeyeon. And before Taeyeon, it was "no one could ever be bigger than IU." I'm sure there was someone even before IU that people thought could never be exceeded.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• probably. in past generations, don't you think people said "nobody can top this group, nobody can top this idol"??? but here we are, with groups constantly breaking past records and reaching new heights. past idols are forgotten. new idols have success that goes beyond what people could have imagined. that's just...how it is

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• I feel like, every few years, there's a question about "How could anybody ever exceed X?!" and then someone does.

So I think it's possible. Before Lisa, people were asking if a solo could ever be as big as Jennie's. And before Jennie, it was Taeyeon. And before Taeyeon, it was "no one could ever be bigger than IU." I'm sure there was someone even before IU that people thought could never be exceeded.

Basically this

As we go from one era to another,there will always be someone who will take it to the next level.That's just the way of the world.

• Yes.

Not right now, but there is potential in the future.

( •ㅅ• )( •ㅅ• )( •ㅅ• )

• Yes. I think before it was Lisa that was super popular it was CL. Records are meant to be broken and it really is only a matter of time. I mean we see it easily with bgs; before it was BTS it was 1D before 1D it was NSYNC and BSBs and the Beatles. I think it might time some time since Lisa is in her prime and really she and the girls are only getting started in the careers. But popularity comes and goes it's really only natural for in the future their to be a "New Lisa," if you know what I mean.

• I don't think so. Popularity like that is something that happens very rarely. Look at her solo. She barely got any promo yet still effortlessly broke the records. Hell, Money got zero promo and is still doing insanely well. Hard to see that happening again anytime soon.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!