'In the morning ' is a perfection of what 'Icy' tried to be

• and to a lesser extent, 'Guess who?' perfected what 'It'z Icy' tried to be. it's hard to compare a mini with 3 original songs (+remixes of their old music lol)and another mini literally with double the original song tracklist, but the stylistic overlap is quite strong

the point of both title tracks has been to get the hooks into your head; they have relied on quick, chanted catchphrases you will remember, regardless of how you felt about the song's quality

personally, i believe in the morning has almost perfected the formula, particularly in relation to how icy performed. the small amount of hearts(likes) of the song on melon compared to the longevity on the charts at such significant ratings is something you will rarely see

what do you guys think??? is this complete bullshit or does it have some merit to it?? i personally love both songs + projects so there is certainly a level of biasy in how i interpreted the chart data lol anyways

i'm a new poster but i've been lurking avidly on akp for like 6 months at this point, and i was really curious how other people would think about it!!

i understand that i'm new but does this topic not deserve conversation? i hope this isn't viewed as disrecptful to the artists - that is not my intention

[edit] is this the wrong section? apologies if so

• Sorry but ICY is BY FAR my most liked ITZY Title Track. It's nearly perfect, every part sounds good and feels iconic. Most ppl didn't like Icy, but looking at the teaser I could already sense a bop.

In 2019, the best gg songs for me are Fancy, Icy and Zimzalabim.

Mafia In The Morning is good, but it makes me feel like a BLACKPINK song (no hate to BP), but with more vocals. It's a bop anyway, but I prefer ICY.

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• Sorry but ICY is BY FAR my most liked ITZY Title Track. It's nearly perfect, every part sounds good and feels iconic. Most ppl didn't like Icy, but looking at the teaser I could already sense a bop.

In 2019, the best gg songs for me are Fancy, Icy and Zimzalabim.

Mafia In The Morning is good, but it makes me feel like a BLACKPINK song (no hate to BP), but with more vocals. It's a bop anyway, but I prefer ICY.

oh yeah i totally understand, icy was a serious cultural reset

about the blackpink similarity, i noticed that 'in the morning' uses the prechorus as a strong build up to a mainly instrumental chorus, as bp do themselves in alot of their songs (not all)

• oh yeah i totally understand, icy was a serious cultural reset

about the blackpink similarity, i noticed that 'in the morning' uses the prechorus as a strong build up to a mainly instrumental chorus, as bp do themselves in alot of their songs (not all)

Wow I thought you would be offended but since your reaction is like this, I love it because I love "discursive" users.

Mafia In The Morning is very short, less than 3 minutes, which is one similarity. It has a heavy chorus, but more lyrics to it. But I'm sure ITZY is not copying BLACKPINK like people said because they have a unique concept.

ICY is honestly a big bop, if the chorus was more "defined" then I think ppl would have liked it more.

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• I prefer ICY. I'm in my 20s and will probably still be listening to it when I'm in the nursing home, that's the amount of replay value it has in my opinion :pepe-hehe:

• i understand that i'm new but does this topic not deserve conversation? i hope this isn't viewed as disrecptful to the artists - that is not my intention

[edit] is this the wrong section? apologies if so

Nothing wrong with your thread, don't worry. If you would like to become a part of our Midzy guild, let me know or just ask our guild leader.

You are also a MOA and TXT has their own guild but Mizy is best :pepe-devil::pepe-flirt:

• omg we love to see some icy appreciation... like srsly the choreo and performance is really top tier, and to think they were only 5 months into their career popping off with the casual neck snap sends me into orbit

Nothing wrong with your thread, don't worry. If you would like to become a part of our Midzy guild, let me know or just ask our guild leader.

You are also a MOA and TXT has their own guild but Mizy is best :pepe-devil::pepe-flirt:

omg i would love to join!! no clue how it works but it sounds a bit exclusive 😍😍

• omg we love to see some icy appreciation... like srsly the choreo and performance is really top tier, and to think they were only 5 months into their career popping off with the casual neck snap sends me into orbit

omg i would love to join!! no clue how it works but it sounds a bit exclusive 😍😍

I'm gonna tag you in the guild so we can interact there and I'll vouch for you in the guild.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!