My opinion regarding the problem of solo/group cb promotion in BLACKPINK

• Hi guys! I will copy 80% of my quote of another thread here bc i think a lot are forgetting how YGE always played favoritism within their groups members and how this was way more worse than what's happening at BP situation and yes, thanks god BP situation is different!

So here is a summary of my opinion on all this situation that it's just this problematic bc of YGE mismanagement, not bc of fans. Easy as that.

Looking at YGE groups history we have a blatantly favoritism.

BB: GD/TOP/TAEYANG

2NE1: CL/BOM

Winner: Mino

Ikon: Bobby/BI

If not for the "akgaes/blinks/solo fans", do you guys think YGE would treat BP better and promote all four?? Do you genuinely believe YGE wouldn't push just 2 girls on solo careers and let the others 2 with nothing??

And why do people are acting like blinks/akgaes/solo fans started this whole situation? It was YGE that started the solo when everybody was waiting a 2nd group cb. It was YGE who started all this and thank god BLACKPINK fans are different and fight for their bias career bc if we were silent, probably 2 girls would be in the dungeon without almost none solo activities like they did with their others groups.

Their others groups may have some solo promos, but just in BLACKPINK you can say that all 4 are treated "equal".

So i want all the girls solo by now and i want YGE to f off and promote BP group cbs as a main event like they deserve and earned.

We should understand that YGE is capable enough of giving us group cb and solo cbs every year, even more with the solos being 1/2 singles. We shouldn't be "choosing" one above other, we should be demanding YGE to give us all bc we for sure are paying for this, like we always do, pay for this s company.

If YGE has the time to release so much scam merch, why aren't they releasing BP +100 unreleased songs?? Quality? No! Mismanagement! Just this.

So after carefully seeing YGE history with their groups and how they are still treating BP i hope some understand that we are in this situation bc YGE don't want to promote BP as their main group, neither they had intentions of promoting all 4 girls so now they are trying to see what minimum thing they can do for them and for us.

And yes, magazines aren't a topic of discussion here when BP has 23 songs in their 5 year of career. I will repeat myself again, all of this is YGE incompetence fault, in 2017 we didn't had that much fight within the fandom and even then we just had 1 song, not funny neither right.

Anyways, long post but this is my opinion on the situation of some demanding solos over group cbs or vice versa.

And as a blink biased Lisa I'm waiting for Lisa solo not a group cb as promised, bc i know this could be her only solo in YGE.

Disclaimer: i don't wanna fight, but this is my opinion and akgaes aren't worse than YGE who is blatantly sabotaging BP career atp and who have control over their activities.

• Well said...

I dont get why Blinks can't understand this point... Yes, all of us want OT4 content but if Lisoo don't get their solos now it's now or never for them since their contract renewal is up. It's highly unfair if all of them don't end up getting solos as they are equally capable and popular...

It's not like if the solos get cancelled we will get OT4 comeback... its just going to be another hiatus...

• Well said...

I dont get why Blinks can't understand this point... Yes, all of us want OT4 content but if Lisoo don't get their solos now it's now or never for them since their contract renewal is up. It's highly unfair if all of them don't end up getting solos as they are equally capable and popular...

It's not like if the solos get cancelled we will get OT4 comeback... its just going to be another hiatus...

This! With BP we really don't know what to expect, just the worse that we had ever since debut (hiatus and very few promos). I just don't understand how the blame shifted from YGE to akgaes when just one has the control over BP career.

• I’m just here for Mino & B.I

B.I wrote almost all songs for Ikon. And was main rapper with Bobby. So naturally they treat B.I better.

Since leaving the group he’s done well but I think he’s better in Ikon actually😊.

Mino and who? I mean - he’s great solo with the SMTM things he did.

Regarding BP as an outsider I’ve not seen any evidence of no promotions or favoritism. I know them and I’m not crazy about gg.

But there is a lack of new music.

I know them all through that docu and not one is better than the other imo.

I got to know them more through the Netflix docu so that was neat they at least did that🤷‍♀️

• BP deserves more than just hiatuses, few songs, modelling and CFs. They need MUSIC.

Although I know in my country, YG fans will usually brag about their company's "quality over quantity" of idols and say that other companies are inferior, I would want them to RELEASE more MUSIC.

Your points are well-made. I don't like blonks, I don't like solo fans, and I don't like akgaes, but looking at this pattern they might have only pushed one or two people in BP. I feel like the time between KTL and HYLT are WASTED, although that time played a big part in the explosive success of HYLT. That period of time, either Rose's or Lisa's solo should have come. They have wasted a whole year and some months. And I heard someone saying all BP solo might come in 2019-2020 that year, and I have seen nothing.

After Rose's solo, I am waiting for Jisoo's. But now Lisa hasn't released her solo yet, and BLACKPINK haven't even had any OT4 songs for this year, which will 80% make them not compatible for SOTY or AOTY or anything in the awards because of late releases. I feel like after a successful 2020 of BP with great content, YG might be in their old pace again.

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• actually Rose was supposed to have her solo a while back, she said it herself she wasn't ready so it made sense Jennie had her solo instead. I don't really see it about YG having favorites but as a company it's normal to promote those that are more marketable.

I personally don't think Jennie having her solo first was a bad strategy. Yeah, sure they could have waited for a little bit and focus on the group, but bear in mind that Jennie's popularity was rising considerably, so they knew the time to hit the iron while it's hot . I don't think it was necessarily a bad decision. Honestly, it's about time we stop thinking that jennie is Yg's favorite she isn't .

akgaes are definitely worse. There is nothing that justify their actions that kind of toxic behavior isn't warranted and the fact that they degrade other member just because they think they are favored is unacceptable to me.

• YG really should have released a full album before the solos started, and should have released one solo per year instead of what happened. But now, YG just needs to fulfil the promise of the four solos.

It annoys me that people are talking about a group comeback when they know Lisa is supposed to be next. It’s not like she is likely to get another opportunity either. I have zero doubt in my mind that her and Jisoo will only get one solo under YG. We just need them to happen. I’ve been a fan of YG groups long enough to know how they operate. I’m still upset about what happened to Minzy, she never got her promised solo.

• I'm all here for the appreciation of these members, but I'm not here for the group cb being focused so much on them while the others "fight" for 1 minute of the song... This is called favoritism.

BP are not on this same situation exclusively bc fans knew that all deserve the attention, promo and to shine so it's great that all four have this opportunity. Hence why I think they would be ok with solo careers in the future, bc they have a great fb each.

And this isn't about who is better, just that all four deserve to get equal treatment. Actually, all four are pretty much balanced in the talent field so I'm happy with all four music activities.

• I'm all here for the appreciation of these members, but I'm not here for the group cb being focused so much on them while the others "fight" for 1 minute of the song... This is called favoritism.

BP are not on this same situation exclusively bc fans knew that all deserve the attention, promo and to shine so it's great that all four have this opportunity. Hence why I think they would be ok with solo careers in the future, bc they have a great fb each.

And this isn't about who is better, just that all four deserve to get equal treatment. Actually, all four are pretty much balanced in the talent field so I'm happy with all four music activities.

Thats what I said😊

With BP it seems they are all a value

• actually Rose was supposed to have her solo a while back, she said it herself she wasn't ready so it made sense Jennie had her solo instead. I don't really see it about YG having favorites but as a company it's normal to promote those that are more marketable.

I personally don't think Jennie having her solo first was a bad strategy. Yeah, sure they could have waited for a little bit and focus on the group, but bear in mind that Jennie's popularity was rising considerably, so they knew the time to hit the iron while it's hot . I don't think it was necessarily a bad decision. Honestly, it's about time we stop thinking that jennie is Yg's favorite she isn't .

akgaes are definitely worse. There is nothing that justify their actions that kind of toxic behavior isn't warranted and the fact that they degrade other member just because they think they are favored is unacceptable to me.

Yes, I'm not saying the solo was unnecessary, but YGE delay of the others solo was. Jennie popularity was rising, but the same could be said about the others girls too. Lisa went viral in 2019 almost every month, literally.

And yes, akgaes are bad, but what is stopping BP of releases is YG...

• People wonder why Lisa fans are loud, we have to be. Even with her being the most popular female idol of this gen, YG pulls stunts like this!

Bubble 💙 on Twitter
    “The choreo is literally sht , not just in main performance even in dance practice main dancer is not getting any screentime lmfao YG trying really very hard !…
    mobile.twitter.com

I have spent years watching YG favouritism in action. It is never the fault of those chosen ones, many of which have actually been my biases. But I’m not gonna sit back and let Lisa or Jisoo be treated how Minzy was. Without fan demand, I don’t think all of them going solos would happen. So solo fandoms can cause positive changes sometimes!

• I don’t remember Minzy ever been promised a solo. I knew that during 2ne1 haitus she wanted to do solo activities but YG turned down all of them. Can’t blame her for leaving Yg

And she wasn't promised bc people liked others more and didn't demand Minzy solo activities. She was left in the dungeon without some fans questioning it.

In BP when a member "disappears" we all make hashtags and fb email YGE the know what's happening. This is the difference.

• I don’t remember Minzy ever been promised a solo. I knew that during 2ne1 haitus she wanted to do solo activities but YG turned down all of them. Can’t blame her for leaving Yg

She said YG promised her she would get a solo and that she had been working on music. Definitely can’t blame her for leaving!

I agree, I think some people need to understand not everyone wants a solo at a specific moment. If they don't want it, who are we to force them to have one?

Just because one member got a solo before another doesn't mean it is favoritism. You don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

She said YG promised her she would get a solo and that she had been working on music. Definitely can’t blame her for leaving!

Actually she did record an album during IATB

It for scrapped in favor of another artist

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!