Unpopular movie opinions

• A movie that is unapologetically campy and batshit crazy or that isn't necessarily compelling or delivers a strong message doesn't make it bad or "not cinema" - if it's enjoyable it's good

I've been surrounded by condescending cinephiles in my school and it's tiring lmao

• Agreed, didn't really enjoy ghostbusters

• Black Panther is a bad movie.

The Matrix franchise was never good

The Oscars are all a sham but their sound editing and animated film awards take the cake for it.

Spiderman 3 is a good film.

• A movie that is unapologetically campy and batshit crazy or that isn't necessarily compelling or delivers a strong message doesn't make it bad or "not cinema" - if it's enjoyable it's good

I've been surrounded by condescending cinephiles in my school and it's tiring lmao

100% agree i love watching any kind of movie even if its just to criticize it

Oh wow SO MANY HOT TAKES I LOVE IT! Please keep going i will read lol

the first and third came as a genuine surprise to me but i appreciate it because its really unpopular.

I kind of agree with the rest, even though I actually enjoyed Alien and thought it was cool af. I can't believe The Thing was super shat on when it was released and flopped at box office. The suspense in it is chef's kiss, the acting is superb and the body horror :pepelove1:

And I loved Doom when I was a child lol, not sure what i would think of it if i watched again but i remember it being fun.

But way Tobey is your least favorite Spidey? :( That i will have to disagree!

Black Panther is a bad movie.

The Matrix franchise was never good

The Oscars are all a sham but their sound editing and animated film awards take the cake for it.

Spiderman 3 is a good film.

I never cared about Matrix, i find the idea good and the visual iconic but the movies are... Meh

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Ghostbusters is the most overhyped movie of all time.

Boring and awful! The only good thing about it was the song

Totally off topic but if you like the Ghostbusters song do check out Dongkiz's remake version

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Sometimes movie remakes are better than the original like The Evil Dead 2013 is one of my favourite remakes ever

Agree! I still prefer the original but the remake can totally stand out on its own as a horror movie. As horror, the new Suspiria is better than the original even though both are pretty great in different ways.

The Star Wars prequels aren't that bad.

I loved adult Anakin, his actor didnt deserved that amount of hate. The prequels are definitely better than after Disney bought the series

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• About Les Misérables, Russell Crowe was the best possible choice for Javert, his voice fits well with the character along with his acting. Javert last scene is the one that I replay the most.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I still like Alien, it just didn't have me on the edge of my seat like people hype it up to me. I like it, but not as a suspenseful thriller. The Thing is one of my favorite horror movies ever, agree with everything you said! I feel it was ahead of its time but has influenced the genre a lot overall

Toby felt way too awkward and kinda pathetic personality-wise compared to the versions of Spiderman I grew up with. Of course hes always been nerdy but he never felt lame to me like Toby did. I also haven't watched them since I was probably like 16/17 so maybe my opinion would change with a rewatch

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!