I wanna hear your opinion on this issue

• I'm also from EU country and I would consider it very safe. Most of the criminal acts actually happen here between people that know each other and they have personal agendas to hurt someone. Which is terrible... But in those cases 'not going out at dark' doesn't help...

Honestly, I always walked alone in the dark, even in capital or at countryside. And I always felt safe.

But something also happened once, that made me be more cautious, I took a cab during night and the driver wanted to take me to some dark alley instead to my dorm. I started screaming at him and went out. I was terrified and didn't even remember to look at license plates, I just cried. I told my friends to be careful and if it's possible to not take a cab alone...

oh my god that's so scary ;(;( *sending hugs*

you never know even in the safest countries

the sad thing about this is many women actually take a cab believing it's a safer option than to go alone at night...and I guess it really is but something like this still can happen sighs

what country are you from ? :whatr: if you don't mind sharing

• oh wow that seems complicated ^^^^ I've never been to Poland tbh but I'd like to go! maybe next summer :/

• oh my god that's so scary ;(;( *sending hugs*

you never know even in the safest countries

the sad thing about this is many women actually take a cab believing it's a safer option than to go alone at night...and I guess it really is but something like this still can happen sighs

what country are you from ? :whatr: if you don't mind sharing

It's ok, it's ages ago and luckily nothing happened. I blamed myself of course for not knowing better. And I don't want to share the whole story, but I was out in a club with friends but wanted to go home early so I ditched them, because I didn't wanted to destroy their night, and make them go home early because of me. My friends came right behind me, scolding me that I shouldn't have left without them.

• It's ok, it's ages ago and luckily nothing happened. I blamed myself of course for not knowing better. And I don't want to share the whole story, but I was out in a club with friends but wanted to go home early so I ditched them, because I didn't wanted to destroy their night, and make them go home early because of me. My friends came right behind me, scolding me that I shouldn't have left without them.

ahh I see...still not your fault! :borahae:

• oh wow that seems complicated ^^^^ I've never been to Poland tbh but I'd like to go! maybe next summer :/

well the closest cities to Trencin that you might like to visit are Kraków, and Katowice

but if you really would like to go somewhere more far away and much different then go to Toruń, Malbork, and Bydgoszcz, then go to 3City Gdańsk/Gdynia/Sopot, and from there you will be able to take long ride back home either for example train back to Kraków or Katowice and from there another train or maybe a bus

• well the closest cities to Trencin that you might like to visit are Kraków, and Katowice

but if you really would like to go somewhere more far away and much different then go to Toruń, Malbork, and Bydgoszcz, then go to 3City Gdańsk/Gdynia/Sopot, and from there you will be able to take long ride back home either for example train back to Kraków or Katowice and from there another train or maybe a bus

thanks for the tips :borahae: I was thinking about Krakow :yesr:

• To also answer on the topic.. I think there is no good advice they can give, you will never be able to prevent things like that from happening at all.. but I also think its not a good direction to tell everyone to just stay home and be scared

• I would add it's the same for health purposes as well we wear masks as a precaution and use hand-sanitizer and 1.5m (6 feet) etc

personally I don't think the police is stating it's the victim's fault it's just precautionary...

secondly I would add that the police are usually there to catch criminals and bring them to justice...very rarely are police there to "prevent the crime from occurring in the first place"

the prevention aspect comes from precautionary measures and increased awareness and education and so forth

• I would add it's the same for health purposes as well we wear masks as a precaution and use hand-sanitizer and 1.5m (6 feet) etc

But again this is not something which is impossible to do unlike not going out after it gets dark here when the sunset is around 3:45 pm

But I get what you mean

My conclusion to this would be their wording of the advice was really bad and they should be more careful because it's an offcial police account not some random user online but it was meant well

• But again this is not something which is impossible to do unlike not going out after it gets dark here when the sunset is around 3:45 pm

But I get what you mean

My conclusion to this would be their wording of the advice was really bad and they should be more careful because it's an offcial police account not some random user online but it was meant well

it's probably the wording but if it's exactly:

"we advice women to not go out after it gets dark for their safety"

they could have worded it better but it's not bad per se...they might have added if alone or something to that effect or make sure you take extra precautions if alone or something...but it's facebook right? lol

at the end of the day you and your fellow countrymen/women should all take care when ALONE after dark!!! just because it gets dark doesn't mean you can't be attacked (sexually or just thievery) even if one is a dude!!!

• Yup it was worded exactly like that

I know it's just facebook but it's still the offcial account of police so :eyes:

Yeah ofc I know that ^^

• The police is supposed to ensure the safety of citizens, women in this case, not restrict their freedom to prevent crimes from happening. In an ideal world, women should be able to go on with their lives normally as they please without having to restrict themselves to make sure that OTHERS wouldn't do criminal things to them. But we don't live in an ideal world and society is still conditionned to put the blame on women for sexual assault whether openly or subtly.

• The police is supposed to ensure the safety of citizens, women in this case, not restrict their freedom to prevent crimes from happening. In an ideal world, women should be able to go on with their lives normally as they please without having to restrict themselves to make sure that OTHERS wouldn't do criminal things to them. But we don't live in an ideal world and society is still conditionned to put the blame on women for sexual assault whether openly or subtly.

you've got a point here

• Not sure where I'm from only certain area's are dangerous to walk in/by at night this one park is totally safe during the day but at night people getting stabbed or beaten up doesn't matter if you're a woman or man either :0 one time my sisters were driving by there and witnessed a cult doing some kind of ritual there and when they noticed they all stopped what they were doing and just stared at them and they got scared and sped off real fast

Cops don't even patrol that area or these other dangerous area's :l All they care about is busting big busts :l

• Not sure where I'm from only certain area's are dangerous to walk in/by at night this one park is totally safe during the day but at night people getting stabbed or beaten up doesn't matter if you're a woman or man either :0 one time my sisters were driving by there and witnessed a cult doing some kind of ritual there and when they noticed they all stopped what they were doing and just stared at them and they got scared and sped off real fast

Cops don't even patrol that area or these other dangerous area's :l All they care about is busting big busts :l

omg a cult? that's a next level :angryr: parks are always super dangerous at night

I guess in every town or city there're areas you shouldn't go to no matter what during night...locals usually know...tourists on other hand...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!