​K-pop melds together the worst of both worlds: stan/fanboy culture and cancel culture.

• K-pop melds together the worst of both worlds: stan/fanboy culture and cancel culture. Both are built on intolerance. Both stifle free thought and criticism; thereby it has no use for free speech. Instead it promotes and perpetuates internet fanaticism: internet mania being confused with genuine cultural response. If this was merely the dysfunction of phone-texting kids who always fell asleep during junior high English class (where they supposedly were introduced to art and judgment), it wouldn't matter much; but what's troubling is the rush to non-judgment and hype (in fanboy culture) and open hostility (in cancel culture).

They cause these fans of K-pop to trumpet commercial products when they themselves don't hold much value in these products even at the moment of trumpeting. This leads to extreme reactions on both the sayers and naysayers, and also the K-pop fans who haven't yet heard or seen the product. These camps lack the patience for a reasoned response, the inhale/exhale process of a healthy cultural response-- so amateur fanaticism has taken the place of criticism.

So shaming and ostracizing is the obvious next maneuver as contempt breeds. The more online shame cycles you observe, most especially here on allkpop.com news page, the more obvious the pattern becomes: Everyone comes up with a principled-sounding pretext that serves as a barrier against admitting to themselves that, in fact, all they really have done is joined a mob.

• i love when newbies come in thinking theyve thought up something new when we've known about this for 10 years

next we'll find out about trainee debt

what trainee debt nooooooooo my oppas and unnies are still in debt what am I going to do?? :/

• i love when newbies come in thinking theyve thought up something new when we've known about this for 10 years

next we'll find out about trainee debt

I've never purported to say that it was a revelation and/or epiphany, but something that needs reminding-- as fanboys and these purveyors of cancel culture who want their love and promotion of their products unimpeded will continue to be defensive about it.

• K-pop melds together the worst of both worlds: stan/fanboy culture and cancel culture. Both are built on intolerance. Both stifle free thought and criticism; thereby it has no use for free speech. Instead it promotes and perpetuates internet fanaticism: internet mania being confused with genuine cultural response. If this was merely the dysfunction of phone-texting kids who always fell asleep during junior high English class (where they supposedly were introduced to art and judgment), it wouldn't matter much; but what's troubling is the rush to non-judgment and hype (in fanboy culture) and open hostility (in cancel culture).

They cause these fans of K-pop to trumpet commercial products when they themselves don't hold much value in these products even at the moment of trumpeting. This leads to extreme reactions on both the sayers and naysayers, and also the K-pop fans who haven't yet heard or seen the product. These camps lack the patience for a reasoned response, the inhale/exhale process of a healthy cultural response-- so amateur fanaticism has taken the place of criticism.

So shaming and ostracizing is the obvious next maneuver as contempt breeds. The more online shame cycles you observe, most especially here on allkpop.com news page, the more obvious the pattern becomes: Everyone comes up with a principled-sounding pretext that serves as a barrier against admitting to themselves that, in fact, all they really have done is joined a mob.

True. Any obsession, positive or negative, is not good for inner harmony.

• I've never purported to say that it was a revelation and/or epiphany, but something that needs reminding-- as fanboys and these purveyors of cancel culture who want their love and promotion of their products unimpeded will continue to be defensive about it.

the only people who are gonna comment are gonna either agree with every word you say and go ''exactly!! thats what i think too!!'' or people who already know in general. people dont really need reminded of basic facts

• the only people who are gonna comment are gonna either agree with every word you say and go ''exactly!! thats what i think too!!'' or people who already know in general. people dont really need reminded of basic facts

Transgressive people who are oblivious to their transgressions always need guidance and a nudge in the right direction. Obviously you see yourself above the fray, yet your glib "loudmouth" enmity has convinced me you are not.

• Transgressive people who are oblivious to their transgressions always need guidance and a nudge in the right direction. Obviously you see yourself as above the fray, yet your glib "loudmouth" enmity has convinced me you are not.

Lmao I'm part of cancel culture and somehow turned into a man because I pointed out we already know this ''fun fact from google''

:D:D:D

• Yes, Shakespeare's JULIUS CAESAR also said murder and jealousy is bad, but he said it.

So are you more of a part of fanboy culture or cancel culture?

I am neither. Also it is called fandom culture and not fanboy culture.

Plus, the quote does not make any sense. Wth

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!