My Own Review Of LALISA (Surprising)

• BACKSTORY

Firstly, I wanna say the backstory for you to really know how surprised I was. To be honest, Lisa is my least favorite member of BLACKPINK, for many reasons. One of the first reasons was that her hip-hop isn't my type. The next reason is because of some very toxic Blinks or Lilies attacking people for not ranking Lisa first in dancing, etc.

So for me, I didn't expect much from Lisa's solo. Ppl may think I am a Lisa anti in disguise, but it's just that you know when some of her toxic fans were so aggressive and attacked others, that made me a bit angry.

I was 100% sure it would do really well, and I was sure her fans will protect her from the attacks of other ppl. Since I was so disappointed in Solo, but I liked On The Ground, combined with all the factors, I didn't think I would like Lisa's solo that much, and I thought I will watch it only once.

POINTS MADE

Secondly, let's talk about the negative things first. For me, some of the parts were not arranged carefully, and I think the dance break instrumental "what's my name what's my name" should have been put after every chorus, to make it catchier.

Also, with Lisa's amazing dancing skills, they must have given her a more challenging but more beautiful choreography, but I see why they put that choreography. To make Lalisa a TikTok trend, it must have an easy dance for people to follow, I just wished that her dance skills should have been more showcased.

The transition between the bridge, the Thai part, and the last chorus were a bit laggy, not smooth, and also, the last chorus should have had stronger beats to make a great impact before the song ended.

SURPRISES

Thirdly, the amazing points I didn't expect. I would never have thought she would do A VOCAL CHORUS! Wow! Like so many BLACKPINK songs are mostly beat drop choruses, so I expected a strong beat drop for her to showcase her dancing, something very similar to Pretty Savage. But then I didn't like PS, but I LOVED that she made a vocal chorus!

Also, I really liked how they made the instrumental, it is really good and the Thai part is very unique. I also really liked the drop and wished it was repeated more. The MV is so freaking beautiful, I think I liked this more than Solo and On The Ground's MVs. Many of her shots and outfits were spot-on amazing and fitted her so well.

My favorite part of Lalisa is her rap in the 2nd verse, "baby get the megaphone" to the part she danced on a stick. Everything was perfect in that part, from rapping to outfits, facials, and stuff. That part is simply ADDICTIVE.

In Vietnam only, I thought this time her fans would have so much to brag about her big achievements. But I was so shocked to find so many negative comments from K-Pop stans saying "this MV is popular bc she's Lisa", "only her fans like it that's why", "it's so bad why is it so successful", "it's a flop, no #1 iTunes US and freefalling on iChart", "it sucks compared to Solo", some of which were from another member's akgae. I was SHOCKED because usually what Lisa gets is always praises. Suddenly I felt bad for Lisa, which never happened, bc I genuinely liked Lalisa.

CONCLUSION

Finally, I just wanted to say that Lalisa was a big surprise because I liked it way more than I expected considering my relationship with BLACKPINK members. But for me, maybe music has its own charm. I didn't like BLACKPINK a lot after DDDD, but HYLT and Lovesick Girls amazed me. So Lalisa might have made me thought about Lisa a lot, and this sound will be on repeat because it really amazed me. For BLACKPINK's solo, it's On The Ground > Lalisa >>>>>>>> Solo right now. I feel like this will be very successful, and as always, congrats Blinks and Lilies for the amazing achievements.

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• A non blink seeing the lack of support .. :pepepizza: since the release of her MV Lisa is being attacked as if she k people ..

Thanks for sharing your point on the music and i hope you give a chance for Lisa performances, Lalisa was done for performances and Lisa is the best on it!!

About the fans, shit fans are everywhere and try to not associate her or idols with their fans.. the idols work so hard that it's sad having they associate with their toxic fans.

• A non blink seeing the lack of support .. :pepepizza: since the release of her MV Lisa is being attacked as if she k people ..

Thanks for sharing your point on the music and i hope you give a chance for Lisa performances, Lalisa was done for performances and Lisa is the best on it!!

About the fans, shit fans are everywhere and try to not associate her or idols with their fans.. the idols work so hard that it's sad having they associate with their toxic fans.

I was very shocked, I thought she would be loved like the other BP comebacks and solos but I was so shocked to see tons of hate comments, specifically from a BLACKPINK-lover country like Vietnam.

I have already watched her performances and I have been liking them so far. She made the choreo look better than it actually is.

Yes, I agree with the fans thingy and sometimes it gets too serious, that's why I don't read confession pages and watch TWICE TikTok "vocals" video because TWICE is heavily hated in those platforms.

But YOU, monalisalove - you have been an amazingly positive Lisa and BP fan. I love it!

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• I was very shocked, I thought she would be loved like the other BP comebacks and solos but I was so shocked to see tons of hate comments, specifically from a BLACKPINK-lover country like Vietnam.

I have already watched her performances and I have been liking them so far. She made the choreo look better than it actually is.

Yes, I agree with the fans thingy and sometimes it gets too serious, that's why I don't read confession pages and watch TWICE TikTok "vocals" video because TWICE is heavily hated in those platforms.

But YOU, monalisalove - you have been an amazingly positive Lisa and BP fan. I love it!

I think the hate will cool down, people were just waiting for her to debut so they could have a reason to be evil. I think with she promoting and just showing us her talent people will stop the hate train..

And thank you so much <3 i try my best to give love for the girls!

• The first time I heard the song, during the YouTube debut, I was like, "well, it's not hard hitting...but the video is beautiful...."

The second and third time I heard it, I noticed I was just bouncing my head and vibing to it, and just accepting that I liked the way the song felt. I don't analyse it, I just like it.

I think the song will grow over time the way other songs like "Dumb Dumb" and "Next Level" grew in the weeks ahead...but people are shocked that it's not doing as well as expected NOW. I don't think it will reach "Next Level" status, but I think it will do respectably over time.

I don't know why she gets so much hate. I would think that Vietnam would support her because she represents SEA, but maybe that's too simple a way of looking at the world, and that region of the world. How does Vietnam feel about Thailand generally? When the French were there there was a war in 1940 over the border, but that was colonialism. Do the two peoples dislike each other? Could that have something to do with it?

I agree with you. The first part that jumped out at me was the "Baby, get the megaphone" rap. The rap was so clean and I love her tone. She looks sooo good in that pant suit. She was dressed like Agent Scully from the X-files (if your old enough to remember that). And "Polisa" should be iconic now. (Wait....she was with the "Polisa" (police-Lisa) in the first part...but was a pole-dancer in the second part...Pole Lisa.) I just noticed that......

• I really agree with your observation about the song.

About Vietnam, it's not Thailand but it's China, you know, many of them are still fans of Chinese idols even though we don't have a good relationship with China considering our past.

So to say Vietnam hates Thailand is not true. For instance, many people are still fans of Lukkade Metinee, Bee Namthip or Cris Horwang bc they liked The Face Thailand. And some of us, including me, like BL actors like BrightWin (my fave), MewGulf, BKPP,...

The only thing that Vietnam and Thailand generally has a "beef" is probably football in SEA. Vietnam football team usually has a general fear when we face Thailand and we usually lose, but that changed since Park Hang-seo. So that is probably our biggest "beef" haha.

Being a neighbor, I think Vietnam and Thailand are fine, we don't have any bad feelings. And for Lisa personally, there are TONS of her fans here, and tons of fans of other Thai idols. We are very happy though.

• I really agree with your observation about the song.

About Vietnam, it's not Thailand but it's China, you know, many of them are still fans of Chinese idols even though we don't have a good relationship with China considering our past.

So to say Vietnam hates Thailand is not true. For instance, many people are still fans of Lukkade Metinee, Bee Namthip or Cris Horwang bc they liked The Face Thailand. And some of us, including me, like BL actors like BrightWin (my fave), MewGulf, BKPP,...

The only thing that Vietnam and Thailand generally has a "beef" is probably football in SEA. Vietnam football team usually has a general fear when we face Thailand and we usually lose, but that changed since Park Hang-seo. So that is probably our biggest "beef" haha.

Being a neighbor, I think Vietnam and Thailand are fine, we don't have any bad feelings. And for Lisa personally, there are TONS of her fans here, and tons of fans of other Thai idols. We are very happy though.

Thanks for explaining. I really didn't know, I was just trying to find an explanation. I didn't think there were problems between the two countries. I used to work with someone who was half Vietnamese/half Thai. He never said there were any problems.

I still don't know why there would be hate comments about Lisa in Vietnam, or anywhere. Her solo is really bringing out a lot of ugliness in a lot of people, in unexpected places. Not just her song, but her personally being attacked for choosing the songs, she should have known better, etc. I'm getting angry about it. I'm starting to think her akgaes may be right.

• Thanks for explaining. I really didn't know, I was just trying to find an explanation. I didn't think there were problems between the two countries. I used to work with someone who was half Vietnamese/half Thai. He never said there were any problems.

I still don't know why there would be hate comments about Lisa in Vietnam, or anywhere. Her solo is really bringing out a lot of ugliness in a lot of people, in unexpected places. Not just her song, but her personally being attacked for choosing the songs, she should have known better, etc. I'm getting angry about it. I'm starting to think her akgaes may be right.

I was surprised because there are tons of Lisa fans in Vietnam. Usually, they will protect her at all costs, but suddenly a random post popped up and it was the opposite. And it's not in Vietnam only, I also saw a USA post with the same thing.

Yeah, I was wondering, why do Blinks usually protect all the girls at all costs, and now some of the akgaes are like doing the opposite of it. I was very surprised. You are right about the last sentences. It's just a bit unexplainable because usually what BP or BP member releases will be a big hit and then everyone would compliment a lot and stuff.

There is a tendency in Facebook posts I have noticed in many places and it clearly shows in my country's posts. If the top comments are hatred, the smaller comments will be like that too and it also appears oppositely. When she dropped Lalisa everyone was praising the image, the beauty, the MV, and the sound, which was in a random post. After that day, a random post popped up and most of the comments spread things like "only her fans like it so this is why there are big achievements".

Although some of the Blinks already stated and predicted that Lalisa won't do that well in Korea, I still thought she would do equally good as Rose, but I was CONFUSED seriously. I thought her solo would stick on the high rankings longer but it fell, what a pity.

But again, it is FAR from being a flop. It is a success. Although some of the Blonks criticized I Can't Stop Me and called it a flop when it clearly did better internationally than Korea, I won't hold the grudge to shit on Lisa because of that.

• If the top comments are hatred, the smaller comments will be like that too and it also appears oppositely....

....But again, it is FAR from being a flop. It is a success. Although some of the Blonks criticized I Can't Stop Me and called it a flop when it clearly did better internationally than Korea, I won't hold the grudge to shit on Lisa because of that.

Yes, you're right. There is a lot of "bandwagoning" in Kpop where one or two posts, especially if the poster is known and respected by the readers, can sway opinions one way or another noticably and sharply. I think it is because many Kpop fans are very young.....

As far as charting in Korea, promotions haven't started yet for Lalisa. Her first music show is Inkigayo next weekend (Sept. 19th). So it's possible that the song will rise in the charts like other songs that "flopped" in their first week. This year seems to have a lot songs that have done that (Next Level, Dumb Dumb and so forth).

• I like it...I prefer Money to lalisa though

"Money" has such a....bittersweet sound to it. Like the person in the song is bragging about all the money they have, but feels empty inside. It's a boast song, but the instrumentation, the music, is kind of tragic, at least to me.

I like it. It hits me harder in the same way that "Gone" was more powerful to many people than "On The Ground." And it just sounds nasty. (In a good way)

• "Money" has such a....bittersweet sound to it. Like the person in the song is bragging about all the money they have, but feels empty inside. It's a boast song, but the instrumentation, the music, is kind of tragic, at least to me.

I like it. It hits me harder in the same way that "Gone" was more powerful to many people than "On The Ground." And it just sounds nasty. (In a good way)

personally I preferred OTG over gone but hey that's the beauty of it all right? we have the freedom to discuss our song preferences...

• I like it...I prefer Money to lalisa though

"Money" has such a....bittersweet sound to it. Like the person in the song is bragging about all the money they have, but feels empty inside. It's a boast song, but the instrumentation, the music, is kind of tragic, at least to me.

Personally I don't like Money. Lalisa was better.

This is the same as some ppl wanted Pretty Savage to become the title instead of Lovesick Girls, and I prefer Lovesick Girls.

You know there is a signature sound to some of BP's songs - Solo, DDDD, KTL, (HYLT is an exception), Pretty Savage, that sound, with a heavy chorus and a common vibe, that type of song is the type of song that BP fans and GP like - the kind of "savage, heavy, so cool, so hip-hop" things like that. I felt the same vibe with Money, and I have seen that vibe repeated so many times in different BP songs that I don't like it. Which is why I loved Lalisa more.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!