One month later, did Lisa's solo flop?

• Tomorrow will mark officially one month since Lisa released her solo.

What is the verdict? Was it a flop?

It seemed like in the first few weeks, her solo debut was being attacked by everyone (multiple threads everyday on every platform - AllKpop, Reddit, etc.)

I got the impression that it totally flopped.

Now one month later, how does everyone view it?

To me, despite breaking multiple all-time records, gone viral worldwide, etc. - I still feel most people are slightly disappointed since they expected her solo will securely establish her as a household name globally (similar to Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, etc.) I think most people expected her to chart in the Top 20 US & Global Charts, so she still fell short of expectations despite having broken numerous records.

• How is breaking multiple all-time records, being viral worldwide, being talked about across almost every platform there is, considered a flop?

I don't think the word flop means not reaching the ridiculous standards you people set up yourselves.

If that is what flop means, then I don't know who else isn't considered one.

:pepe-legs: :pepe-tea:

• No

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• She broke all records for a female soloist. So if she flopped, so did every other woman in K pop.

But the word flop has become meaningless on here so...

"Despite breaking records" :clown::clown::clown:

• To be fair, I feel OP is not saying she flopped, but that she didn't do as well as expected and I think looking at the threads pre-solo there's truth there. But let's all consider that this came about this way, not because Lisa isn't a huge in-demand star, but the senseless moves and basic mismanagement of her career displayed by YG, all of which botched Lisa's solo era. Accounting for that and in spite of all that, she honestly did (and still is doing) very well.

• The song did well.

Only her fans were annoying pretend like as if it got no traction and flopped for some odd reason. I guess without Korean validation they feel that way.

Never have I seen a person’s own fans call a mega successful song flop like I saw Lisa Stans do.

You sure those are Lisa stans or akgaes? Because there are a lot of threads about charting and Lisa's achievements over the past few weeks. It's good to know and it makes us Blinks happy.

But yes, there are those who keep complaining about the mistreatment and lack of promotion, which is why it got less than the results we were hoping for in Korea. I think that's what you saw; those threads have merit, after all. There was just A LOT, though, that it's overwhelming.

• If you're only focused on Korea, it didn't do as expected, but still did well (at least, I think). Outside Korea, it was charting well. If that was a flop, I'd like to flop like Lisa.

• You sure those are Lisa stans or akgaes? Because there are a lot of threads about charting and Lisa's achievements over the past few weeks. It's good to know and it makes us Blinks happy.

But yes, there are those who keep complaining about the mistreatment and lack of promotion, which is why it got less than the results we were hoping for in Korea. I think that's what you saw; those threads have merit, after all. There was just A LOT, though, that it's overwhelming.

Fans complain abut promo all the time but never I’ve never seen a fandom so fixated and obsessed with it like Lisa Stans did for this comeback. It was a bit deranged lol. When she’s that successful even without it to only talk about useless Korean charting and downplaying their own fav was really embarrassing to witness lol.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!