I love survival shows idc if they're rigged, manipulated etc. I love getting to know them before they become idols

• I know everyone isn't happy with what became of GP999 and the official line up, but even though most survival shows are manipulated or rigged by the judges or what have you I just love getting to know the idols through a talent show than through social media.

When I watched Sixteen I loved Twice even more. It was fun seeing what Twice could have possibly been.

Plus I think the best way of watching these shows are after it's over that way you can enjoy them without setting yourself up for disappointments.

• I'm similar

always say hate on this or that voting system or agency/tv channel mess up

but then I will be back for another one... like a pabo!

I should take notes :pepe-notes::pepe-sad:

btw. I'm already hyping up for "My Teenage Girl" (After School Excitement) MBC survival, leggo!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The only time I really cared for such a show was as I watched PDJ and really in comparisom to the Korean one it almost feels like if you would watch a totally different show even tho its ment to be similiar to the original.

The edits people made from season 1 cracked me up

External Content youtu.be

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I boycotted Kessler because of what happened with Izone, but overall, survival shows are obviously very lucrative. Those Produce groups could have easily been leaders of their respective generations if they were made permanent, i mean is there any doubt that Wannaone would have challenged BTS/EXO for 3rd gen BG crown, or IOI would have challenged Twice/BP for 3rd gen GG crown, or Izone would have challenged Itzy/Aespa for 4th gen GG crown?

Sixteen wasnt popular with the GP apparently but a lot of hardcore Onces who buy thousands of albums were probably formed during the show. They're probably STILL buying albums today, Twice's best selling albums are their most recent, which is amazing for a group that is in its last year before contract expiration.

• I know everyone isn't happy with what became of GP999 and the official line up, but even though most survival shows are manipulated or rigged by the judges or what have you I just love getting to know the idols through a talent show than through social media.

When I watched Sixteen I loved Twice even more. It was fun seeing what Twice could have possibly been.

Plus I think the best way of watching these shows are after it's over that way you can enjoy them without setting yourself up for disappointments.

I agree with the over part. You most likely know the members already and won't be setting yourself up.

• I boycotted Kessler because of what happened with Izone, but overall, survival shows are obviously very lucrative. Those Produce groups could have easily been leaders of their respective generations if they were made permanent, i mean is there any doubt that Wannaone would have challenged BTS/EXO for 3rd gen BG crown, or IOI would have challenged Twice/BP for 3rd gen GG crown, or Izone would have challenged Itzy/Aespa for 4th gen GG crown?

Sixteen wasnt popular with the GP apparently but a lot of hardcore Onces who buy thousands of albums were probably formed during the show. They're probably STILL buying albums today, Twice's best selling albums are their most recent, which is amazing for a group that is in its last year before contract expiration.

in korea, yes, but outside of korea there was no way wannaone or ioi would've been as big as bts/bp.

even in korea is doubtful tbh. the korean audience is fickle.

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

I sorta agree since I haven't watched gp999 yet and will do so now that it over lol

• I love survival shows because they give exposure to trainees from lesser known conpanies. Kpop is very big 3/Hybe dominated, it’s the same groups getting almost all the opportunities (which makes sense but still), so it’s nice that shows like Produce and its variations (see GP999) exist. It’s giving people who otherwise you wouldn’t even notice they exist a platform and help them grow a fanbase. This is why I will always go back to Mnet shows no matter who much they irritate me lol.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!