Appreciation Thread For Groups That No One Talks About Part 5

• Fifth Group: Weki Meki

Debuted: August 8, 2017

Members: Suyeon, Elly, Yoojung, Doyeon, Sei, Lua, Rina, and Lucy.

Fandom: Ki - Long

Songs: I Don't Like Your Girlfriend, La La La, Crush, All I Want with ( Hello Venus & Astro) , Picky Picky, Tiki Taka (99%), Dazzle Dazzle, Oopsy, and Cool.

Weki Meki released Weme on August 8, 2017. With the lead single " I Don't Like Your Girlfriend ". It Sold over 47,000 physical copies, marking it as the highest selling album by a girl group that debuted in 2017. Their breakthrough was in 2020 with the album Hide and Seek and New Rules. Since then they have been on hiatus for a year :cryc:

Almost forgot that they choreographed this dance and its my favorite from them :shake-it:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here are my favorite songs from them:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ur welcome, im on part six. Im going to keep making these parts until I'm done. It only 3am here and it's so much fun to do. This is just ten parts btw.

• Looking forward to it. You should start your own taglist for such threads. They're positive and uplifting. I think they're great for anyone who wants to get interested in a new group or who just wants to appreciate good content.

True, but its too late for that after i finish this ten part series. Im just going to post two threads one of my kpop merch and the other one is my last group to stan. Then I'm done making threads. I'm not leaving akp, I be lurking and liking stuff etc.

• Picky Picky is one of the best Kpop songs.

External Content youtu.be

dbed960a80097dc7d9eac973b7be5f732ec99c98.gifv  1f251c53cf32e8a39ff30f639687b517129b0205.gifv  8ce6cd0f2729463446ccbc09563cc6ad65a72d09.gifv

• Definitely. Also, Twicegraphy is a legend for this thread.

I like your signature. I would love to have an autographed 2NE1 album. I miss those 2nd-gen days.

They totally are!

Thanks! ^^ Me too, they were truly the Golden Era of K-POP! <3

Technically you can buy an autographed 2NE1 album from the Akorn shop (for $100)? XD Do you get discount for being a mod? :woow:

• You're right about that. 2nd gen will always have a special place in my heart. I got into 2nd gen somewhat late, so there was a lot I missed out on. The groups and signature sounds will resonate with me no matter how much K-pop changes.

I get certain perks that make it easier to obtain what I want in the Akorn Shop. While it's not officially a discount, I might as well consider it one! With that said, I want to give regular users more of a chance to get it, but if no one purchases it by the time the holiday season's here, I might take it for myself. We'll see!

Awww, that is so moving~ :') Me too. Excuse me, I might need to leave for a moment~ :pepecry: No but seriously 2nd gen was the best. It'll always be iconic. I wish we 2nd gen stans did a better job to maintain our faves' legacy to be quite honest, nowadays the kids have no idea who they are and think their faves are the ones who started everything in Kpop including globalization, and it kills me inside to think that my biases' legacy's been forgotten so quickly...........

Nice! That's noble of you. I was tempted to buy one myself, but I already have 1 autographed album and the only one left is Crush and I already have 2 (non-signed) copies of that one (both versions). 😅

At any rate, I sure hope you get one somehow! :borahae:

• They have not had that one hit song that puts them over the top, it is unfortunate that they are good enough to survive in the industry, but not famous enough to be sure they will keep going.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!