Easy Kpop Songs To Sing?

• no, I just want to practice, my plan is to use sweet night, I can't stop me eng version or Love to hate me. Whichever one fits me best but I want to do a warmup first.

I would definitely choose Love to Hate Me out of these two. I Can't Stop Me's English version is really wordy so it could be harder to remember and easier to mess up.

Personally, it'd be harder for me because if I was under pressure and because I'm more used to the I Can't Stop Me Korean version, I might end up accidentally singing some Korean parts and end up stumbling over some English lyrics.

I Can't Stop Me even has these hard-to-reach notes sometimes, especially in the chorus. It takes a lot of good technique and warming up to go from a lower note to a higher note like "I can't escape, you're my weakness and you're my vice" and it'd be best not to breathe between that line and "In the shadows, you're my only highlight"

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Pretty Savage is super easy especially since there's a lot of English!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

~ ω

• Pretty Savage is super easy especially since there's a lot of English!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It does but it's hard to learn for me... :pepe-life-support:

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Yeah, I can’t stop me has actually got some pretty challenging notes and fast sections, so I agree with the user above - unless you’re being very modest about your skills?

What is the play you’re auditioning for. Are they happy for you to sing whatever you want?

Sweet night is actually a surprisingly difficult song to nail, even though it sounds a simple melody, for the reason that Tae, as a guy is spanning a range in it that a lot of girls will feel they are naturally smack bang in the middle of. Most women won’t hit the low notes in the verse very easily, but if you start an octave higher, then the instinct is to follow him and climb up into the chorus which I know a lot of people, if they’ve not developed their breath control and support will sound squeaky at, but if you then drop down instead of climbing up, it may feel more comfortable, but will end up having quite a different overall feel.

• The first songs that came directly were Twice TT (or generally a lot of twice songs), SNSD - Gee (don‘t do that one lmaoo) or Dynamite (English!! 😂)

Edit: maybe a solo song, bbibbi or 23 - Iu, or Alien - Suhyun (maybe lower it a little bit but then it would be easy to sing these), Binu by Bibi

How do you sing? Like describe your vocals plus register

• The first songs that came directly were Twice TT (or generally a lot of twice songs), SNSD - Gee (don‘t do that one lmaoo) or Dynamite (English!! 😂)

Edit: maybe a solo song, bbibbi or 23 - Iu, or Alien - Suhyun (maybe lower it a little bit but then it would be easy to sing these), Binu by Bibi

How do you sing? Like describe your vocals plus register

I said I was a beginner lol. I have a deep/moderate voice when I speak but when I sing am more comfortable singing in a higher range. I don't know what a register is though.

• External Content youtu.be

• Oh, and btw - not trying to sound patronising! You may well be the next Mariah, and thinking ‘what the hell is she talking down to me for!?’, but that’s not my intention at all!

It’s just useful to know what kind of play or part you’re going for, if you want a chorus part or a lead, what kind or range you have and what kind of experience already. Like, if you’re going for a named role, but get to choose your song, it’s better to practice songs which fit the vibe of the character so you show them what they’re after, but if you have no intention of that and want a smaller role or a chorus role, it’s better to show that you are stable and confident and want to/can follow direction, without worrying about trying to flex too much etc!

• I said I was a beginner lol. I have a deep/moderate voice when I speak but when I sing am more comfortable singing in a higher range. I don't know what a register is though.

Then I agree with that user...I recommend some Twice songs, especially their earlier titles.

Sure, they're in Korean but :wellr:easy to learn, not too hard.

You can also try music you listen to a lot. Like I know all the words to Fancy just by listening to it so much lmao :siptear:

OOH or this song! It's so amazing... :blushing:

• Oh, and btw - not trying to sound patronising! You may well be the next Mariah, and thinking ‘what the hell is she talking down to me for!?’, but that’s not my intention at all!

It’s just useful to know what kind of play or part you’re going for, if you want a chorus part or a lead, what kind or range you have and what kind of experience already. Like, if you’re going for a named role, but get to choose your song, it’s better to practice songs which fit the vibe of the character so you show them what they’re after, but if you have no intention of that and want a smaller role or a chorus role, it’s better to show that you are stable and confident and want follow direction, without worrying about trying to flex too much etc!

interesting. But the auditions haven't even started yet and I have no idea what play we are going to do but I do know it will happen. I am not planning to be in a big role, just a mid sized role at most. But seriously, why do you think I am the next Mariah?

• I said I was a beginner lol. I have a deep/moderate voice when I speak but when I sing am more comfortable singing in a higher range. I don't know what a register is though.

You could look for the instrumentals in a lower register. I can recommend Twice‘s songs like TT or signal. They are easy to sing and once you practiced enough you can easily pronounce the Korean. Another song that is easy to sing is Playing with fire (except maybe the fast rap but with practice that is easy to do) and IU - 23.

External Content youtu.be

It‘s a cute song that is being covered by idols a lot of times. Apink‘s Mr Chu is also an easy song.

2ne1 - It hurts is not as high as other kpop songs and a slow ballad.

GD - That XX is also lower and easy to sing (I love to sing that in karaoke lmao tmi)

Edit: added mvs

• do you mean easy to sing lyric wise or singing wise?

• interesting. But the auditions haven't even started yet and I have no idea what play we are going to do but I do know it will happen. I am not planning to be in a big role, just a mid sized role at most of . But seriously, why do you think I am the next Mariah?

I’ve never met you, petal! You might just be being modest and casually hitting four octave runs and ad-libbing whistle notes in your bedroom, for all I know! One doesn’t like to *assume*!

• I’ve never met you, petal! You might just be being modest and casually hitting four octave runs and ad-libbing whistle notes in your bedroom, for all I know! One doesn’t like to *assume*!

Yes I am hitting four octave runs and ad-libbing whistle notes. You heard that icyruios ? Stan me, the future vocal queen! But seriously I do do really high whistles. I don't know if those are whistle notes though.

• both would be really nice. But if finding that is hard. Singing wise.

FXXK IT by Bigbang is pretty fun

• I don’t know the Izone one, but Butter is easier than Can’t stop me, mostly because of the pace. But if you already feel happy and confident with Can’t stop me, then keep singing that with joy and lean into those lovely high ad-libbed high notes at the end!

Uhhhh… the songs you say you don’t feel as confident with, are you able to say why that is? Like, is it because you just don’t know them as well, or is it because there are sections you feel are more challenging?

• I don’t know the Izone one, but Butter is easier than Can’t stop me, mostly because of the pace. But if you already feel happy and confident with Can’t stop me, then keep singing that with joy and lean into those lovely high ad-libbed high notes at the end!

Uhhhh… the songs you say you don’t feel as confident with, are you able to say why that is? Like, is it because you just don’t know them as well, or is it because there are sections you feel are more challenging?

I don’t know if butter is a good choice. Even though I am confident with it I burst out laughing whenever I sing it.

For the ones I feel uncomfortable I feel like they don’t fit my voice and I feel out of breath when I sing them.

Out of the songs I mentioned I feel most comfortable with I can’t stop me. I don’t know exactly why but I can sing it without feeling out of breath, bursting out of laughter and without feeling like it doesn’t fit me.

Not sure If I am singing the high notes right.

• My school has this annual school play and I am planning to audition for the first time with my friends! But I want to practice my singing first. So any suggestions? I am a beginner so please go easy on me.

Hm it depends how old you are?

If you want to sing a catchy song but it's kinda about heartbreak do Love Scenario but that doesn't have an official English version, more likely english covers would help though.

maybe try Lullaby by Got7? That has an english version but the music can be confusing.

• Hm it depends how old you are?

If you want to sing a catchy song but it's kinda about heartbreak do Love Scenario but that doesn't have an official English version, more likely english covers would help though.

maybe try Lullaby by Got7? That has an english version but the music can be confusing.

I am a 13-year-old girl with a deep/moderate voice when speaking and a higher voice when singing.

• Honestly, if you’re just practising, it could be anything…. anything you feel good with already or anything that seems like a fun challenge. Rather than choosing specific songs to practise right now, when you don’t know if they’re suddenly gonna turn around and give you a particular song to audition with, I’d focus on vocal exercises which will strengthen your skills generally and could be applied to anything you might need to do in the future.

• I don't know how much you want to highlight your vocals but for an easy song to sing how about something like this

lyrics wise it's not too demanding also

• Honestly, if you’re just practising, it could be anything…. anything you feel good with already or anything that seems like a fun challenge. Rather than choosing specific songs to practise right now, when you don’t know if they’re suddenly gonna turn around and give you a particular song to audition with, I’d focus on vocal exercises which will strengthen your skills generally and could be applied to anything you might need to do in the future.

^^^ there's a good amount of beginner ones online

I'd get familiar with the tune and lyrics though sooner

• A young gay me was once part of our schools drama society and let me tell you if you're practicing for a musical role you'll do better to stay away from pop music and the likes. Practice songs made for the stage, failing that ballads or songs with simple melodies in a comfortable range.

Identify as best you can what type of voice you have and what songs will best suit that. Most stage productions have characters with a decent variety of singing voices and vocal ranges, so when the time comes and you know what play you are doing you can watch previous productions and try to find a character in your wheel house to try for and give yourself the best chance at getting a spot in the show.

I think ballads sound nice. I can do that.

• If you lower the key 2-3 semitones, most Twice songs don't require much skill to sing. It's usually just the key (as well as them struggling in that key) that makes it seem more difficult. I Can't Stop Me is one of their few actually somewhat difficult songs, so if you wanna sing Twice, just pick a different song and lower the key and it shouldn't be hard.

Your other suggestions seem fine. I like the user that suggested "It Hurts" by 2NE1. It's a challenging song, but in a doable key (since none of the 2NE1 members, except Dara, have that high kpop voice). Being slower, it's also easier to remember the words.

• Yeah, it's also worth noting you don't have to be the most flash singer in the world with a limitless range, look at a recent-ish example. Hugh Jackman is a great person to look at. A good singer who's very stable without actually being a marvel with a huge bag of tricks or the ability to hit any and all notes.

Watch him in the Boy From Oz and you'll see he shines because he's a true showman with a polished voiced who knows how to perform, that trumps out right singing ability any day of the week in most roles.

Also, good luck.

I actually saw Hugh Jackman in theatre when I was- I think- sixteen or seventeen. Before he was famous. He was playing Curly in Oklahoma at the National Theatre in London. The guy was a totally competent Curly in terms of vocal ability, and he nailed it, but no way was he the greatest singer I had ever heard, but Jeeeeesus, did he light up the stage with his aura and his ability to inhabit the character on stage - to the point where I never forgot his face and then suddenly ‘What the hell!? Wolverine is CURLY!’ ^^

• This thread contains 12 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!