Why is 'Dance the Night Away' so nostalgic to me?

• I'm a non Twice fan who watched this MV maybe 5 times the first year it was out.

I didn't love it but I liked it enough. So yesterday I just randomly thought of this song and decided to watch the MV and BAM I got hit with....nostalgia?? It was so pleasant and comforting.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Liike why?? I have no emotional attachment to Twice or this song. But for some reason it hit the feels.

emanresu your thoughts?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I gues you got The Feels

External Content www.youtube.com

Stream

• Ooh no trolling!

Seriously sometimes you hear a song and it brings you back to a random time in history that you missed. Sometimes a song has nostalgic vibes and makes you remember the past.

For instance, in 2020, I discovered my favorite series and the OST just brings me back to 2020 every time.

For the song vibes, As If It's Your Last and Boy With Luv always bring me the feels of the old times, because of the sounds in the chorus.

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• Have you tried asking your therapist.

I don't have a therapist!!!!!!!

• I gues you got The Feels

Can I just say.

This sounds like such a fucking jam.

The other day I had this hook in my head, and I was like,

"Man this is a total earworm, what a great pop song.. What is this???"

It looped in my head for like eight hours before I realised, "damn, it's TWICE".

I haven't been this optimistic about a Twice song in a long time.

• I love stage mixes. Jihyo really did fuck that era up (the good kind) didn't she?

• geez what have you done with the real drew?

I guess I'm mellowing out in my final years lol

• I guess I'm mellowing out in my final years lol

one of my wishes is to come here in 20 years and see you trolling the 8-10th generation kpop acts :smirks:

Probably by then, trolling on the internet is seen as a capital crime and you are in prison already :pepestare:

• Did I just see.....Drew_B being a normal human being and not trolling?

Since I am a kpop fan (well sort of) I occasionally do like to talk about just music I like.

Even I need a break in between troll threads lol

• As much as TWICE has been mocked for being cute and supposedly insubstantial or lacking alleged depth of maturity.

There is a certain arresting magic in the cute simplicity of their early fare.

As everyone knows I am an unabashed champion of early to mid TWICE.

When they were at the height of their cute and youthful period. Their "comfort" period.

And even though Dance The Night Away isn't even my top favorite from that era.

It still brings a huge smile to my face, anytime it's on.

There's a magic to it even now.

Sometimes it is the simple, fun, seemingly inconsequential things that have the most power to move us.

And if you don't buy that.

Just know Tzuyu truly loves this song.

;-)

External Content twitter.com

• Such a great post.

Even though Twice isn't my style I definitely "get it". I completely understand their appeal and how vital they were to keeping kpop afloat during the final days of SNSD reign and in a way continuing that legacy of Nations Girl Group. It was the closest we've seen to a perfect baton pass between generations.

DTNA sort of feels like the end of "classic" Twice. The video especially is very pleasing.

That close up of Tzuyu on the first pre chorus is mind blowing. It gives me goosebumps every time.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!