Who would be the perfect center for GP999?

• Personally, I think that Yeseo would've been the perfect center. I thought that she would be the one MNet would push to be the center but was surprised when they didn't really give her that much of a narrative.

She has that youthful, cute visual that the netizens tend to like. She fits a range of different concepts and expresses herself very well, all of her performances so far feel natural. Despite her stature, she has managed to make her presence known in a performance. She also has this certain aura reminiscent of the previous centers. She also can hold her own when it comes to dancing and vocals. And most importantly, she's Korean.

However, with her current ranking, it's not ascertained if she's even going to make the final lineup let alone make the herculean leap to the first rank. :pepe-sad:

• I was thinking yeseo at first too but looking at how they are focusing on Dayeon maybe they are going for a strong concept for the group... but who knows.. I think xiaoting would a good centre but I doubt if any J or C trainee will become centre...

Xiaoting or Yurina would be good centers and probably the foreigners who have the best chance of ranking first. If a J or C trainee does end up becoming the first rank, they might give that trainee center parts just as in the opening of the song, center in first chorus et cetera while a Korean trainee of their choice (Dayeon) will get a good portion of spotlight in the song. Eventually, the center position might just become a formality every now and then like with IZ*ONE.

• Xiaoting or Yurina would be good centers and probably the foreigners who have the best chance of ranking first. If a J or C trainee does end up becoming the first rank, they might give that trainee center parts just as in the opening of the song, center in first chorus et cetera while a Korean trainee of their choice (Dayeon) will get a good portion of spotlight in the song. Eventually, the center position might just become a formality every now and then like with IZ*ONE.

But as a centre Wonyoung did end up taking that "it girl" status in the industry now... she is very very popular these days.. I do think her being the centre did play some role in this...

but yeah lets see how it goes..

• Xiaoting or Yurina would be good centers and probably the foreigners who have the best chance of ranking first. If a J or C trainee does end up becoming the first rank, they might give that trainee center parts just as in the opening of the song, center in first chorus et cetera while a Korean trainee of their choice (Dayeon) will get a good portion of spotlight in the song. Eventually, the center position might just become a formality every now and then like with IZ*ONE.

One thing to take note, they have never mentioned that the Rank 1 is the center unlike Produce series. So even if XiaoTing or Yurina gets No.1, they can easily not make them the center of the group because it was never said nor promised

• But as a centre Wonyoung did end up taking that "it girl" status in the industry now... she is very very popular these days.. I do think her being the centre did play some role in this...

but yeah lets see how it goes..

That's true and the center role with its prestige definitely helped make that possible, she did usually get the best outfits and cuts too as a center so that added to her already high marketability. You're right, it would be hard to see MNet doing this for a Japanese or Chinese trainee. :sweatr:

• One thing to take note, they have never mentioned that the Rank 1 is the center unlike Produce series. So even if XiaoTing or Yurina gets No.1, they can easily not make them the center of the group because it was never said nor promised

tbh I was wondering this as well.... no hype for final center position this time.. rather than saying center during eliminations they say rank 1 as well.. maybe there is no official centre this time.. it aint produce anyways even though half of the format is same..

• One thing to take note, they have never mentioned that the Rank 1 is the center unlike Produce series. So even if XiaoTing or Yurina gets No.1, they can easily not make them the center of the group because it was never said nor promised

Oh, good point. If that's the case, maybe they will push for a "center from each country" concept so they can get a Korean trainee into the midst and give them the more significant center parts with the Japanese and Chinese centers being more of supporting centers like Minju-Sakura in IZ*ONE :whatr:

• tbh I was wondering this as well.... no hype for final center position this time.. rather than saying center during eliminations they say rank 1 as well.. maybe there is no official centre this time.. it aint produce anyways even though half of the format is same..

It's always about top 9 top 9 top 9 there isn't any huge focus on the center.

I heard rumors that the next voting would be 3 votes regardless of country if that's the case it's time for YXY supremacy (if Bora doesn't make it)

• It's always about top 9 top 9 top 9 there isn't any huge focus on the center.

I heard rumors that the next voting would be 3 votes regardless of country if that's the case it's time for YXY supremacy (if Bora doesn't make it)

yeah true...

I think final episode can be a game changer for sure... you give koreans more weightage in percentage of votings and allow them to vote for all koreans? yeah they will definitely let it change a lot

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!