So STAYC has trainee debt, but will start to be paid in mid-late 22, very fast!

• BEP Rado revealed that STAYC Girls have trainee debt

they need to earn some money to have money which they invested back but overall they should start to be paid in mid-late 2022

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks god they are rising fast

Thankfully they’re doing good now with stereotype as well

they are doing well

eating good food

taking vocal and dance classes

and they even moved to new dorm not long ago

• Why are you happy Bartkun? This is not a good thing, this means they'll have to work for almost 2 years before getting paid. In fact this is unacceptable.

. I don't know why the burden of breaking even falls on the shoulders of idols, they are not the ones that came up with the idea of launching a kpop agency. If you can't pay your idols then don't debut them in the first place.

• Why are you happy Bartkun? This is not a good thing, this means they'll have to work for almost 2 years before getting paid. In fact this is unacceptable.

. I don't know why the burden of breaking even falls on the shoulders of idols, they are not the ones that came up with the idea of launching a kpop agency. If you can't pay your idols then don't debut them in the first place.

I do actually agree that the concept of trainees racking up debt is pretty sad. Like why has that become a thing

• I do actually agree that the concept of trainees racking up debt is pretty sad. Like why has that become a thing

These men want to become millionaires so they recruit a bunch of aspiring teenagers, make them pay for their training and then make them slave away for years until these men finally fill their own pockets and then give the leftovers to the idols. And we are supposed to celebrate this because it is only going to take 2 years instead of 3 yaaaay

I'm happy because even groups like GFriend, Seventeen and BAP paid their debt in 3rd year...

only groups from big 3 don't have trainee debts

even trainees which go to survival shows usually have trainee debt

I'm not happy they have debt, and not happy about whole system.

But it's a fact, that 90% if not 95 % of all companies which debut new groups have trainee debt system so in this case they will pay it really fast.

Also a reminder if you go to private school you usually need to pay for dorm/housing, and in most times also for food.

I think people forget about it in KPOP.

Even junior football/soccer players who are making their pro debut usually get very small amount of money per month, yet they need to pay for apartment, + travel expenses to the club 'grounds' etc.

I know about it because I've got a chance to meet one of young players, and he said that in his case he started training when he was 7 years old, and until he was 16 he normally paid monthly fees for those trainings (well his parents paid it of course), then he was moved to official Academy in which were 60 players from 16-18 years old.

So he was living in dorm for free, and got two meals granted by club. But of course it's not enough, so his parents send him money, or sometimes visit him to leave him food, etc. but after all of that he made it to pro level, and he said that in his case the problem was when he signed his first pro contract he automatically needed to move out from Academy, and find apartment in which he could live alone. So he got about 1200-1500 USD per month, and he needed to cover all his expenses. The only thing better was that team had own chef, so the meals in club were great.

You can compare it easily to current situation of groups like BTS or Blackpink when they are rich and have everything.

So this young player also started to comparing himself to older players and was sad because he couldn't even get a good car (not even mentioning expensive sports car, just a normal car).

Then the change for him happen when he made it to match 18 and started to play more minutes, because club owner was giving bonuses. So you can treat those bonuses for goals/assists, wins same like CF's or concerts for Kpop groups.

Overall it is what it is :)

• i would agree with your analogies if these idols were indie or self-built artists. if these idols wanted to be independent and needed training then of course it only makes sense for them to pay for their own lessons. But these kpop agencies are built around the training system, the whole point of a kpop company is to train and idol and then turn them into a star, it is part of their job description imo to provide the lessons and training for free. this is not like sport clubs or schools whose job is to sell education. the product kpop companies sell is the idols themselves.

• Honestly they should atleast be paid minimum wage or company should keep at max half of their earnings toward their debts.

Not earning a penny while working 247 can be demoralizing

• It's interesting reading through it tho. Does that mean 100m won for the whole video I wonder? That's about what? 90k Euro? That's kind of surprising to me.

Hwasa once said that quality MV filmed by well known PD's like Zany Bros might cost about 200k USD.

• Yeah that's sort of the price I would have expected for MV's...but I don't watch much StayC so it's hard to get a feel for quality or whatever....

It's not only about set and CG but also about how many days and locations are in MV.

I think it was TRI.BE who filmed previous comeback in Jeju Island for 3-4 days.

• If Stayc mv are THAT expensive how much SM and YG invest ???!/&9:

But it’s weird that haven’t been paid yet while they sold 120k albums so far which worth over 2M dollars And they got a lot cf

If they grow at this rate I can see them being paid by mid-2022

In Korea not only in Kpop but also kdrama and variety show/tv world the money usually come with lag.

I don't know if it was in Running Man or other Yoo Jaesuk show but I clearly remember that one of guest said that if he appears here or there or in some CF then money usually is in his bank account after 2-3 months.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!