So we all agree kpop is harmful to the environment?

• Kpop consumption from stans is a big contributor to climate change:

> bulk production of albums, increases waste on things most don't actually use

> streaming parties, waste unnecessary amounts of electricity

Now times that by the number of comebacks by the number of groups per year, it's literally tons and tons of waste, and you can bet not even 2% of it is being recycled.

And these are all due to greed, because stans want to brag that their faves sold the most albums or topped the digital charts

You are free to participant in these activities but don't deny that it isn't destroying the earth

• I think you need to look up the definition of the word "big".

Also anytime anyone ever uses the words "we all agree" the answer will be No.

This is one little bulk order from the past. Now imagine how much waste accumulated over the years, now that kpop album sales skyrocketed. People literally can't do anything else with this except let it pile up and contribute to waste

BiUP7TDCQAAtCqc.jpg

• This is one little bulk order from the past. Now imagine how much waste accumulated over the years, now that kpop album sales skyrocketed. People literally can't do anything else with this except let it pile up and contribute to waste

BiUP7TDCQAAtCqc.jpg

And? That will not destroy the Earth. The Earth is a lot more resilient than anyone gives it credit for. It might contribute to wiping out humanity, but the Earth will continue on.

Also, a very very small portion of Kpop fans do bulk orders like that. In fact, a very large portion of Kpop fans barely get to buy a single album from their favorite groups. So no, Kpop is not destroying the environment. There are much greater threats to the environments than a few chunks of albums sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• This is one little bulk order from the past. Now imagine how much waste accumulated over the years, now that kpop album sales skyrocketed. People literally can't do anything else with this except let it pile up and contribute to waste

BiUP7TDCQAAtCqc.jpg

Kpop industry should change the rule for counting photocards with album download codes to album sales. Fans can save shipping costs and get their photocards and Kpop can produce tons less waste.

• Of course. It's a moral dilemma we have to face. Sadly, many hobbies and activities have an environmental impact. Just by using forums, there's an environmental impact. Just by letting email sit in an inbox, there's an environmental impact.

We can do our best to mitigate this, but I would hope that the big corporations of the world also start doing something beyond greenwashing.

I agree with this well thought and mature answer. Best answer for me

• like superyeah said above - every little thing we do damages the environment in some way

using the phone or PC that you are on right now uses electricity

playing kpop songs or any songs or movies or tv shows or driving a damn car...

like there are very little activities that do not damage the environment in some way shape or form

• Correct me if I am wrong because I don’t have much knowledge about the subject but it shocked me when I heard that streaming is way more harmful to environment than bulk buying physicals. That in fact physicals especially the ones they use now are eco-friendly.

lt64IYu.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!