A suggestion to mods/admins about the Giselle section

• The Giselle's Section idea was great for people who don't want to see or participate in controversial threads instead of closing threads and stopping the conversations. and it was going good so far because the topic of discussion was serious and most were just voicing their concerns and venting, ie not necessarily shading idols because they hate them or for personal beef with other users.

However, now that other threads by trolls like about mocking vocals got moved to that section, it has become filled with so much hate, negativity, and personal fights between users which in return affected unrelated threads because they kept fighting in that section that only a few people checked out then brought the argument in different threads.

I am not trying to invalidate or anything for the people who like the idea of the section. I just have a suggestion to share, you might like it or not.

I almost hit submit before saying what is the suggestion....

How about making the dumpster a real dumpster by emptying those threads after some time? Like every once in a while, all these threads vanish then the new ones replace it in the section. Just saying. Unless this was the idea all along...then I sound very stupid :peperun:

lt64IYu.gif

Edited once, last by Yumeku ().

• lol, just found out that section. Oh boys. I were about to make a thread related kpop problematic, but I was thinking nah. I was curious how many similar situation to giselle had happen before, so I search on youtube. It turns out alot. This shocked me. Most of them are way worst than what Giselle did, and it's involved lot of kpop big groups. It also repeated pattern and behavior too. Some of the offense are botherline racist. Are we ready to open a can of worms? Should I created that thread since this is relevant to kpop not just Giselle? Are we ready for the discussion since the whole Giselle brought our attention related to this issue?

• you think you have enough akorns for your faves comeback, but suddenly you are -500 :pepe-cringe:

thank Yumeku

:pepe-use-head: Before the emptying due date, transfer your akorns to a peaceful user (ME) who doesn't participate in that section very often as a safe keeper. Then I will definitely give it back to you when your favs come back. I will never use it for my own gain unless my account suddenly got hacked by black mamba or something.

lt64IYu.gif

• :pepe-use-head: Before the emptying due date, transfer your akorns to a peaceful user (ME) who doesn't participate in that section very often as a safe keeper. Then I will definitely give it back to you when your favs come back. I will never use it for my own gain unless my account suddenly got hacked by black mamba or something.

this seems very trustworthy, transfering my akorns right away!

• lol, just found out that section. Oh boys. I were about to make a thread related kpop problematic, but I was thinking nah. I was curious how many similar situation to giselle had happen before, so I search on youtube. It turns out alot. This shocked me. Most of them are way worst than what Giselle did, and it's involved lot of kpop big groups. It also repeated pattern and behavior too. Some of the offense are botherline racist. Are we ready to open a can of worms? Should I created that thread since this is relevant to kpop not just Giselle? Are we ready for the discussion since the whole Giselle brought our attention related to this issue?

The dumpster is not a Giselle exclusive thread. It just feels like it because this is the most recent issue. Some cases have been talked to death and revived in the old akp.. some were surprisingly swept under the rug.. but to bring back all, like you said, is just wanting to cause problems because some offences were done way back before people were aware of it being offensive. It may sound unbelievable but many were so desensitised to racism in the past, that most didn’t recognised it.

For example, as an asian, the toothpaste Darkie, did not seem offensive to me but when it became Darlie, with explanation on why it was changed, I became aware of the negative connotations of the said product. This means that awareness are slowly creeping into the global audience but you really need to understand that many still learning. So to dig the past is really unnecessary, let’s focus on the current ones.

Don’t click this if you can be triggered by race issues (it came from America, so how could non American know it’s not right?)

• Yea, I got it. That is why I am not thinking of making it. I thought it involves only a few groups but there were way more than that. it kinda shocked me how many there were.

Just found out that Lee hi had a somewhat similar situation like Giselle, but she fully sing the N word, and laughing about it. I am not sure this have discussed here before because I never heard of it. Anyway, there are many more.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Nothing wrong with people venting and telling others that something is wrong. In fact, it's needed but it is wrong when it's not about the actual issue and rather spamming x idol is racist, x idol is misogynist...etc. ie canceling specific idols and telling everyone to cancel them every time and everywhere the idol is mentioned; but then ignore their fav doing the same thing "because back then their fans didn't know better". Don't single someone from the beginning for hate in unrelated posts. Instead, talk about the issue itself imo.

lt64IYu.gif

• this seems very trustworthy, transfering my akorns right away!

:pepe-use-head: Before the emptying due date, transfer your akorns to a peaceful user (ME) who doesn't participate in that section very often as a safe keeper. Then I will definitely give it back to you when your favs come back. I will never use it for my own gain unless my account suddenly got hacked by black mamba or something.

the only trustworthy person to anybody's akorns is selfmate obviously!!!!

• I thought that section was made specifically for controversial threads with sensitive content. But last night, I had a comment congratulating abs for his hit thread moved to that section, I'm so confused.

• No the threads must stay because you can't edit em and people can keep receipts of the shitty things that they say and cannot back away and lie anymore

:siptear::siptear:

Having those threads deleted means giving dem dumb dumbs a clean slate everytime

• Nothing wrong with people venting and telling others that something is wrong. In fact, it's needed but it is wrong when it's not about the actual issue and rather spamming x idol is racist, x idol is misogynist...etc. ie canceling specific idols and telling everyone to cancel them every time and everywhere the idol is mentioned; but then ignore their fav doing the same thing "because back then their fans didn't know better". Don't single someone from the beginning for hate in unrelated posts. Instead, talk about the issue itself imo.

Good point. I agree.

• Your comment probably got caught it the thread break. I will search for it and move it back.

no it is alright, i am not bothered. my point is i thought the section was specifically for sensitive and controversial topics that some people might not want to see, but now it feels like your regular troll and bickering troll threads are getting moved there too, which kinda dillutes the importance of the section imo.

please don't make an effort to go through the thread just to find my post lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!