Should YouTube music add to Gaon and ichart?

• The reason I am making this thread because ichart ask the same question on Twitter a few days ago.

I think it is fair really, and it must add to ichart especially Gaon. Youtube music streaming represent a younger generation that is not into traditional Korean app. I think Infact if you not include youtube music, it's kinda miss represent the music industry as a whole. Youtube music is second to melon in term of market share. I am not sure about youtube music filter stream but I heard back then it did. looking at this chart, it's not far from what is on Melon right.

Keep in mind that MSG Wannabe have not release their MV yet. There are only audios on YouTube music.

Sure, this is benefit Idol more, so what? It is still a platform that korean use to consume their music just like melon. Could this also the reason why gaon digital points going down tremendously because they did not include youtube music? So go ahead and let me know your opinion.

External Content
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    ?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

It will be harder for an artist to get a PAK in that case especially since it's carried by a younger generation. It's already pretty hard to get a PAK with the Melon reform so imagine how much more harder it'll be if YT was added?

You can see how apparent the difference is with how different the YT weekly chart is compared to the Melon weekly chart. MSG Wannabe managed to get a PAK but are nowhere to be found on the Youtube weekly chart top 10.

Idol groups top that list regularly as well which will make it harder for non-idol artists to get PAKs.

Anyway, should it be added to Gaon? Yes. Adding it to iChart will be difficult since YT is weekly and iChart is a realtime chart, but if possible, yes. It pretty much has the 2nd largest marketshare there so not adding it would leave out a large percentage of music consumers.

• only if they will at least implement daily chart instead of weekly one.

External Content www.youtube.com

• only if they will at least implement daily chart instead of weekly one.

Yea, agree with the daily one with ichart, but that is not important as Gaon. Gaon could add youtube music if they want to, but for some reason they have not. Kinda baffling.

• It will be harder for an artist to get a PAK in that case especially since it's carried by a younger generation. It's already pretty hard to get a PAK with the Melon reform so imagine how much more harder it'll be if YT was added?

You can see how apparent the difference is with how different the YT weekly chart is compared to the Melon weekly chart. MSG Wannabe managed to get a PAK but are nowhere to be found on the Youtube weekly chart top 10.

Idol groups top that list regularly as well which will make it harder for non-idol artists to get PAKs.

Anyway, should it be added to Gaon? Yes. Adding it to iChart will be difficult since YT is weekly and iChart is a realtime chart, but if possible, yes. It pretty much has the 2nd largest marketshare there so not adding it would leave out a large percentage of music consumers.

The reason why I mention ichart because they maybe considered adding them to their chart a few days ago.

To me, youtube doesn't have a daily make it harder to implement it.

• It will be harder for an artist to get a PAK in that case especially since it's carried by a younger generation. It's already pretty hard to get a PAK with the Melon reform so imagine how much more harder it'll be if YT was added?

PAKs are such a meaningless "achievement"

• Official Post

PAKs are such a meaningless "achievement"

I mean it's not meaningless but it's not as important as KPOP fans think it is. It's really just a combination of good luck, timing and demand but it's not that important when you want to compare how big 2 or more songs were/are.

Sorry if that didn't make sense

• I mean it's not meaningless but it's not as important as KPOP fans think it is. It's really just a combination of good luck, timing and demand but it's not that important when you want to compare how big 2 or more songs were/are.

Sorry if that didn't make sense

what matters ultimately is sales and longeviety. a song might get PAKs simply because of hype but then fall off the charts quickly without any particularly impressive feats sales wise, and a song might not get any PAKs but end up being a smash hit after a while (Next Level for example). That's why PAKs are meaningless, they are just something for fans to brag about.

• For Gaon, yes, they should. It's a legal streaming platform in South Korea that pays royalties. But they need a deal with YT to have access to the streaming numbers. We will never know if they tried and weren't successful or if they didn't try.

For iChart, it wouldn't fit into their formula because they use realtime and daily. YT only has weekly.

• I just checked Spotify. Foolish love by msg is #9 while its #1 everywhere else. I really doubt it would be top5 on yt weekly. Now obviously Spotify is still a flop in Korea but i think both must have almost similar demographic.

U really can't put yt charts on icharts. Doesn't update daily or every hour. Gaon yes. The manipulation that will happen.

It would benefit kpop most of all. Even flop kpop songs may see a top10 lol.

★¸.•☆•.¸★ 𝐉𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐎 ★⡀.•☆•.★

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv 38f275b68632fbb8a30ab7a0fce5512059a80556.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv61eb8841d60cd80c1298efc34ab05d6279af9b9a.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv4d43f06e62bc91bae199a1e0752740ea19fda0f9.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!