Besides Twice, which 3rd gen ggs make more than 1 comeback this year

• I know people always through the phrase "nobodys doing it like them" loosely....

but in this case, seriously, nobody is doing it like them...

i don’t think this is the badge of honor you think this is. RV, BP, and MMM had solos, which they should during this stage of their career.

The milking before disbandment claim is BECAUSE all Twice is doing is group activities and JYP has a history of hating & suppressing solo work, because he rather milk the group than develop careers.

Doing comeback after comeback in the group, and choosing not to set the girls up for life after the group is only hurting Twice. But i guess keep simping for JYPs pockets, so he can just throw the group away once they get tired of group activities and provide no support for their solos.

• i don’t think this is the badge of honor you think this is. RV, BP, and MMM had solos, which they should during this stage of their career.

The milking before disbandment claim is BECAUSE all Twice is doing is group activities and JYP has a history of hating & suppressing solo work, because he rather milk the group than develop careers.

Doing comeback after comeback in the group, and choosing not to set the girls up for life after the group is only hurting Twice. But i guess keep simping for JYPs pockets, so he can just throw the group away once they get tired of group activities and provide no support for their solos.

It's all a matter of perspective. While solo activities are great, they're generally a sign of coming to an end and having to "prep" them for being alone like you mentioned, however, that's if the company is ready to let go of the group soon or see the group ending soon.

The old 7 year curse is no longer relevant in this day and age. With westernization of kpop, group life is has been extended as kpop interest extends into international audience. I'd even argue successful interest by international audience would spike a second revitalization of a group. Many people doubted Twice ability to hold international interest but, in typical kpop fan fashion, are always wrong. Kpop fans can never predict what will be successful and what the next trend is. The Feel's longevity is a prime example of this.

JYP is slowly introducing sub-units as seen in recent comeback. It's a baby step and the logical next step would be solos. However, we may not be ready for that yet. I foresee Twice having many more years to come and even if not, many groups and idols disband and is forgotten, with or without solo. I think you're overestimating how much releasing solos actually does for each members after disbandment. There are only a handful of ex-group idols that is still relevant today.

• It's all a matter of perspective. While solo activities are great, they're generally a sign of coming to an end and having to "prep" them for being alone like you mentioned, however, that's if the company is ready to let go of the group soon or see the group ending soon.

I think your fundamentally misunderstanding why groups break up, ANY group (western or kpop). Members get tired of being in a group. They want their own life (family/dating), schedule, other interest.

Not every idol becomes an idol to sing and dance only. Some want to be actors or variety stars and see it as a starting point etc. You sound like JYP is the only deciders of whether Twice stays as a group or not.

Do you think all 9 members want to be in a group forever? I’ll tell you from past history of groups, it’s very unlikely. Especially the ones who want to be “artist” and actually care/pick the music they release intimately.

Solo work doesn’t mean a group is coming to a end, it just means members have ambitions and some require being alone..... THAT is what causes groups to end.

• Fair enough.

I don't think at this point we know what the members want. We can certainly speculate but nobody knows for sure

As you mentioned, JYP isn't the only decider. It's also entirely possible members may not want or care for solo activities. We do know however that there has been more solo activity (not music) recently for some members and sub-units songs being created.

I just don't think frequent group comebacks are a bad thing. It's great for fans and it lines the pocket of the members after the group life, especially in the event they chose to just settle and not pursue any additional idol work after.

We simply just don't know.

We're assuming the lack of solo activities is a direct result of frequent group comebacks and that they would otherwise have it if it wasn't for it.

We're also assuming members can't find work after without having solo activities and likewise that if they had solo work, they'll be more able to success on their own after.

There's just a lot of "dont knows" We'd all be happy with the introduction of solos but I certainly wouldn't let the absense of it make this comeback a bad thing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!