I don't understand why JYP is keeping NiziU away from anything involving Kpop

• Yes, I KNOW NiziU i solely for the japanese market, but even the Produce 101 Japan groups are going to MAMA. When NiziU feels more like ''Kpop'' group than Produce 101 japanese groups(no pun intended) and don't get to go to MAMA...

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• because korea japan tensions

the only reason im assuming the produce ones are coming is because mama (aka mnet) is owned by cjenm, who own the korean rights to jo1 (because it's a joint venture) and probabaly ini too.

mnet also had a tieup with aks (for 48 and 46 groups) so they came along too

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• NiziU was a Japanese Audition Show with mostly Japanese Ethnics, while Produce 48 is a Korean Survival Show cashing in on the Japanese Market that TWICE made relevant again, especially for Japanese Females. In other words, IZ*ONE is a Korean Group with Japanese Members while NiziU is a Japanese Group that has trained at a Kpop Company

Sony Music Japan co-manages NiziU so there could be a clash of Interests with MAMA Advertiser and Sponsors.

Anyway, we know it would be far too late to schedule NiziU for MAMA as they are currently promoting with schedules on the horizon.

• Because Jyp know there is almost 0 demand for them in Korea, respectfully, Jo1 have been in some way promoting in Korea for quite a bit of time now and have 507 followers on Melon. 507! Their most liked song has a grand total of 326 hearts.

Jyp Entertainment know there is 0 demand or interest in Niziu in Korea. Look at their sales and streams in Korea right now, almost no interest to suggest it's worth promoting them. They are a sister group to TWICE and got decent media coverage yet make a grand total of 0 noise.

Niziu will never do even close to well in Korea just like the rest of J-pop, the demand for it just isn't present at all.

• The Japanese Produce groups are under CJ ENM and and have ties to Mnet, of course they’re going because CJ wants to promote its own groups first and foremost. They also attend every KCON.

• it’s cause they’re insanely popular in Japan rn, like they’ve already sold a million copies in a year and are adored by Japanese GP. I’d compare their popularity to cheer up era Twice, it is literally on another level.

JYPE is probably trying to maintain the Japanese market (2nd biggest music market in the world), especially when they already have Twice, Skz and Itzy to capture the Korean market.

Plus, there’s not much demand for them in Korea anyway

• I believe that a foreign group typically performs on MAMA every year (WayV was there in 2019 even when SM and Mnet were beefing). It's obviously easier for CJ to coordinate groups they already manage to appear with the covid restrictions.

• Because Jyp know there is almost 0 demand for them in Korea, respectfully, Jo1 have been in some way promoting in Korea for quite a bit of time now and have 507 followers on Melon. 507! Their most liked song has a grand total of 326 hearts.

Jyp Entertainment know there is 0 demand or interest in Niziu in Korea. Look at their sales and streams in Korea right now, almost no interest to suggest it's worth promoting them. They are a sister group to TWICE and got decent media coverage yet make a grand total of 0 noise.

Niziu will never do even close to well in Korea just like the rest of J-pop, the demand for it just isn't present at all.

I wasn't aware that NiziU was permitted to be on Melon? If you look at youtube streams then NiziU is way way ahead of J01 or INI, combined.

• I wasn't aware that NiziU was permitted to be on Melon? If you look at youtube streams then NiziU is way way ahead of J01 or INI, combined.

Melon has a seperate JPOP section/chart that they go into.

The #1 J-pop song is Lemon by Yonezu Kenshi with only 5,152 ULs and Chopstick didn't even enter the weekly J-pop chart.

There's just no interest for J-pop and NiziU in Korea.

• The #1 J-pop song is Lemon by Yonezu Kenshi with only 5,152 ULs and Chopstick didn't even enter the weekly J-pop chart.

There's just no interest for J-pop and NiziU in Korea.

HAHA. Sorry but Lemon is almost a 4 year old MV. The Most Viewed JPOP MV ever and probably one of the best selling Japanese songs the past decade. Chopstic is a 2 week old song. That is an absolutely stupid comparison. Chopstick was the most viewed MV last week and their album has been #1 for the last three days on Oricon IE) it only came out 3 days ago so CAN'T be on the weekly charts.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!