I'm sick of hearing this opinion so I'm gonna debunk it ☆

• "Not being able to write or produce your own songs means you're untalented."

I beg to differ from this opinion. You boomers may wanna listen.

If you have a good voice, can dance, and have good music... then why should it matter if don't write your songs? You still have talent anyway. Many people say that not being able to write your own songs mean that your music is manufactured, but giving your voice to the song is like giving a piece of you and your talent to the product, making it not so manufactured after all.

Other people say that not writing your own songs means you have a weak passion for music... then why did you persue music in the first place if you had no passion?

Plus, it gives people who like writing songs but who don't want to sing job opportunities and the chance to work with famous singers. It's actually really beneficial.

Anyone else on the same page?

DISCUSS :pepe-flirt:

• Go to Best Answer
  • Idols shouldn't be expected to write/produce their own music in the first place. They're performers, that's their main priority and what they do. They're supposed to dance, rap, and sing. Songwriting abilities aren't necessary, though of course they're a nice addition to their skillset.

• Idols shouldn't be expected to write/produce their own music in the first place. They're performers, that's their main priority and what they do. They're supposed to dance, rap, and sing. Songwriting abilities aren't necessary, though of course they're a nice addition to their skillset.

I'm talking about music in general but you make a good point. Idols aren't supposed to be musicial geniuses but they are there to entertain people.

• If they write that means they are talented, as they can write music, something most people cannot do, however it does not mean they are less talented if they cannot. Someone could write, however may not be a good dancer or singer, and visa versa.

Again, the less singers want to write, the more jobs songwriters who don't wanna sing get. Being able to write music is a bonus but some people say it's a requirement.

• Of course! I'm not really sure why people base someone's ability or countability to write as a part of talent. Sure, it is a skill that does require talent but it shouldn't be the basis of talent. Some companies don't allow their artists to write anyway.

Plus, saying Blackpink isn't talented because they don't write or something like that is just like you know, wrong! They have the potential to write and then YG throws that away by not letting them write. I've seen a lot from Jennie and Jisoo especially, they are very talented writers. I think they need to get a full song to write someday <3

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Best Answer

Again, the less singers want to write, the more jobs songwriters who don't wanna sing get. Being able to write music is a bonus but some people say it's a requirement.

The requirement is absolute idiocy, especially in kpop. It is merely an extra talent, one I find very impressive, however just an extra.

However, people who write often do so with others, so it does not take away too many jobs. Also that's a horrible argument, people are allowed to do the stuff they enjoy, to try and work on their art without thinking of the prospective jobs they are ruining. Really. So, should I not take photos and make art for my walls because it ruins a painter's/photographer's job? Or cook, because what about the chefs and restaurants? Some people want to make a specific sound, have a goal in mind, sure they ruin the chance people may not have ever had, but so do we every single freaking day.

• i completely agree with all your points and people who have made comments above but let me offer a slight counterpoint

artists create something...when one looks into art and what it means to be artist it means having the creativity to create something new...

hence people like soyeon, rm, gd (i'm sure there's more) get praised endlessly for their creative talents in addition to their other abilities...

so to answer your questiom op not having writing or production credits doesn't make one less talented but rather those who have such skills are more talented (assuming ceteris parabis of course)

• Some of the greatest artists in Music never wrote or produced their songs. Although you would be SHOCKED at the number of people who pursue a career in music and don't really have a passion for it.

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!