Is Galactika ITZY's Answer to BEP?

• If you're a KPOP fan caught up with what's trending, then you know, ITZY is coming back!! With a full album no less.

For the passed 2 comebacks, JYP has taken the reigns for ITZY's sound, and feel however you want to about that lmao. I personally loved Not Shy and MITM (not so much ICY but I digress), but it's no secret that ITZY's biggest songs in Korea (Dalla Dalla and Wannabe) were composed and written by Galactika. And now, enters this new song Loco, and lo and behold...

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Are we about to get another viral moment from ITZY!? This comeback will tell us a lot of things.

If you look at Twice, while JYP and David Amber gave Twice some solid hits, Twice's biggest and most iconic song was written by BEP. For awhile, people were convinced that BEP was the TRUE Twice sound. Not so much anymore since they have matured and BEP hasn't written for them in like 2 years, but back before the controversies surrounding them, BEP was known as the ones to give Twice their biggest and most loved hits.

I'm wondering, is this the relationship MIDZY are about to build with Galactika lmao?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• BEP and controversies?

what kind of?

that they've decided to produce their own girl group?

External Content www.youtube.com

• Yes, I said this before Galactika is what BEP is to TWICE. Galactika made ITZY sound. JYP tried to replicate it with ICY and failed then tried to mould a different sound since he couldn’t use their original sound.

Despite Lia’s situation the public and k-midzy love Galactika. There’s so many positive comments from seeing his credits on the poster. There was a lot of uproar when JYP was given the hands of production for ITZY on Korean forums. He also ruined their momentum for the girls first comeback which should’ve been a turning point in ITZY careers but ended up fracturing what they got from DD then Galactika had to save them with Wannabe then JYP came in again and stayed.

His big ego is the sole reason why the company’s groups are being blocked from reaching their potential in my opinion.

Anyway, I’m not going to “deem” this a huge comeback lol because there’s issues with their image right now :pepecute: so anything can happen even with Galactika as their producer.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

Edited 2 times, last by Park_Oppa ().

• Yikes, I had no idea Lia's scandal had that much effect on their image in Korea. :pepe-cringe:

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• BEP and controversies?

what kind of?

that they've decided to produce their own girl group?

Most Onces loved them (except the ones who hated the key range they gave to Momo on most of their songs that gave her that nasally strained sound sometimes), but then they made some comments about Jihyo and Nayeon being the only good singers in Twice. So, yeah, while the public still loves them, and a lot of Once still appreciate their sound and what they did for Twice, some Onces are perfectly happy with them never working with Twice again, which I'm pretty sure they won't anymore anyway. StayC will probably get most of their attention and their best songs.

• I see a lot of people blaming JYP for not using Galactika titles in a spree, but is it really because of JYP’s insistent on using his songs, or maybe Galactika is just unavailable? Because to me, if ITZY is gonna rely on Galactika, i feel like they’d have lesser comebacks the way Teddy does with BP.

Galactika seems to be the type of producer that goes all out with their muse, but doesn’t release music That Often, i feel.

• Most Onces loved them (except the ones who hated the key range they gave to Momo on most of their songs that gave her that nasally strained sound sometimes), but then they made some comments about Jihyo and Nayeon being the only good singers in Twice. So, yeah, while the public still loves them, and a lot of Once still appreciate their sound and what they did for Twice, some Onces are perfectly happy with them never working with Twice again, which I'm pretty sure they won't anymore anyway. StayC will probably get most of their attention and their best songs.

Their comment about Tzuyu being only a "pretty face" was very rude and unnecessary.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• Songs doing well are due to the group, not the producers

If the group can't carry a song and depend of a specific producers then it's their problem

I don't think that's true lol.

A group's producer has a lot to do with whether a song is good or not. Sometimes get good songs and sometimes they get bad ones. Sure, if a group has a HUGE popularity, sometimes even if the public doesn't like the song, it can grow on them and do well, but I think it's wrong to say that the public not liking a song is somehow the group's fault.

• Most Onces loved them (except the ones who hated the key range they gave to Momo on most of their songs that gave her that nasally strained sound sometimes), but then they made some comments about Jihyo and Nayeon being the only good singers in Twice. So, yeah, while the public still loves them, and a lot of Once still appreciate their sound and what they did for Twice, some Onces are perfectly happy with them never working with Twice again, which I'm pretty sure they won't anymore anyway. StayC will probably get most of their attention and their best songs.

ah you mean the story when if I remember well Rado said that in his opinion with this type of music like TWICE you need to start with good vocalist and then he pointed Nayeon and Jihyo

I get it :)

but in same time, he pointed two best ones, and we all know that from all others Jeongyeon, and Mina are those who can also stand out.

they were in studio for sure so they know what they've heard

External Content www.youtube.com

• I see a lot of people blaming JYP for not using Galactika titles in a spree, but is it really because of JYP’s insistent on using his songs, or maybe Galactika is just unavailable? Because to me, if ITZY is gonna rely on Galactika, i feel like they’d have lesser comebacks the way Teddy does with BP.

Galactika seems to be the type of producer that goes all out with their muse, but doesn’t release music That Often, i feel.

You may be right. Given their track record though, I'm excited for this release. I'm ready for a BANGER!!

I'd rather they not take the BP/Teddy route though. Even if Korean fans are mad, I'd rather they use different producers rather than wait on Galactika even if the tracks don't do as well as the Galactika tracks on the charts.

• Is it weird that I prefer they take the BP route for better music? Like I can wait on galactika,it’s better to be consistent with a sound than experimental

I think it depends. I liked Not Shy and MITM, so to me, all the music has been good except for one miss.

If you're someone who hasn't liked any of the JYP produced tracks, then I could understand feeling that way.

• I like diversity, it would be boring for me if they always came in the same genre type song. Not Shy and Icy are the songs with the most fun beat that Itzy released in the summer. My favorites are Wannabe and Not Shy 3. Dalla Dalla. I don't like groups that repeat the same style in every CB. I think it's always good to try new things. Experimenting with new genres in terms of music makes Itzy more unique. :thumbup:

• Is it weird that I prefer they take the BP route for better music? Like I can wait on galactika,it’s better to be consistent with a sound than experimental

Really? I, personally, cannot imagine that on JYP. Like ITZY before now would only have Dalla Dalla and Wannabe in their comebacks. And tbh, Not Shy is really good among the non-Galactika ones. Moreover, they’re also debuting another sister group on the same generation and market as them.

• I don't think that's true lol.

A group's producer has a lot to do with whether a song is good or not. Sometimes get good songs and sometimes they get bad ones. Sure, if a group has a HUGE popularity, sometimes even if the public doesn't like the song, it can grow on them and do well, but I think it's wrong to say that the public not liking a song is somehow the group's fault.

But then if a song does good it's just bc of the producer, do u get that logic, example now: why Brave girls didn't smack when they got brave brothers, in the same line why their recent cmb didn't do as well bc it has little to do with who made this songs unlike who present them

and if a song does bad it's bc of people simply didn't like the song, if it does well itd bc they did, simple as that

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!