Why is 'Dance the Night Away' so nostalgic to me?

• I don’t usually get strong nostalgia for things that are only five years old, as now I’m agèd, five years ago often feels like yesterday, ;-) but the nostalgia thing can be seriously potent. If you play me stuff from fifteen or twenty years ago that at the time I had little or no interest in, it can suddenly feel like a f*cking CHOON, because of the wave of memories that is unleashed.

• I don’t usually get strong nostalgia for things that are only five years old, as now I’m agèd, five years ago often feels like yesterday, ;-) but the nostalgia thing can be seriously potent. If you play me stuff from fifteen or twenty years ago that at the time I had little or no interest in, it can suddenly feel like a f*cking CHOON, because of the wave of memories that is unleashed.

I'm the same way actually. Even ten years ago is not old to me yet. 2010 feels like it was a few weeks ago. But for some damn reason this song and video did it to me.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!