Would you still stan your female bias if you knew she was sponsored?

• It's probably more common than we think but it's hidden from us for a reason.

Male or female. Nobody wants the idol they look upto to be the lapdog of some disgusting chaebol. It's sad that idols have to resort to these means but some do it willingly to gain better opportunities.

It isn't going to go away so ig I'll turn a blind eye to it or blame the company for allowing this shit to happen. I don't approve of relationships where one has so much power over the other. Its almost always bound to be exploitative.

If they are not paid or get a certain opportunity in the end....whom do they go to? Who's there to provide any guarantee that once the relationship ends the benefits will be delivered.

Desbundar

• I'm quite perplexed by some of the comments regarding this issue - NO sponsors are not the norm for female idols and yes - its a scandal that this one idol has one - you defending by saying it's the norm is not doing anyone any favours - you are perpetuating a pernicious stereotype that female idols are adjacent to bar room hostesses/prostitutes.

Not that anyone should look down on or discriminate against sex workers but there's nothing empowering about it - its a hot bed of exploitation - but that's a whole other conversation.

YOU are perpetuating a pernicious stereotype by implying that being "adjacent" to bar room hostesses and prostitutes is something to be ashamed about. There is nothing wrong with people, male or female, who use their looks and body to make a living.

• so far no one's answered my question...

is sponsoring implying sexual intercourse or does it have another meaning?

Of course my friend, sponsoring is like rich people pay to make idols famous in exchange for sexual favors. It's being going on since the begining of time.

• Of course my friend, sponsoring is like rich people pay to make idols famous in exchange for sexual favors. It's being going on since the begining of time.

thanks mate...just wanted to confirm it since I'm not familiar with the use of the term in this particular context

could there be sponsoring where sex isn't involved...

• thanks mate...just wanted to confirm it since I'm not familiar with the use of the term in this particular context

could there be sponsoring where sex isn't involved...

I mean of course, but in this context that's not what OP is refering to.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!