What do you think of NCT 127's Magic Carpet Ride?

• This was the song that grew the most on me. I liked it when the track video came out but now I absolutely love it. I think it's my favorite in the album after Sticker. Something about it feels magical indeed. <3 It has such a graceful atmosphere and Jaehyun's parts are just gorgeous (I'm biased but yeah, he owns the song - no wonder Haechan said MCR reminds him of Jaehyun).

It has the same vibe for me as EXO's What If (which is my favorite song from them), and both songs share the same writers/producers. :blushing:

I didn’t realize it’s the same team that did What If. I love that song.

:pepe-simp:

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Oh, okay, so you just didn’t like the song. The way you described it in your first post, it sounded like it didn’t work for you without a visual connection.

Curious, are there any NCT 127 or NCT songs you do like? Because I keep seeing you describe each one on different posts as not dope or how it could almost be dope but isn’t quite or how you’d prefer a different member, but I realized I don’t completely understand which ones you think do work..

If the song is 50% and missing something, and the MV is 50% and not interesting, it's not going to make me like the song more. If the visuals of MV actually took the viewer somewhere, at least that would have made the video worth watching a few times. For example, ITZY. I like two of their title tracks on their own, but I will watch and rewatch most of their MVs because the video direction is 100%.

Some of NCTs more appealing work is usually buried on the album(s). People who are already turned off by what their "front facing" material lacks usually won't listen won't go as far as scanning what's on the album.

The strongest vibes I heard that feel like a legit sound characteristic of NCT are: "I.O.U" and "All About You". "Seventh Sense" and "Simon Says" were better than average, but the "main rappers" who are pushed the most in NCT units don't have a strong enough aura and show up pretty "flat" on camera. They fall short of visually matching the frequency of songs with edge compared to other SME guy groups. I'll talk about my issue of who's pushed because they are a fixed member rather than being more skilled/talented in another post.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!