what is the ultimate fruit (serious discussion)

• Hello, I am back once again with another serious discussion about various food items.

Today's topic: Fruit

What do you think about fruit? Is it good? Are there any specific fruits that you like or dislike?

I think it's good, especially because it's like dessert but healthy and it typically tastes better than some other dessert options. I think mangos, watermelon and grapes are the best, and apples are okay but I can only eat them if they're really firm. Also, I dislike pineapple because it's too acidic for me :sweatr1:

• the only fruit that tastes good no matter what is mangoes

strawberry get mushy and just don't hit every time

its a one in a million chance to get a super sweet watermelon

peaches are great but the hard ones are horrible soft peaches are great

blueberries taste weird

bananas are just gross no matter what

literally any berry gets mushy, don't sweet taste, or are just sour and weird

cantaloupes are the worst things i've ever tasted

oranges are good but they get messy and the orange juice burns your eyes

i actually like pomegranates but they take too much effort to eat a literal seed

apples get mushy and sometimes taste like soap even if its already washed green apples are superior

grapefruit.... i don't even need to say it do i? jk i like grapefruits but i don't find myself being like super in love with them they're good for when you want something to burn the inside of your mouth

cherries are good second to mangoes in my opinion but they don't have the superstar power that mangoes have

grapes are cool but they get mushy and sometimes sometimes dry out my mouth

limes are....limes :sketchyk:

lemons..... :nob:

kiwis are amazing but again MUSHY IS A NO NO :fingerk:

pears are dollar tree apples so same applies, and they dry out your mouth, they taste like soap, and are just better when soft

basically,, mangoes are superior

edit!!: forgot to put that it's too easy for you to swallow the seed when eating cherries&pomegranates

• interesting, i agree with most of these but i only eat hard fruit, which means i hate soft peaches and pears and i will not eat them if they aren't hard enough to break my teeth (same applies to apples, i hate squishy apples so i always squeeze them before i eat them to determine if they're squishy or not) :cryingk:

• Official Post

i hate mushy mealy fruit too, especially when apples and tomatoes are grainy, it's super disgusting.

shingo pears are somehow perfect. crisp and cool and delicious.

• Fruit is versatile, you can pair with lots of other foods and it’s delicious and healthy.

My favourites are berries I like to make smoothies with them, have them with cereal or ice cream. My favourite berries are raspberries- they are so tangy and are a good source of vitamins.

• Yeah, mango is definitively up there. It's no wonder it is called the king of fruits.

Banana is pretty close due to being super convenient.

I think apples are kinda overrated. Personally I rather eat just the skin of the apple.

• i eat bananas with literal rice and pasta sometimes. (my dad is ethiopian) :groovins:

Ooo, I've never tried that before! I guess something similar to that would be bananas with buckwheat and salt (which is what I typically eat bananas with). Do you know any good recipes for bananas w/ rice or pasta? :whatb:

• Ooo, I've never tried that before! I guess something similar to that would be bananas with buckwheat and salt (which is what I typically eat bananas with). Do you know any good recipes for bananas w/ rice or pasta? :whatb:

Hi! Here’s some vids that I got from my friends and family. It’s more.. savory than sweet? I can’t really type in Amharic and my grandma cooks differently than the ones I found on youtube, i guess the closest one i could find is this! (seems like somali food is so similar, east africa tingz) Just throw in a banana on the side and voila :claps:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi! Here’s some vids that I got from my friends and family. It’s more.. savory than sweet? I can’t really type in Amharic and my grandma cooks differently than the ones I found on youtube, i guess the closest one i could find is this! (seems like somali food is so similar, east africa tingz) Just throw in a banana on the side and voila :claps:

External Content www.youtube.com

External Content youtu.be

Thank you!! I'd love to try this one day :lover1:

• Wow, that's an interesting list ^^

May I ask what your opinion is on nectarines and persimmons?

they're ok i can eat them but i wont go actively out of my way to get them

my list is really based on chinese fruits ghat are quite rare in australia...

like i cant find much of those fruits in aust and even when i do they are so expensive

• they're ok i can eat them but i wont go actively out of my way to get them

my list is really based on chinese fruits ghat are quite rare in australia...

like i cant find much of those fruits in aust and even when i do they are so expensive

right, it's the same way in america so the only time i get to eat different types of fruits (outside of apples, pears, oranges, etc.) is when i'm traveling abroad. if i'm overseas then i try to eat as much fruit from there as i can because i know i won't be able to afford them when i return to the states :(

• Mangoes because not only are they good on their own, but mango lassi, cake, and juice are great. However, it all depends on the quality of the mango. It needs to be soft, sweet, non-sour, and juicy in order to be ultimate.

• yellow nectarines are thee BEST thing to ever bless itself onto my life, that being said yellow peaches are A-Class too.

the white ones are fine, just not enough juicy juice for me ;(;(;(

worst fruit... pineapple.... pineapple destroyed my life

imagewe are the two as oneimage
    tumblr_87c871885fc1b1ac179f7fad3f66c807_97657e41_540_5.gif

• I enjoy the pink and yellow dragon fruit but not the white one bcuz it’s bitter as FWUCK, but another good fruit is mangosteen

“Welcome to good burger, home of the good burger, can I take your order?”

• longans

lychees

rambutan

mangosteen

pomelo

Like really lychees and pomelo but haven't heard of the others and I don't think I can buy them here, or when they would be very expensive.

But my first choice would be strawberries... and they are very cheap where I live (~ 5€ per kilo), when it's harvesting time, you can go to the fields and pick them for youerself for very little money (~ 3€ per kilo)

• Like really lychees and pomelo but haven't heard of the others and I don't think I can buy them here, or when they would be very expensive.

But my first choice would be strawberries... and they are very cheap where I live (~ 5€ per kilo), when it's harvesting time, you can go to the fields and pick them for youerself for very little money (~ 3€ per kilo)

Logans are similar to lychees

pasted-from-clipboard.jpg

Mangosteen is a completely different fruit

Image result for mangosteen picture

Rambutans are also quite similar to lychees but have a hairy outside

Image result for rambutan picture

• best fruits of all time would be..

• watermelon
    • strawberries
    • persimmons (not overripe otherwise they’re gross)
    • nashi asian pears

EN-: jungwon | heeseung | jay | jake | sunghoon | sunoo | ni-ki

External Content open.spotify.com

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!