Gp999 will flop, is it true?

• A lot of people saying this group will not doing as well as Produce series because of how bad the rating is in Korea. And now with Iland gg announcement few days before, they're saying gp999 is going to overshadowed by this new gg because they don't even do that good compare to iland s1 rating ;(

1. Gp999 and Produce rating

1. Produce 101

IMG_20211001_134622.jpg

2. Produce 48

IMG_20211001_134551.jpg

3. Gp999

IMG_20211001_134655.jpg

Here, you can see the huge difference between the number in Korea. Girls planet never get 1.00% for their ratings is not as worst as idol school but it is close to them!

Iland and Gp999

Iland tv rating

IMG_20211001_135702.jpg

They have quite low tv ratings, but it not really surprising because at that time mnet under fire over the rigged issues which make korean quite banned them.

IMG_20211001_134842.jpg

But this is their viewers from the online platform, which is really huge compare to gp999 now. Which mean, it is not people not interested on them. Their live viewers always around 500k every episode. While gp only around 50k.

IMG_20211001_132611.jpg

IMG_20211001_132524.jpg

I think we as gp999 fans are underestimate on how well iland do for their viewers. They don't considered doing that bad compare to gp999 at tv ratings but still manage to pull big number on online platform.

We forget how many hybe stan that waiting for their first gg, gp999 fans always thought that iland doing worse than girls planet but manage to be successful at their debut but ironically, they are already doing really good from the start.

The iland announcement few days back is a bad move from mnet. At least, they can announce it after the gp999 end. The hype for this show might decrease as many people wait for the iland s2, which idk why mnet doing this.

Addition:

I'm not not hating on the girls or this show, my girls Yurina, Chaehyun and xiaoting is there too. However, this is not looking really good on their side. Korean kinda dislike the shows right now, I mean you know how they always want korean to dominate they top ranking.

It is just, next year full of new girl groups debuting. How well they can survive? I heard Sakura groups probably debuting this year as saku no ki already end. And everyone know how big sakura in japan and china. Chaewon and probably minju will join the groups which they're really popular in korea and japan too.

I just hope for the best and they will doing really good for their debut. If they cannot compete will all the ngg and when the groups like bp and twice still come strong, they will waste 2 and half year for nothing.

Edited 4 times, last by Flovell ().

• Why are people so desperate for this show to flop? It’s 2021, we gotta learn sooner or later that not having Produce ratings doesn’t equate to automatically flopping

• but Produce 48 had the same ratings than GP999

the true problem for them is the political tension with China who's one of their main market

and the fact that if the lineup end up with a lot of japanese and very few koreans like the previoustop 9, you can say goodbye to most of koreans show apparition and the support of koreans

and same if it end up with a lineup were half of the member is chinese and the rest is a mix of japanese and korea, people in japan will not support them in korea, if the GG is 50% chinese

i think more than the ratings, their succees will mostly depend on what's the final lineup

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• no, op just uploaded the same image fore produce 48 and gp999

here's the produce 48 ratings
    pasted-from-clipboard.png

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• Sorry, i put the wrong one. Yup, I think so, at least they have international fanbase. However, more and more new face will come too. I afraid if they will debuting at the same time with sakura group. We know where the attention will go.

• I do think they're on track to selling better than at least Fromis if the international favorites make it into the group. However, they're not going to come close to IZ*ONE numbers for sure.

Digitally, we'll be able to gauge how well they'll do once the mission songs are released.

• As long as they have international fans they will be okay, ofc not a nation gg level but most of these girls are on the show to gain popularity and fans for their next career steps in their countries so I doubt they mind. Mnet even said they will promote as units in China and Japan, right? So they obviously don't mind flopping in Korea

• I still think they'll sell well. People tend to underestimate how much attachment people tend to get in these kind of shows. Now if you're talking about challenging the top 5 GGs or so that's a whole other different story since this group will probably have 0 presence in Korea. But at the end of the day, if they're selling 200-300k+ albums and have a decently large International fan base.....does it matter if they're at the top or not? Do you really just wanna be another casual success stan?

The fans will get good music and the girls will make decently good money. Not to mention the group will probably get good exposure at Mnet events like MAMA. Compare that to say all these nugu or mid-level groups who disappear or don't make much noise at all and you kinda realize that the situation isn't as bad as you think it is.

• I still think they'll sell well. People tend to underestimate how much attachment people tend to get in these kind of shows.

Not sure how much attachment I am supposed to get to the final group of the show when they keep booting out all my favorites

Even my remaining favorites are expected to be eliminated next

:pepe-sad:

• I still think they'll sell well. People tend to underestimate how much attachment people tend to get in these kind of shows. Now if you're talking about challenging the top 5 GGs or so that's a whole other different story since this group will probably have 0 presence in Korea. But at the end of the day, if they're selling 200-300k+ albums and have a decently large International fan base.....does it matter if they're at the top or not? Do you really just wanna be another casual success stan?

The fans will get good music and the girls will make decently good money. Not to mention the group will probably get good exposure at Mnet events like MAMA. Compare that to say all these nugu or mid-level groups who disappear or don't make much noise at all and you kinda realize that the situation isn't as bad as you think it is.

Idol school from mnet too, yet they fail to promote them better. The next survival show which is iland is from mnet too, which Mnet probably will favor who makes most money for them. They're no guarantee mnet will favor them.

And a lot of group will debuting next year, which big company support is huge than survival show support, as their fanbase already big and media will focus more on them. That's the reason why I said whether they can compete with others. Their international fanbase is not secure at all, depend on how their final line up will be.

• As long as they have international fans they will be okay, ofc not a nation gg level but most of these girls are on the show to gain popularity and fans for their next career steps in their countries so I doubt they mind. Mnet even said they will promote as units in China and Japan, right? So they obviously don't mind flopping in Korea

Which we will have ygngg, jypngg and soumungg. All of these groups coming from the company who has good records and reputation in those countries. They have quite big fanbase in china, but will it stay like that if only 1 or 2 china trainees in the final line up? And the new restrictions will make this group hard to promote there. We have sakura, chaewon and minju for japan that probably debut soon which all of them already popular there. If they debut this year, they will take spotlight from the gp999 group.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!