Is it too late for JYP to start TWICE SOLO ACTIVITIES?

• but they've had plenty of solo activities this year...

I remember someone literally posted a list of all their individual activities this year though...

• but they've had plenty of solo activities this year...

I remember someone literally posted a list of all their individual activities this year though...

Twice solo activities in this year:

Nayeon solo photoshoot

Momo solo photoshoot

Mina solo photoshoot

Jeongyeon solo photoshoot

Sana solo photobook

Momo dance collab with YukaDD

Dahyun and Chaeyoung Melody Project

Momo Performance Project

Sana solo song collab with Kobukuro

Sana appearance for EDM day with JYP and Wooyoung

Sana and Dahyun CF for Apieu in both Korea and Japan

Jihyo appearance for On&Off with Sejeong

Jihyo Performance Project

Sana and Dahyun interview in star1 magazine

Tzuyu Melody Project

Jihyo Under Armor CF

Jihyo solo photobook

Nayeon 2nd solo photoshoot

Chaeyoung solo photoshoot

Dahyun and Tzuyu promo for Gentle Monster

Tzuyu solo photoshoot

Mina 2nd solo photoshoot

At this point I'm sure I've even missed things.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• Yes and no. It is never too late to start solo activities but JYPe missed the most important time to do so. Now, they have to start from scratch building their solo image and finding their own style.

• it probably was you my friend lol

• No it’s never too late for them when suzy debuted I know how jyp work he is good he can make another suzy if he wants it just depends on their company for new fans out there it’s never too late

• No it’s never too late for them when suzy debuted I know how jyp work he is good he can make another suzy if he wants it just depends on their company for new fans out there it’s never too late

I don’t think Suzy is a good comparison here. When She debuted in Miss A, she was only 15 and went to do Dream High (where she became very famous) when she was 17.

Yes and no. It is never too late to start solo activities but JYPe missed the most important time to do so. Now, they have to start from scratch building their solo image and finding their own style.

This. It is never too late as they are still very popular. But JYP should have done it, maybe, a couple of years ago when they were at the very top (together with only BP). anything they would have ventured in would have been gobbled up by the public and achieving their goals much, much easier. They could still do it now, but there are a lot of newer, younger girls that are snapping at their heels, also fighting their way up. Competition is much fiercer. And as popularity of newer groups like Aespa and Stayc have shown, GPs attention is more spread out. Goodluck to them, though.

• Getting brand deals for Twice is not difficult. They are one of the top ggs and popular across the world. They can do solo endorsements on Twice brand alone. Doing solo activities like solo songs or acting will be difficult because Twice is constantly releasing new music. They don't have time for solo activities outside of group.

• I don’t think Suzy is a good comparison here. When She debuted in Miss A, she was only 15 and went to do Dream High (where she became very famous) when she was 17.

This. It is never too late as they are still very popular. But JYP should have done it, maybe, a couple of years ago when they were at the very top (together with only BP). anything they would have ventured in would have been gobbled up by the public and achieving their goals much, much easier. They could still do it now, but there are a lot of newer, younger girls that are snapping at their heels, also fighting their way up. Competition is much fiercer. And as popularity of newer groups like Aespa and Stayc have shown, GPs attention is more spread out. Goodluck to them, though.

if you see jyp track record of getting their gg on top you’ll know with sohee and suzy the only problem is he can make them it girl but only one of 5 he needs to learn to sm of how they did to snsd I’m pretty sure jyp can do it girls if he wanted too

• Yes and no. It is never too late to start solo activities but JYPe missed the most important time to do so. Now, they have to start from scratch building their solo image and finding their own style.

Ignoring JYPE's own plans on it, one of the big limiting factors will always be what they actually have time to do whist doing full group schedules and the answer is not a lot. If they're touring most of next year you're most likely not getting any substantial projects that will impact a members solo brand, assuming in any gaps they're releasing group music.

Someone has posted a list of "solo" projects the members have done this year above and how many of those have actually noticeably improved the stock of any of the members? Or had any impact on a members popularity? In 2016/17 Twice members doing those things might have made a bigger splash but in the current environment it's not working like that. 6 years in they're still taking baby steps so there's a limited impact from what they do. Whilst Twice are doing photoshoots and covers of songs their contemporaries are debuting solo, sub-units, as actresses, their own variety shows etc.

Tzuyu's archery videos going viral during the Olympics probably did more for a Twice members brand and popularity than any of the actual official solo work they did this year (so far).

In the grand scheme of things I don't think JYPE want to manage 9 different solo careers hence nothing substantial is happening for any member until they've put pen to paper. I'm not eagerly expecting big solo plans in the near future.

• It is never too late. Personally I think JYP needs to make a sub unit for Twice as well

One with a totally different concept/style then Twice usually does

Oh My Girl & WJSN did it great with their sub units & solos. They should look into doing it too

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!