What's your opinion on Fast & Furious franchise?

• What's your opinion on Fast & Furious franchise?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's way too successful for what it's worth. It was fun when they went the bonkers international action/spy route with Fast Five but it only got dumber and dumber since then. It's all good to bring back older characters, but when it means no one really dies ever and even the bad guys are actually good guys, it defeats all the previously established stakes.

• It's way too successful for what it's worth. It was fun when they went the bonkers international action/spy route with Fast Five but it only got dumber and dumber since then. It's all good to bring back older characters, but when it means no one really dies ever and even the bad guys are actually good guys, it defeats all the previously established stakes.

It was really good until 5.

Now it just lives through their brand. Still gonna watch it tho.

but Tokyo Drift was legendary, wasn't it? :)

they've started high and actually I think they've ruined possibilities for potential hit spin-off series with few actors which appeared in F9...

John Cena, Finn Cole, Anna Sawai, Vinnie Bennett, and JD Pardo could easily be introduced as actors of new spin-off, just needed to put them in same timeline instead of some playing flashbacks, some real-time characters.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• God i never got the hype. Had to watch it for my man, bcoz it mattered to him , seeing expensive cars getting ruined. But i was bored to death

• Never seen it but I know about it and I used to cry for this song...RIP though...😔

External Content youtu.be

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• The first couple were decent car films. I didn't watch any other until 5 because everyone was hyping it. It basically became a full on action film with explosions, fights, good team v evil and so on.

Then I saw 6 and it was more of the same but even more stupid. 7 I saw mainly because of the hype for Paul walker and again it was more a loud stupid summe block buster.

Haven't seen any since but I've been told by friends that the franchise is basically Michael Bay Transformers.

• Official Post

It's superhero movies, but with cars at this point. They're entertaining to watch for the spectacle.

• the first few were great which focused on what F&F are about fast cars and family but as each got bigger and bigger they lost that closeness I guess of the cars and the family to be now just another generic action flick

• I consider the first and second one in a league of their own.

The others I can do without.

But the first two. Top notch car movies.

The first couple, and especially the first one, I consider highlights of circa 2000 genre films.

There's something special about that first one. The sense of family and unabashed embrace of high octane car under culture.

It has a B movie charm about it. That it isn't afraid to be what it is.

A movie for people who love cars. Love racing. And think it's something special.

That first one, and to a lesser extent the second one. Has heart that the rest lack.

I'm actually watching the first one right this second.

Love it.

• the first few were great which focused on what F&F are about fast cars and family but as each got bigger and bigger they lost that closeness I guess of the cars and the family to be now just another generic action flick

I agree about the first couple being different than the rest.

Especially the first one.

It's a favorite of mine.

• I agree about the first couple being different than the rest.

Especially the first one.

It's a favorite of mine.

I think in most franchises that aren't based on existing IP that it is very rare that later installments (which are made purely for $$$) are better than the original...the only one I can think of off the top of my head is probably Terminator 2?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!