What do you think of NCT 127's Magic Carpet Ride?

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Them Doyoung's adlibs 3x

• External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I knew it was gonna be incredible from the track video, but damn it was even better than expected. Some old school 90s R&B boy group goodness.

Bobs Burgers Slow Dancing GIF - Bobs Burgers Slow Dancing Grinding -  Discover & Share GIFs

• You already know SM has the singing down. This specific song doesn't feel "whole" without a visual. The composition doesn't emotional connect for me, on a heart level, and I'm sensory. The "pop-up" rap part was...:pepewhat:

• This was the song that grew the most on me. I liked it when the track video came out but now I absolutely love it. I think it's my favorite in the album after Sticker. Something about it feels magical indeed. <3 It has such a graceful atmosphere and Jaehyun's parts are just gorgeous (I'm biased but yeah, he owns the song - no wonder Haechan said MCR reminds him of Jaehyun).

It has the same vibe for me as EXO's What If (which is my favorite song from them), and both songs share the same writers/producers. :blushing:

• I love it.

This is in the tradition of a 90s Boyz II Men slow jam (which is appropriate since Jaehyun showed off his Boyz II Men album on the relay cam) and I think it really makes nice use of the vocal textures (TY’s scratchy low voice against Doyoung’s airy, soaring one), Jaehyun’s rich and warm voice with that aching beauty at 2:07, which is under Mark’s slow jam rap, Taeil’s “you betta sing” ad libs, Haechan flexing his lower register, Yuta sounding richer and darker vocally than he had before.

I think Mark’s rap here is exactly the kind of slow jam rap that I expect on this type of song. It reminds me a lot of one of my mom’s faves.

External Content youtu.be

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• You already know SM has the singing down. This specific song doesn't feel "whole" without a visual. The composition doesn't emotional connect for me, on a heart level, and I'm sensory. The "pop-up" rap part was...:pepewhat:

:pepewhat:

You know there’s a track video, right?

(I don’t personally think it adds anything but I find ballad videos to be queso queso with very few rare exceptions, so I may be biased.)

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• You know there’s a track video, right?

(I don’t personally think it adds anything but I find ballad videos to be queso queso with very few rare exceptions, so I may be biased.)

The song wasn't strong enough to make me look for any created visuals for it in the first place. Seeing something fills a hole of engagement though that the track itself doesn't accomplish with the melody. When the track connects emotionally for imaginative minds, visuals will automatically come to mind.

Maybe if the vid actually took the viewer somewhere it would be just a tad bit more lukewarm. It would probably be next to impossible to completely compensate for a song that isn't a bullseye (ballad or not) though.

• best song on the album of course. i mean did you hear jaehyun?

External Content twitter.com

• The song wasn't strong enough to make me look for any created visuals for it in the first place. Seeing something fills a hole of engagement though that the track itself doesn't accomplish with the melody. When the track connects emotionally for imaginative minds, visuals will automatically come to mind.

Maybe if the vid actually took the viewer somewhere it would be just a tad bit more lukewarm. It would probably be next to impossible to completely compensate for a song that isn't a bullseye (ballad or not) though.

Oh, okay, so you just didn’t like the song. The way you described it in your first post, it sounded like it didn’t work for you without a visual connection.

Curious, are there any NCT 127 or NCT songs you do like? Because I keep seeing you describe each one on different posts as not dope or how it could almost be dope but isn’t quite or how you’d prefer a different member, but I realized I don’t completely understand which ones you think do work..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!